Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

621 - 630 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Waitinggame - so glad your us went well! I can't even imagine what that would feel like to see a baby on the us since I have never made it past 6 weeks. It doesn't even seem like that will ever happen or is even possible. Does it still feel surreal for you?

I went to visit my best friend and her baby who is only 5 days old and she was just so precious. I actually did much better than I thought. I thought for sure I was going to burst into tears if I went over there but it actually got me super excited to try again. I feel like I can't give up on that dream of holding my own baby.

Dh and I got a little drinky mcdrunky last week and finally had some great sex (3 times) for the first time in over a month. It felt fantastic to just have fun sex again. I am actually wondering if I might be pregnant again. I've been feeling weird and I just looked it up on my calendar on here and we got busy on cd15 and 16 right when we should. Maybe? I have no idea what a normal cycle for me would be anymore after 2 full years of fertility drug induced cycles. I have been feeling some sharp little stabs and pinches like I did around implantation time with all my pregnancies. It could just be wishful thinking or I'm nuts. So please send some positive thoughts my way that I'm not nuts and I got accidentally knocked up!

9 years ago

My cycle update: All going well, estrogen over 3,000, plenty of follicles. Looking like trigger Sun-Mon, retrieval Tues-Wed.

Guess once again I need to look out for OHSS symptoms.

9 years ago

Update: Estrogen today was 8,405! Holy.

Retrieval Tuesday.

9 years ago

Ssura- holy smokes! Hope that all goes well on Tuesday and you get lots of mature eggs that fertilize.

Mnor- glad you and the hubby Are getting the chance to relax and reconnect we all know that's a struggle when undergoing treatments.

Asm, we will be waiting for my next period and then starting bcp to do another fresh cycle on the max protocol. Not looking forward to all the shots again. But am hopeful that this one will work. In the meantime we've also been enjoying having a good time and having some cocktails like we used to.

Hope you all are having a good weekend. Hopefully we hear from mrs fridley soon :)

9 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm so glad to hear things are going well.

Thursday I went in for my noon dr appt and when my doc checked my cervix she triggered the breaking of my water. We went straight to the hospital and had a relatively uneventful labor through the night thanks to a serious epidural. Friday at 4 am I started pushing and that's when everything changed. She was posterior facing (incorrectly sunny side up) and to get her out I had some intense pushing. I ended up with second degree tears and hemorrhoids. But that is nothing compared to what happened next. She came out with a severely deformed head due to her incorrect positioning, and was white as a ghost. My husband was convinced she was stillborn until she finally made a sound. Sagan Grace Fridley was born at 7:11 am on Friday, August 8.

They put her on my chest for a glorious moment or two and I started to cry with the overload of emotions. Then my hubby and I noticed the activity in the room picking up. I had begun to hemorrhage. They soon took the baby from my chest and sent both her and my husband up to the nursery as they worked at stopping the internal bleeding. They used over 30 sponges and finally got it under control with shots, meds, and an internal uterine balloon that they filled with 300cc of saline to press the walls out and assist with the stopping of the bleeding. I had been infused with who knows how many different bags of stuff, but it all happened so quickly that all the bags were chilled and dropped my internal body temperature. I was naked on the table, people everywhere scrambling and shouting, and I was shaking being colder than I've ever been before. I was petrified. Oh, and there was blood. Everywhere. My husband didn't see the whole episode but he was convinced I was about to die. I luckily did not.

Eventually the bleeding subsided and they put some 'bear hug' contraption on me with warm blankets to get me back to feeling somewhat human. I lost almost 2 units of blood and they were seriously considering a blood transfusion. Somehow my hemoglobin counts stayed in range where I had a say in the matter. I never got a transfusion, but I know I would feel so much better right now if I did. I just don't want to jeopardize my long term health to feel better in the present. You just never know, right???

Our daughter is a gorgeous ginger, just like her daddy. She was 8.1 lbs and 21 inches. Her head has returned to a normal roundish shape from the contrary Dan Akroyd SNL Conehead character but up front like a unicorn that she had at birth. So, Friday was complete and scary hell, my body is now recovering, and I now have the absolutely stunning daughter of my dreams. I am so blessed.

We Fridleys three here in Central Ohio are truly blessed. Getting here was truly a miracle.

May you all get the same miracle. Minus the scary drama.

9 years ago • Post starter

WOW!!!!! Mrs. Fridley!!! I am SO glad you're still here with us!!! I'm sure that was one of the scariest moments of your life for multiple reasons. I am so glad you're doing okay and you have a beautiful healthy daughter in your arms. What a miracle and blessing!! It sounds like your medical team really responded quickly and did everything they could. It's so encouraging to know they really do that because sometimes you wonder...

How are you feeling now?? I know you mentioned you that you know you would feel so much better right now if you had had the transfusion. I am so sorry your tore. I have had a couple of friends that have torn really bad and know that is not the most fun healing process.

Keep us posted on how you are doing! Again, SO glad you are okay and you have a BEAUTIFUL & HEALTHY baby girl now!!! :)

9 years ago

Mrs. Fridley - Congrats on your new baby! What a scary and stressful delivery though! I am so glad everything turned out ok in the end and that you had a great medical team that took care of you! Are you and Sagan home now? Wishing you many blissful moments of mommy-hood!

Ssurra - You must be feeling some serious pressure by now. That estrogen is scary high! Definitely watch out for OHSS! Did they coast your meds when it got over 3000? I over-stimmed on my last 2 retrievals and had estrogen levels in the 2000-3000 range but never anywhere near 8,000. I was able to avoid OHSS by slamming gatorades and eating a ton of protein leading up to and after retrieval. Good luck at retrieval tomorrow!

Awhittaker - I will also being waiting for the next AF (still hoping it doesn't show though) and starting our last frozen cycle in the next couple weeks. Hopefully the timing kind of lines up so we can go through it together!

9 years ago

WOW! Mrs. Fridley, I just can't believe all that! I'm in shock reading it but all in all I'm just glad that you and your baby are okay!!! Have they kept you in the hospital for a few extra days. My god, how scary. It's stuff like that that just makes me want to go straight for a c-section! I hope you get to feeling better soon and can really start to enjoy this time with Sagan. Congratulations again!!!

Mnor - so glad to hear it sounds like you are getting back to yourself! Wouldn't it be absolutely wonderful to get pregnant on your own?! You just never know. Maybe that drunk sex did it!!!!

Speaking of holding babies... I'm surprised I've never mentioned on here that I'm actually a newborn photographer. I started almost 6 years ago and had always dreamed of being able to photograph my own... as the years went by, the sessions got harder and harder. There were a few time spans I had to turn newborns away because I just couldn't do it anymore. My first session since I've been pregnant was actually my niece and nephew... I took in every second of it knowing it would soon be me. It was pretty amazing. A lot of my clients are aware of my struggles so they will be so happy when they find out I'm finally pregnant! If y'all ever want to see I'll private message you a link, just let me know :)

Oh and mnor - yes, it still seems surreal!! This last u/s was really the first time I've let myself fully believe I'm pregnant. It's just hard to fathom there is a little baby moving inside me right now. Sure doesn't feel like it!!!

Ssurra - thinking of your upcoming retrieval!!! I'm sure things will go smoothly tomorrow!!!

9 years ago

SSURRA: how did it go?

MNOR: did you take a test?

Everyone else: how are you?

9 years ago • Post starter

All went well for my retrieval. 21 eggs, 17 mature, 13 fertilized. Pretty good shot at a day 5 transfer at this point.

Came out of recovery talking about melons for some reason. That's always a hoot.

Feeling pretty bloated today, but hope that will calm down soon.

Everyone else?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo