Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 952 Replies | Last Page

For whatever reason my husband said he'd be ok with me peeing on the stick tomorrow.

Do I do it?

10 years ago • Post starter

Sorry to butt in ladies. My husband and I recently found out we will have to do IVF to conceive due to low count. I've been stalking this thread since...lol. We have our first appt. on Dec 12. I just wanted to know how everyone was. I'm pulling for y'all.

User Image

10 years ago

HUGS TO YOU!!! AND WELCOME!!!

My heart goes out to you at the beginning of this absolutely insane journey. I keep rereading this thread and am amazed and pleased at all we have cohesively discussed. I'm glad someone else found it and appreciated it as I do.

Pregnancy test update. 3 separate brands peed upon this morning (8dp6dt) and all three show faint positives. I'm truly a weepy, emotional, overwhelmed mess. Happy, but petrified.

Blood test on Friday.

OMG! 3 positives! My heart just literally skipped a beat hearing this news! There is nothing better than seeing that second line. I hope they keep getting darker and you get a nice beautiful high beta #!

Somedaymom - Welcome and by all means butt in! I love having more ivf ladies to chat with. It is a tough process and I would be so alone without these ladies on here. Not many people know what all goes into it.

As for me, I had my baseline u/s, trial transfer and a ton of bw today. Looks like everything is a go for a retrieval the week of dec 16th. I start stimming this Saturday! Hoping 3rd time is the charm!

10 years ago

Mrs.: SQUEEL!!!!! Thats fantastic. Is this your first round? Any chance of multiples? I'm so excited for you. Also excited to hear that this crazy brand of voodoo medicine actually works. Lol. I hope that second line gets so strong that it jumps off the test strip and does the samba on your bathroom counter.

Mnor: Best of luck to you. I really hope it goes well for you this time around. Please do keep us updated.

As for me: I did some research on the hospital I will be using. They are showing a 56.3% live birth rate and a 33.5% rate of multiples. I would be overjoyed with one baby but I'm secretly wishing for twins. I've wanted twins for some time but it was never a possibility until now. Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise?

Any words on what to expect at my first appointment?

User Image

10 years ago

Hi all,

Two more positives (one last night and one this morning) and they are getting darker. They put in two girls, so I am hoping for twins!!! Blood test on Friday (in three days). I wonder if the beta number would be able to indicate a greater likelihood of twins? We shall see and I will be asking my doctor....

MNOR: I'm so happy things went so well for you! Retrieval on the 16th? I'll be counting down the days with you and be sending all kinds of good thoughts. Do you have a toy or something that would be the baby's? The reason I ask is that I had a coworker give me a toy that I was to take on both the retrieval day and during the transfer. It just sat on my belly the whole time during both processes as a reminder of my support system and as a good luck token. I've also heard that having an acupuncturist come in immediately after the transfer and do their thing increases the success rate by something like 40%. Look into it?

SOMEDAY: With every appointment I had I felt more and more comforted. They always knew what to say and they always gave me hope and reassurance. But you will also be in the stirrups CONSTANTLY!!!! While it sucks to have your privacy invaded, it always brought me a feeling of comfort to be hurdling yet another milestone. Waiting is the worst, action is the best. So as far as I was concerned, BRING ON THE STIRRUPS!!! Oh, and blood work. For as long as I can remember all phlebotomists have been using the same spot on my right arm for all blood work needs. During my retrieval they couldn't get it in there as it had been used so many times as of late it was just spent. They had to go just below my wrist instead. Be prepared to be stuck a lot!!!

I'm sending huge hugs to you both!!!!!

One question for MNOR...what's a trial transfer?

Someday - First appt for me was just a bunch of paper work, collecting both my history and dh's history and some bw. Both of us were also scheduled for a bunch more tests: full bw, hsg, sa again for dh and to freeze back up swimmers, blood type if you don't know, hiv and std testing, and some others that were optional having to do with genetics. Definitely get ready for lots of u/s appts and bw. And lots of waiting...it's a giant waiting game!

Mrs. Fridley - I am so excited to be so close but somehow it still feels far away. I carry a native american fertility stone with me at appts. Who knows? Can't hurt right? Lol.

I have thought about acupuncture but right now i might have to spend all my flex acct money on meds. Got a surprise today that my ins suddenly isn't going to cover my ivf meds when they did the last 2 rounds of ivf. Probably just got my doctors office in trouble for filling out the forms wrong...whoopsie! I have a friend that goes to the same clinic that is currently expecting triplets after ivf and has leftover follistim. I normally use gonal f but they are pretty much the same so I am going to call the doctors office tomorrow and see if I can use that. Would save me quite a bit of money!

Apparently high initial beta numbers can be a signal for twins. But not always. I am secretly hoping for twins as well. Two for the price of 1 right? And I don't want to have to go through this whole 6 year process when/if I want a 2nd child. Well probably not 6 years again but still...it's been so emotionally and physically draining that going through all of this for 1 baby might be all I can handle.

And finally... A trial transfer is when they guide a catheter via u/s into the uterus to measure how far in to place the embryos.

10 years ago

If I can trouble you with another question, my period is due to start a day before my appointment. Is that going to have any effect on my timeline?

User Image

10 years ago

It doesn't really matter when your period is during ivf. I have about 30-36 day cycles and my last two during ivf were 21 and 18 days long lol. Before my last round of ivf in July I had like a 40 day cycle. It all depends on scheduling... They will prescribe meds to either hold off or start your period depending on the schedule and when they want to do the retrieval. Usually the first thing they do is put you on bcp to suppress your system and will keep you on those anywhere from 2-5 weeks depending on when they want to start stimming you for retrieval.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo