Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

641 - 650 of 952 Replies | Last Page

grace -- I don't plan to test at this point. Beta is scheduled for 8/26.

9 years ago

Well I didn't get knocked up on accident between ivf rounds. Not a big surprise.

Talked to my re today and she offered to possibly try going through the work up for an fet but instead of transferring embryos do a biopsy to get a full picture of what my uterus is really doing at that specific time. Thing is she said everything has looked great on all my hsg, ssh, post-hysterscopy u/s and all u/s leading up to retrieval and transfer before and the likelihood of finding something is small and it costs $800. So I said no to that because we have blown through all my and dh's flex money and are running on empty and I don't want to delay the real transfer til probably dec or jan.

So the plan is to put me on all the meds for the "likely culprits" and see if it works. So I will be starting bcp as soon as AF starts ( might need a jumpstart with provera) and then lupron and IM estradiol. Then we will be tripling my progesterone to IM pio daily plus 2 crinone. Adding steroids through the beta and possibly beyond for possible autoimmune issues. I took steroids before the last transfer but stopped them and that was the best first beta I have had so we are upping the dose and continuing them. And then I will also be taking baby aspirin and lovenox for possible clotting issues up to and possibly through the 1st trimester if it works. So hopefully one or all of these changes will be the answer!

Jen - Welcome and please chime in whenever and let us know how your ivf cycle is going. Just a word of caution...I was also given a very high chance of success and I was devastated when it didn't work. They seemed so sure that it was going to be easy. I kind of wish they hadn't made me feel so sure it would work because it hurt way more. So try to stay cautiously optimistic. Not that it won't hurt if it doesn't work. I hope with all of my heart that it will work on the first try for you and I will be sending you lots of positive thoughts!

Gracealone - Yay! It's a girl! So happy to hear that all is going well still. Any name ideas now that you know the gender?

Ssurra - Wishing you a bfp soon! Think sticky thoughts, like marshmallows and christmas tree sap! Lol!

9 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! I am happy to be able to go through this journey with a support group like this one!

Mnor, I remember when we started Femara and the RE told DH and I that we wouldnt even have to do IVF, that he would get us pregnant without it.... well that clearly didnt work. So, I know what you mean that it is nice for them to be optimistic, but I prefer someone to be a straight shooter as well. I think that he feels so optimistic though because of my age, and no infertility diagnosis. I will remain cautiously optimistic! I think the RE's plan sounds perfect for your next cycle. I hope doing the steroids through the beta will help you to maintain your pregnancy!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!

So, as for me, today I am stim day 5. I went this morning at 7:00 a.m. for BW and scan. The nurse will call after lunch time to give me an update on the results. I ask the u/s tech to turn the screen towards me as she scanned my ovaries and uterus so I could see with her. I am an RN and feel that I have to watch and see what's going on (just a little control freak) :). Anyways, she went over it with me while she did it. She told me to expect to not to see much since it is so early in the stim process. But I told her I was feeling twinges already. Well, I was right. I had 9 follicles on the right measuring 7-9 mm, and I had four on the left measuring 12mm, with four 11mm and lower. I was so thrilled to hear that I was responding. When the nurse calls I will get new Follistim and Menopur dosing and will know if I need to start Ganirelex or not. I am assuming I wll start it so that those follicles on the left don't release. So I will give you guys an update later tonight after the nurse calls me!!

9 years ago

Mnor - that sounds like a great plan! I'm so glad they are coming up with some different ideas to tackle this... I hope that makes you feel a little more hopeful. I'm actually still taking my baby aspirin! I'll stop it next week. I like your idea of transferring one strong embryo too, maybe your body will respond better that way?! I hope this time is the charm!!

Jen - welcome to the crazy road that is IVF! It sounds like you are moving right along according to your scan! One side is definitely ahead of the other, but not by much and you have plenty! I was actually given a high success rate as well... with the Clomind, then the IUI's etc. The only thing holding me back with low AMH. They knew if they could get a good egg, the success rate would be good, but the tricky part was actually getting some eggs out of me! My first RE always let me watch the ultrasounds, which I loved. I could see everything they were measuring. For some reason with my current one they would not even let the u/s tech tell me what she was seeing. She had to print it out and have the Nurse or doctor report.

Gracealone - congrats on the little girl!! So exciting!!

Ssurra - keep us posted on any symptoms and how you are feeling! Did you find out if there were any to freeze? Hard to believe that many could have arrested before your freeze!

9 years ago

thewaitinggame: I'm so nervous. This is the first time I've felt like this. It just *has* to work. :(

I had a dream last night that I had cramping and some spotting and told my husband, and he made a face and was like, "great, it failed again." But I told him, "No! This is good it is implantation!"

I haven't thought I've had implantation bleeding/cramps since I was just going along on my own, overanalyzing every symptom. Now I don't pay too much attention b/c there's lot happening down there, ovaries going back down to normal size, etc.

I really *hope* I feel some implantation effects. That's what I'm crossing my fingers for.

But no -- no symptoms yet (it would be early anyway).

I'm going on a mini vacation with my sis for a few days, so that'll help pass time. I had bloodwork this a.m. but it's just for estrogen and progesterone levels, which my doc thinks is silly b/c you're already on those things, you can't change anything more at this point anyway -- but the practice requires it.

One week til beta then.

What can I do? Any good old wives tales to make this stick? Besides pineapple core - haha.

9 years ago

So the nurse called and the four that are greater than 12mm on the left have not "broken away" yet, but we are still going to start the Ganirelex tonight! I will continue Follistim 225, Menopur 1 vial (75u), and Ganirelex (which is a prefilled syringe, I do not know the dose off hand). My estrogen was 600 which she said is perfect. Does anyone know what the range is that they want it at right now at day 5 of stims? So next scan and blood draw is Thursday!

Thanks for the welcome thewaitinggame!! Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Ssura- I am anxious for your beta results!!!! So exciting!!

Awhittaker- any positive OPKs yet?

9 years ago

Jen - I never had day 5 bw and u/s but I had day 4 and 6 each time. Here is the breakdown :

July '13- Day 4: e2 = 475 and dominant follie was 9mm
Day 6: e2 = 888, dominant was 15mm

Retrieved 13 eggs, 11 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 2, 4 to freeze

Dec '13- Day 4: e2 = 182, dominant was 10mm
Day 6: e2 = 832, dominant was 12mm

Retrieved 24, 19 mature, 18 fertilized, transferred 2, 6 to freeze

June '14- Day 4: e2 = 660, dominant was 10mm
Day 6: e2 = 1680, dominant was 14mm

Retrieved 25, 23 mature, 21 fertilized, transferred 3, 9 to freeze

Hope that helps!

9 years ago

Welcome Jen! Yes had positive opk on day 13. We almost missed it. Now I'm 3 dpo and I swear cd 14 I had some of the most intense ovulation cramps. Not painful but just felt them. However my bbt temp hasn't shot up.... Hopefully we caught get window and now I just get to wait. I've learned not to get my hopes up too much. I just learned via Facebook that one of my best friends from hs is 6 months pregnant. I just talked to her about ivf may and she' didn't tell me she was pregnant. I'm sad that she feels like she couldn't share. Yes I'm jealous and sad for myself. But I'm also happy for her . I wouldn't wish this journey onto anyone. I've never been negative about pregnancies around her so I have no idea why she his it from me. Finding out on Facebook is by far the worst. :(. I'm sure you've all had these experiences at some point.

9 years ago

Awhitakker --- totally hear you on the FB/in-person thing. When one of my best friends got pregnant (at 40! she's an inspiration!), she didn't hesitate to tell me, and I so appreciated that. I was wholly happy for her.

But yes, FB is THE WORST. Ugh.

I solemnly vow to never put a pee stick or 3-D image (or probably any u/s) photo on social media.

9 years ago

As much as I hate seeing that stuff on facebook I will probably still plaster facebook with my photos just because I have waited so long for it to be my turn.

I just got really sad over my 2 best friends posting photos of their mommy club only get together on Monday. They got together with some other mommies and their babies and had a little play date and obviously I was not invited. They knew i was home on vacation this week and free to hang out. I knew that was going to happen as soon as they both had their babies, I would totally get left out. If they want to have their mommies only days fine...I just wish they had enough sense to realize how much it would hurt me and not post pictures of it.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo