Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

671 - 680 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Where is everybody?

9 years ago

I'm here! Sorry. Just melting here in Southern California. It's been 102 3 days in a row. As for me, I'm currently on bcp and waiting for baseline us on the 23rd. According to my calendar I'll be doing a retrieval around the 9th. When are your ladies cycles starting/fet transfers?

9 years ago

Hey ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA for a while! Life has been a bit crazy busy lately.

MMOR - where are you in your cycle? What is the countdown at until transfer?? Did the docs come up with some sort of new plan for you this time to try something different? Sorry, too many questions! :)

Awhittaker - That's so exciting you will be doing your retrieval around the 9th! I know you're so excited! :)

Jen - Welcome!! So glad you found this board. It is so very encouraging and just a real place to bring your joys and sorrows. It's always encouraging to be around others who "get it". :)

As for me, I am 24 weeks and 3 days today. :) Moving right along. Had my 24 week check up last Friday and baby girl was doing great! Have not decided on a name yet but will keep you posted when we figure it out!! :)

9 years ago

Awhittaker - That's way too hot for me! I always joke that I am going to move to Alaska. I like it cold! When are you starting stims? I will doing my final fet transfer on the 10th so I'll only be a week ahead of you.

Gracealone - Congrats on getting past viability already! Must be a serious relief that things are going well! It seems like that went by so quick. Feels like just yesterday you were saying you were pregnant. Have you started a nursery?

I went to my saline sono like a week ago? I don't even know lol. While I was there my RE was like while I have you in the stirrups want me to do an endo scratch? So I was like sure why not might as well throw everything into this last attempt. The saline sono was clear and the endo scratch went smoothly. I thought it was going to hurt like heck but it didn't.

Including the endo scratch we are doing a lot different this round. I am on antibiotics for a full month leading up to transfer for any possible uterine infections that haven't been found. Starting in Oct right before transfer I start steroids for possible auto-immune issues and then the day of transfer I start blood thinning injections on top of the baby aspirin I have been taking already for possible clotting issues. They think perhaps the blood flow is getting restricted to the early developing placenta causing the miscarriages. I just hate that they don't know why exactly and they are just kind of guessing at this point because nothing has come up in my blood work to prove anything.

Yesterday was my last day of bcp and I start estradiol injections this weekend. I always get really excited when stopping the bcp because I think that if this round works then this is when I start counting a pregnancy from!

9 years ago

MMOR - That's awesome they are being that thorough though. I know it must be so frustrating not knowing exactly what goes on inside your body when you miscarry but it sounds like they are being really mindful of all the possibilities and trying to implement as many possible treatments as they can for it not to happen again. That's encouraging!! It stinks sometimes that it takes so many rounds of failed IVF before they start doing that but at least they're doing it NOW!!

Keep us posted on how you're doing throughout this cycle. Your transfer will be here before ya know it!! Can't wait for the results! Hoping for a STICKY little bean!!! :) :)

9 years ago

So I kind of need a quick vent...

I ran into my childhood bestfriend at the grocery store yesterday. We still keep in touch but aren't as close as we used to be. She still is close enough that she knows everything my dh and I are going through to try to have a baby and she had a miscarriage herself which makes her comment that much worse.

Anyways, she had her 3 month old baby with her and I stopped to see him and chat for a bit. She asked if I had just gotten out of work and I said yes. Then she was like "ugh I just can't wait to go back to work in November. I am just so bored at home all day with the baby". I just couldn't believe how insensitive she was. How could you possibly be bored when you have a beautiful child to care for? And not every woman is lucky enough to get 6 months of maternity leave either. How did it not click in her brain that that would be hurtful to me and that I would give absolutely anything to be in her place? How does someone take motherhood for granted like that? I just don't understand.... I really wanted to slap her in the face and rip her a new one but all I could do was say enjoy it while it lasts and walk away.

9 years ago

Well ladies it looks like all of us are either about to do a retrieval or a transfer! I start Lupron on Thursday with an estimated transfer date of 10/21! I can't believe it is finally here!

Gracealone- I love that you are 24 weeks now and still checking in on the board :) I am so happy for you that this worked, and it keeps me hopeful!

Mnor- we are going to a be close in transfer dates so this is going to be nice to cheer eachother on. So, what all is going to be different about this transfer than the last?

I will be doing 10u Lupron for three weeks. I will also be doing IM delestrogen and PIO (IM) as well. I'm scared to death of the IM ones hurting!!! My dh will hold it in his hand to warm it up first and also massage the area as the pharmacist told me. I will also be taking Medrol right before the transfer. My baseline u/s is 10/6 with a follow-up on 10/16!

I'm in Florida, and it is so hot and humid here, but I can already sense that fall is in the air, and I am getting so excited for the holidays! What a great Christmas present this will be for us and our families and this is going to be the first grandchild on both sides and everyone is anxiously waiting!!

9 years ago

Mnor - I'm sorry about your interaction with your friend! I could definitely see how that would be very hurtful. I think if you haven't been through infertility and experienced it yourself then MANY times women take having a child for granted, which is so sad. Part of me is happy my husband and I went through what we did because we don't take it for granted just to have ONE beautiful child of our own. I think it's hard for women to "get it" if they were just given a child at the drop of a dime. Not that your friend can't be ready to go back to work. That's fine. But it's more in the attitude behind it. I get that. *hugs*

Jen - I think this board is GREAT!! And I love staying in touch with those going through infertility to offer any encouragement or support I can since I know it can be so scary and isolating. My husband and I actually had not done IUI or IVF yet when fell pregnant naturally. It was such a miracle. We had tried for a year and had known for a good part of that that my husband had a VERY low count...like 2 - 3 million. Our FS gave us a 1-3% chance of getting pregnant on our own and told us we would absolutely have to do IVF but that he still believed miracles could happen. Then 2 weeks later we got a positive pregnancy test (May 2, 2014)!! We had scheduled our first IVF this November but instead will have our miracle arriving in early January! :) We are BEYOND grateful and STILL cannot believe it nor can we comprehend how this could have happened. It is truly a gift and I cannot wait for you all to experience it as well when it is your time (because I totally believe you will have a time)!! :)

Excited for you and Mnor to go through this upcoming cycle together!! Hoping for sticky beans for you both!! :)

9 years ago

17 days til transfer!

I am getting a little worried though of having it delayed because AF hasn't shown up. On my plan it was supposed to arrive between the 16th and 20th. I have had a little spotting here and there but nothing I could classify as AF. Looking back at my calendar from my first FET it took 7 days from the last bcp til AF started which would be tomorrow if it takes 7 days this time too. Maybe I won't get one?

I just dropped my lupron down to 5 units on Sat and started the IM delestrogen. The IM shots aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be. I was pretty scared of them my first round too. Now I can do them myself if I have to but I don't like to. The delestrogen is pretty easy because it's a smaller dose and the oil is thinner than the PIO. Just be sure dh darts it in quick and straight and pulls it out straight and massage it pretty good after. If it goes crooked you will bruise. I iced before the injection when I first started doing them and I didn't feel the injection at all but that made me more sore and achy afterwards. If you can do it without ice it's better. If you get a sore hip just put a hot pack on it a couple times a day and it will feel better.

The IM shots aren't bad in the short term but be prepared for some possible nerve damage if you are on them for awhile. After 5 rounds of IVF I have major nerve damage in both my hips from all the injections. I started experiencing it around round 2 or 3. If I bump or touch my hip just right it still hurts and I definitely can't run or jog at all because of the impact jolting straight into my hip. I am told it goes away a couple months after ending them. I hope!?

9 years ago

Hey everyone! Glad to see some updates! Jen and Mnor - it sounds like you are moving right along. I've been thinking of the both you! It's such a long process to get the both of you started.

Mnor - I agree, it's great they are running all these extra tests for you this time and taking extra measures, I really hope it pays off!! I also saw your comment about the nerve damage. I still have pain and numbness in might right hip/butt area from the damn progesterone! Hasn't gone away yet :(

Jen - the IM shots really aren't so bad... and oddly enough, after having my DH do them for a while, I decided to try myself and it hurt a lot less! Maybe because of the angle of quickness I was doing it?

Grace - glad to hear everything is going so well!

I'm 16 weeks and 3 days today!! Crazy. It went by so slow at first and now it seems to have sped up. We found out about two weeks ago we are having a little boy :) I'm super excited to really start planning now! We had the harmony test (a blood test) which checks for all genetic disorders and determines the sex, as early as 12 weeks, and everything is clear! I'm just ready to feel him move... I still get nervous and feel not so sure he's in there. I have an appointment tomorrow, so at least I will get to hear the heartbeat again... no u/s this time :(

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo