Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

761 - 770 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Mnor - you just made me giggle with your hair salon comment. That is definitely the epicenter of most gossip.

I'm on endometrin and prometrin and estrace. The last two are covered. The endometrin is not and I am actually getting my next ten day supply.

I'm definitely getting nauseous more and have cravings and also aversions to food as well. Glad I'm not the only one with the uterus action. My legs are a bit crampy today too around my hips.

As for overall costs, hopefully you are both keeping track of your out of pocket expenses. We will definitely be writing off a huge amount at the end of the year. I also just got my ivf green light rebate approved for bravelle and menopur. It's a huge chunk of money back.

Hope everyone has a great Halloween!

Ps where so you all live? I'm in San diego, ca area.

9 years ago

Since we paid up front for our ivf the whole chunk was claimed on our taxes last year. I don't think we have enough little things to add up this year to get the deduction, I think it has to be over 10% of your income (used to be 7.5%). We claimed a little over $21,000 last year including the ivf payment, meds, and even gas and toll costs to get to all the appts. You can claim hotel stays too but we aren't that far from the clinic. We ended up getting a $1700 refund which doesn't sound like a ton compared to $21,000 but considering the last 5 years we owed money and this was our first refund since being married it was great! And I am in western NY. P.S. NY taxes suck!

9 years ago

So we got the crinone covered! Won't even have a co-pay because the nurse called and told my insurance it was required for pregnancy support! So we are so happy with that! We have been keeping track and will also write it off this year. I live in Tampa, Florida. Looks like we all are from all over!!

We told my in laws this weekend. They are very happy! I am going to tell my mom this week as I have to drive two hours to see her and I want to tell her in person. It will be her first grandchild!!

I'm so nervous about the beta Monday.... Hoping it's over 500. Still have no spotting, so that's exciting for me!! Boobs are a little sore, but that's about it... Is this normal? I know when all of my friends founf out they were pregnant they had tons of cramps and really sore boobs... Is this because we find out so early that we don't have strong symptoms yet? Totally freaking myself out... I guess this worrying side won't ever go away. I wish we could just be like other women who are pregnant and don't even think about these things!!!

Hope you guys had a fun Halloween!!

9 years ago

A lot of my early symptoms from week 3 & 4 disappeared completely going into week 5 which freaked me out too but my betas kept going up. With my early m/c's symptoms suddenly dissapeared so that experience made me freak more. I think it is because many women don't find out til later and aren't looking for those early symptoms so they don't notice til they get stronger. Early on I just had sore nips and then that disappeared, now that I am closing in on 6weeks my boobs are killing me again, all over not just nips. I woke up yesterday sleeping on my stomach...big mistake squishing those ta-tas. Holy hell they hurt when I woke up! And all day nausea is here to stay it seems, it has been constant the last 3 days. As long as I keep something in my stomach I don't feel as bad. If I don't eat something every like 2-3 hours it comes back strong! So basically I just feel like I am pigging out all day. 2 breakfasts, one at 7 another between 9 and 10, lunch at noon, snack at 3 or 4, dinner at 6 and usually a pretty hefty snack/second dinner right before bed because I can't fall asleep if I feel queasy lol. Last night I made my hubby go get me a buffalo chicken wrap and fries at 9pm lol I had a little craving. So yeah all I do is eat....

9 years ago

I feel like all I'm doing is eating... It thinking about what I can eat next... Lol! I told my husband that I'm going to have to start eating healthier because I don't want to gain fifty pounds!! I want to be pregnant but a healthy pregnant! Wish me luck for this second beta!!

9 years ago

I am so happy to come to this thread and see good news all the time!! I hope everyone that's having beta's today gets back good strong #'s! I would love for this board to literally just turn into a pregnancy tracking and update thread :) I'm in Atlanta, btw

I will say, just in case it gives y'all any peace of mind, that I literally had no symptoms. I will say in the TWW and maybe a week after I had some twinges and slight little cramps, but it all went away pretty quickly! It's impossible not to symptom spot though... I was looking for every possible sign and just wasn't getting it. I will agree I had sore nips off and on though.

9 years ago

2nd beta today was 695.67!!! So happy! I'll keep you guys posted!

9 years ago

Congrats on your 2nd beta jen! Looking good!

I am getting super anxious and nervous about my ultrasound on Friday. I am so scared that there will be nothing there or something. I just wish I could fast forward time! My jeans and bra are super uncomfortable though so something must be going on. I swear my jeans fit 2 days ago! They are the non-stretch designer variety but I am having to rubber band them already and I feel like my bra is soooo tight it's squishing the air out of me!

Also, this is officially now my longest lasting pregnancy by 1 day! Please keep growing!

9 years ago

Congrats Jen on your beta. Mnor- I feel the same way about my us on Monday. The endometrin is causing me to have pink discharge every morning and I keep reading that this is normal but it still freaks me out every day. I'm waiting for a call back from the nurse to get reassurance. I'm going to Accupuncture today again so hopefully that will allow me relax a bit. I do feel like I'm eating all the time as well but having more aversions to foods than cravings. I have a constant heaviness feeling. And yes my jeans and bras are getting tight.

Waiting- sharing pregnancy stories sounds good to me.

9 years ago

Apparently I spoke too soon. Went to the bathroom and pinkish/reddish spotting... Called the RE and she told me to go on bedrest the rest of tonight, get a beta in the morning, then stay on bedrest the rest of tomorrow til they get the results and see if it stops. If it gets worse they told me to call back in the morning but I have a feeling I will be running to the ER if it gets any worse tonight. Praying so hard right now that I am allowed to keep this pregnancy and trying to breath.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo