Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

851 - 860 of 952 Replies | Last Page

@thewaitinggame- OK that makes sense! I am going to buy some now! I feel like I am taking SO many different pills each day, but they all do something! Yeah i totally love acupuncture! It's so relaxing! I totally had a meltdown yesterday and just cried on and off all day and could have used a treatment!

9 years ago

Hi all,
Im in the middle of my stim, sched retrival is end of the week, so today i had my US and bloodworks, my dr said that ii had 1 polyp . I had a polyp removal last dec 15 thats why my cycle was moved, now, polyps recurred or just develop coz of the meds but defenitely will need to remove. And with this he said that he will do frozen transfer, which mean will move the transfer date. I was so happy and excited for last week all is going well and im responding good with med.. Ive been going in the clinic 5 days in a row, 3.5 hours drive both ways. And now, the roller coster of IVF.
Anyone here had a frozen transfer and develop polyp with in the middle of stim? I

Thank you all
I
I

9 years ago

@mayer-I am new to IVF and will be starting AF next week and then my BCP. Hopefully my stims around March 8th. So so excited, but SO scared too! Good luck to you!

9 years ago

I had a polyp discovered after 3 IVF rounds and 2 miscarriages. It was never discovered on regular ultrasound during the 2 stim cycles or the 1 frozen I did up to that point or on the hsg I did. It was only discovered when they did a saline sono. Not sure if it was always there or if it developed during treatments. Typical chicken or the egg scenario.

9 years ago

@ LSchader: yes good luck to us. Its trigger night tonight and retrieval on friday.

@mnor:in dec polyps was discovered thru sonogram, and in the middle of stim he think that theres another polyp. So today is my trigger, ill be using lupron and retirival will be friday. Praying that everything will goes well. what triggef u used? Kinda worried about he said that i have lots of follicles develop. Is this good or bad?

9 years ago

Good luck at retrieval! Wishing you lots of good mature eggs! I triggered with either ovidrel or novarel (10,000 iu of hcg). Lupron is perfectly acceptable as a trigger. Lupron is normally used to avoid ohss if your doctor thinks you might develop it. Did you get an estimate on the number of follicles you have and has your estrogen level been high? Remember to rest after and drink lots of fluids, Gatorade is best for avoiding ohss because of the electrolytes. Also, eat a lot of protein and salty foods, soups are great because you can get fluid, protein and salt all at once.

9 years ago

@mnor: estimated follicles are 30+ both ovaries, yes my estrogen been high. Ive gain 12 lbs since i start stim thats in 9 days. My tummy is distended other than that im fine. Ive been drinking gatorade and lots of water and every 20 minutes i gotta go pee.

9 years ago

I was a very high responder due to pcos, around the 30+ follicles mark as well. They always lost count there were so many. Usually I gained about 10 lbs per stim cycle. It's not fun and I know you must be uncomfortable at this point! By the day or 2 before retrieval all I could fit into were yoga pants. I never developed ohss though thankfully. I just drank drank drank! Going to the bathroom a lot is good, if you suddenly stop going to the bathroom after retrieval you might have developed ohss.

9 years ago

@ mnor : thanks for the response, yes i gained 10 lbs , i went today for my blood works and US, per dr everything looks good. Its just uncomfortable, silly i wore jeans today( i usually wear big long skirt) and in addition with the jeans my bum is sore coz i slipped coz it was icy last monday.
Tomorro will be my big day. Im confuse regarding why we need to eat salty food? ( is in it salt retain water? - husband question)

9 years ago

Salt helps pull fluid from your abdomen and draw it back to your blood system. I thought it sounded counter-intuitive too lol. Obviously you don't want to go crazy with the salt but a little extra helps. The electrolytes in gatorade basically have the same effect.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo