Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

631 - 640 of 952 Replies | Last Page

ssura - Yay!!! That's great news!!! You have so many eggs! Hoping a lot fertilize and make it to the stage they need to. How many are you planning on transferring again??

9 years ago

Still chugging along here just waiting for my consult appt on Mon. I only have 1 day left of summer school and then a truly needed 2 weeks off! I haven't tested at all yet. Today is cd28 so I probably could but I figured if AF doesn't show by Mon morning (cd32) I might take a test then before my appt but idk. I will probably have a blood draw for progesterone and hcg to see if I can start bcp to prep for the fet. I might just wait for those results.

9 years ago

Bloating has calmed, thank goodness. Planning on lots of wine tonight.

Looks like we still have 11 2-5 cell embryos -- good stuff.

2 are going in. At my age they recommend "1-2," but we tried one and that didn't fly, so we're doubling down.

9 years ago

I think we are going to go in the opposite direction :-) The first 4 transfers were 2 embryos (1-3dt and 3-5dt) and our 5th we transferred 3. The only thing we haven't tried is transferring just 1 so I think we are doing that this time. Plus I want to save as many as possible if I have to move on to surrogacy. I do NOT want to go through the stim and retrieve process again.

9 years ago

Mrs fridley! Congratulations and so glad that you and your baby girl are both ok. I hope you're feeling better and better and that your are all adjusting to life and sleep together. Thanks for being here for all of us and I hope you continue to check in and let us know how things are going!

Ssura- congrats on your egg count. May those embryo cells multiply and grow into beautiful blastocysts for transfer and freeze.

Mnor- good luck on your appt Monday. Hope they have a good plan for you that you can move forward with.

Waiting- glad all is going well with you :)

As for me, we're doing a natural cycle and I'm on cd 13 today. I had a pos opk yesterday and neg today. I'm having tons of ovulation pains and they are worse than normal. Maybe have more than one follicle? Who knows. We're trying the old fashioned way and maybe it'll work. If not, we start bcp next cycle and do another fresh cycle.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

9 years ago

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend.

Had my transfer today. Was feeling very optimistic (maybe a little cocky) knowing I had 11 embryos cooking in the lab.

Well, we got down there today and apparently most have slowed significantly. Maybe 3 didn't grow at all. We were able to transfer 2 as planned - the best 2, one of which finally hit blast just before transfer (eariler in the morning it was close but not there).

They'll call us tomorrow again but the embryologist said she doubts if we'll have any at all to freeze.

That said, this is it for us. Our last chance. But, we're being optimistic. It's gotta work.

9 years ago

So, I've decided to finally post on this thread and join you ladies in your IVF journeys, if you'll have me :). I have been following this thread for probably over six months, it is the only thread I follow. I have logged in many times to hear how your retrievals, your transfers, and your beta's have gone. IVF was an impending situation for us, and I found all of your stories very helpful as I could relate to you women. Mnor- I find your strength and positive attitude such a breath of fresh air and so inspiring. You will have your baby in your arms one day, one way or another. A woman I met in this process who now has 4 year old twins after multiple failed IVF's once said this to me, and it has stayed with me everyday. My heart breaks for you, as we all know the desire for a child is one that most do not understand because they will never experience as us women with infertility do. Thank you for all of your advice and support on this thread.

I am currently day 3 of stims with Menopur and Follistim. I am 29, my DH is 31. We have been ttc for over two years and have been diagnosed with unexplained unfertility. I have done 3 months Clomid, 3 months Femara, and we decided to skip IUI with the advice of our RE. We are doing IVF/ICSI with PGD. We will do the retrieval tentatively 8/27, and will schedule a FET the following cycle. My RE gave us an 80% success rate, which has aided us in making the decision to do a single embryo transfer.

Ssura- I am so hopeful for your transfer and can not wait to hear about the positive beta!

Awhittaker- good luck on your natural cycle. I have read so many stories of women getting pregnant in between IVF cycles.

9 years ago

Welcome, Jen! Happy to have you.

It sounds like you're right on course. I had a similar start (though we did the IUIs, partly because I wasn't with my current doc at the practice yet, and she is much more aggressive than the doc I started with).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, and of course, you're welcome to keep us updated on your progress and even just vent.

Fortunately we've had a lot of pregnancies on here lately so the board is a bit quiet, but hopefully that happens for all of us soon.

You have a wonderful success rate! We'll all be thinking of you as you move through this.

9 years ago

MNOR -- I hear you on stim/retrieval. I told my husband this was the last time. It is anyway, because of insurance, and I sort of feel badly saying so because it wasn't too terrible this time, actually. But it's so mentally draining and hard on our bodies.

Awhitkaer -- Good luck on the natural cycle! Fingers crossed!

9 years ago

ssura - I'm glad you were able to transfer 2 embies!! Hoping they are sticky ones!! Do you know roughly when you will test or are you going to wait for betas to come in?

Welcome, Jenbezzy!!! I'm glad you found the board and hope it is as encouraging and supportive to you as it has been for so many of us.

As for me, we found out a little over a week ago that we are having a baby GIRL!!! :) We are on cloud 9 excited!! Can't wait to finally hold her in my arms. I also can't wait for every one of you on this board to experience the same!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo