Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

581 - 590 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Mnor- sending you good thoughts and hope that all goes well today.

It seems that this whole process is a giant roller coaster ride. I just got back from my us and only have about 5 follicles with one leader at 16. On Wednesday we have to decide as to whether we want to move forward or convert to iui if the other follicles don't catch up. The clomid also made my lining really thin and I'm only at 4 today. Just feeling crappy and disappointed as I was ready to go full force for this cycle and move forward with the retrieval. We'll see on wed but I'm pretty bummed. Wish I had better news :(

9 years ago

Mnor - definitely thinking of you today!! I know that must be scary... hopefully, it's nothing to worry about and they will call you back with another nice strong beta this afternoon!

Awhittaker - how many days have you been on stims now?? Remember, I only had 5 follicles this past cycle as well (which resulted in 3 eggs). I think you really have to weigh it out based on the amount of meds you are on. If they already have you on close to the max amount of stims, I say go for it!! Although, the lining plays a big factor too. This new clinic I've done the past two cycles doesn't believe in doing the clomid (or the other similar medication) in conjunction with the stim meds).

As for me........ we saw ONE beautiful, healthy, heartbeat this morning!!! It was amazing. We were pretty shocked there wasn't two, as were the nurse and my doctor. With they high beta's they were really expecting that, but it's possible I did have two a week or so ago and one has been absorbed. Everything was measuring right on track (6 weeks, 3 days) and the heartbeat was a strong 109 beats a minute. We are so, so excited!! After it all settled in, my husbands first question was if we could start having sex!! He was pretty excited that answer was yes too, although I'm kind of nervous! Another u/s in 10 days :)

9 years ago

Thanks waitingame and congrats on the beautiful heartbeat :)

I'm on a different protocol than last time. I was on max stims at 600/day for 13 days and had 8 follicles for 5 mature eggs. This time they thought they would do a minimal stimulation protocol to see how things went and they're going worse than I saw with my iuis last year. We' ll see what they say after my blood results today and if we have to convert we will. Just frustrating when you've got your mind mentally prepped for this stuff and a curveball cones along :(

9 years ago

Another early miscarriage. Between the red spotting, loss of symptoms and that my hcg only went from 237 to 260 I am 100% sure. It should be well over 1,000. They want me to continue progesterone and check again in 2 days but I don't see the point. To say I am devastated is beyond an understatement. I just don't understand why this keeps happening to me.

9 years ago

Mnor I am so sorry :( I wish you had answers too. My thoughts are with you today and hoping for a miracle.

9 years ago

Mnor - I SO sorry. It just almost makes me angry. Why is the world does this keep happening!? It doesn't make sense. I can't imagine the disappointment you are feeling right now. I like that your doctor is being optimistic, but I can understand your frustration with the whole thing. I hope you are spending some time at home with your husband today.

With all the frozen eggs you still have left, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully you can get some PGD testing on those.

Just heartbroken for you. I hope things get better. Keep your head up!

9 years ago

I'm speechless and devastated for you. Words cannot convey my thoughts.

I'm so sorry. On every level.

9 years ago • Post starter

Mnor, I am so so sorry. I can't begin to understand what you are feeling. But I know you are heartbroken, as would any of us be. I wish I had some words of comfort. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

9 years ago

Hi ladies. Well I had my us and I'm in limbo. My lining is only at 5mm and I have a total of 8 follicles but only 2 in range (22, 16, 14, 10, 10, 9, 8, 7). We're waiting on my estrogen And progesterone numbers to see if we can stim for one more day or whether we trigger and do ivf retrieval Friday or just convert to iui. I wish this was a bit more cut and dry and one would be more of the obvious choice. :(

Mnor- I'm thinking about you today.

9 years ago

Update on me. I was able to stim one more day on wed night. We did us on thur morning and have 3 follicles in range for retrieval tomorrow. My lining is still 5 so we will just do Cryo for the embryos. Sad that there won't be a transfer this time and feeling a bit more anxious about the retrieval because of it. Please send us your positive thoughts for tomorrow so that we get all mature eggs and they fertilize beautifully. Hope everyone is doing ok!

Mrs fridley - hoping that your silence means you have your beautiful baby girl in your arms :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo