Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

661 - 670 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Hi everyone! I had my retrieval on Monday. They retrieved 11 eggs, 10 were mature and were fertilized with ICSI. The nurse called yesterday and said that 8 fertilized. I am waiting for another call today for an update on how many are still growing. Today is day 3!! We need as many as possible to get to blastocyst so we can biopsy for PGS.

MNOR- My AF is supposed to start in a few days, so it looks like we will be on the same transfer cycle. Do you know what meds you'll be on? They are going to put me on BCP initially for about two weeks, and then I will start Lupron.

Ssura- Have you had a beta? Did you take any more FRERs?

I will keep you posted on how my little embies are doing :)

9 years ago

Hey everyone. Unfortunately no good news here. Another BFN. My husband and I both feel pretty defeated. Not sure what's left for us.

I don't want to totally lose hope. Even though I said the opposite before, I would do IVF again if our insurance can cover enough of it. My doc said maybe trying the estrogen priming protocol instead of microflare (lupron), to try something different.

Stupidly enough, I have a weird hope maybe it could just happen naturally if we could go back to having fun and enjoying each other. This IVF stuff has basically destroyed our sex life for the past year.

Not sure if I'll stick around on the board, but I'll be thinking of you ladies and hoping for the best -- esp. you, MNOR. Keep the hope!

9 years ago

UPDATE: Nurse just called. Today is actually considered day two. She just that all eight are dividing, and if we were doing a fresh transfer, we would have definitely done a day 5 because they are doing so well. She said that at day two, they expect for them to be 2-4 cell, and that 7 of them are 4 cells and one is 5 cells! So we have a little leader of the bunch! I am so excited and relieved!!!

9 years ago

UPDATE: Nurse just called. Today is actually considered day two. She just that all eight are dividing, and if we were doing a fresh transfer, we would have definitely done a day 5 because they are doing so well. She said that at day two, they expect for them to be 2-4 cell, and that 7 of them are 4 cells and one is 5 cells! So we have a little leader of the bunch! I am so excited and relieved!!!

9 years ago

Ssura- I am so so so sorry. I totally understand about not wanting to stick around on the board. Just know that we will be thinking about you too. Whatever happens, and whatever path you decide to take, please keep us updated!

9 years ago

Sorry ssurra. I figured it wasn't good news when you didn't post yesterday. After most failed cycles I have taken a little break from these boards. Sometimes I just read but don't post, sometimes I disappear completely for a week or 2. Somehow I always find my way back eventually though. Sometimes I feel like posting is the last thing I want to do due to the topics of conversation but at the same time it's the only thing I want to do because of all the support and understanding I have found here. Just know that I have been through it and just like you have responded to support me after my failed cycles, I am here to support you when or if you need it.

I got a call from the ivf coordinator less than an hour after I left them my it's cd1 message which was super quick. I am tentatively scheduled for transfer on Oct. 10th! A little later than I wanted but it's not too far away.

Jen- Good to hear your embies are thriving! As for the protocol I will be doing a similar start up. I start bcp on Friday and then lupron starts on Sept 11th and overlaps with the bcp until I stop them on Sept 16th. The ivf team meets on Thurs to create my official protocol so I will probably get that after labor day. I start IM estrogen, baby aspirin, medrol, lovenox, PIO, and crinone but not sure on the timing of all that yet. Hopefully you will start prepping for FET soon too!

9 years ago

MNOR- just waiting for AF to arrive to start OCP and then once we get the PGS results I think they will start me on Lupron. I think we are going to be pretty close in dates!! Best of luck to you!! i am so hopeful for you!

Update: One embryo stopped growing yesterday at day 2. At day 3, we have five 8 cell, and two already in the morula stage. Next call will be Sunday morning after they biospy them and we will get the final count.

9 years ago

Ssurra - so sorry to hear that. I know you must feel so defeated. I hope you have a great support system around you. Keep your head up and I'll be thinking of you.

Mnor and Jen - best of luck with your upcoming frozen cycles. I'll be thinking of you too!! Keep us posted on progress. Jen - I hope your report on Sunday is a great one!

9 years ago

The board has been pretty quite lately. I've just wanted to wait until I got the final PGS screening results. So, they called us last Sunday and said that we had 5 blastocysts. They called today, and said that out the 5, 2 were genetically normal. One is a 3AB and one is 2BC. One was a trisomy 18, one had multiple monosomies and trisomies. The last one they were unable to get a reading on it. I at first felt a little defeated about the news. But my nurse reassured that out of all of the women who did PGS screening and returned for a FET only ONE has not gotten pregnant. My doc at my appt had told me something similar, stating that out of his last 12 PGS patients, only one had not gotten pregnant. I must remember that getting those embryos to blast results in the best of the best, and now with the genetic screening we are reducing our chances of miscarriage and other complications. So, I call tomorrow to schedule my contract signing and appt with the doc for the FET. I'm very excited, and also starting to "feel the pressure" I guess. I have been having a lot of anxiety the past two weeks, about everything in general. I wake up in the middle of the night with my mind racing. I think I'm going to start yoga and look into acupuncture to help.

Just wanted to give an update... MNOR, any news? Anyone else have any thing going on???

9 years ago

Jen - What a coincidence! I started yoga this week lol. It was very challenging and I am a bit sore but it felt great. I just felt a major release of tension as soon as class ended. I will probably give it up or ask the instructor for some modifications during the 2ww though because there were a lot of core/abs and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that.

Congrats on having 2 normal embryos! The official statistic is up to 2/3 of all embryos, even in fertile women, are usually abnormal. So 2 out of 5 is just about right! All you need is 1 and you have 2! Awesome!

Anyone else have any updates?

I go in for another ssh today just to check things out and hopefully start lupron, baby aspirin and doxycycline tomorrow. Countdown is 29 days til transfer!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo