Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 952 Replies | Last Page

You don't always see all the follicles on u/s because ovaries are 3 dimensional and the u/s is 2 dimensional ( usually). It's kind of like looking at the moon, you don't see what's on the dark side lol. The u/s tech or nurse can try to maneuver the wand to see most of it but you can't see everything.

10 years ago

That makes sense!

I just had my second beta test yesterday; still waiting for results.

I had to call the pharmacy to get refills on my Delestrogen and Crinone, and this thread here helped me very much in that process. My insurance company allotted me a $5000 bucket for the 'diagnosis and treatment of infertility' plus a $5000 bucket for infertility drugs. Long story short I apparently maxed out my drug bucket back in October, and so now all medications with an 'infertility' code are completely out of pocket. My Crinone was going to be $400 for 22 suppositories. I was outraged! Luckily from your words, MNOR, I knew to ask about the progesterone in oil. My drug refill bill went from an original cost of about $450 down to $80. WOOT!!! Only downside is a daily injection. But I'll suck it up for that money!

Thank you!!!

SOMEDAY: isn't your appt soon? Doing ok?

HUGS!

10 years ago • Post starter

Crinone is ridiculous! Once you are officially deemed pregnant insurance should cover it again though. Just my copay for 4 boxes of crinone was $120. Haven't had to pay out of pocket for that one yet. My hcg trigger shot was all I had to pay out of pocket for this round luckily cuz I had lots of leftover meds and got some from a friend. The trigger was $110! For 1 damn shot. I am not looking forward to the pio shots starting next week. You will have a sore ass 24/7 but definitely worth the savings. It's uncomfortable to sit on anything harder than a pillow, stand for long periods and sleeping was the toughest. I am a side sleeper but about a week in to the pio shots I was too sore to sleep on my sides. I kept alternating between stomach and back trying to get comfy but rolling hurt too. Still prefer the shots over crinone or regular suppositories. They are so messy and gross and I feel so bad for my dh when I am on those cuz my vajayjay is off limits lol.

10 years ago

I totally agree about the mess and disgust! We have not yet been given the green light to get back to being a 'married couple' but I was worried about how I was going to deal with that! It just makes your honeypot look like it's shedding gross white crap!!! HORRIBLE! But it is painless and easy to administer.

Good to see that y'all are doing well. Well the big appointment is today. I am nervous and excited! Hopefully this is the beginning of a successful journey and it gets started right away. Take care all.

User Image

10 years ago

My second HCG is 1383 (this is increased from 210 over the span of 4 days.)

I think there might actually be a baby in there.

Oh, and my ass HURTS from the progesterone. UGH.

I think there is definitely a baby in there! Any symptoms yet? Even with low hcg before my miscarriage there were some early symptoms that I didn't normally get from the progesterone. The tip offs were fatigue, an extreme urge to eat right away and knowing exactely what I wanted, itchy nips lol and major heartburn. I actually had to google what heartburn was because I had never had it before. I had other symptoms but I could mostly write them off as being caused by the progesterone.

Someday mom - I hope your appt went well today! It always feels great to feel like you are moving towards your goal of having a baby. Let us know how it went :-)

I had another u/s today. Mostly in the 9-12mm range but lots of them, like too many to count. I would guess 15-20 on each side. Estradiol is rising nicely at 832 but not super high. Doesn't look like I will be ready for ER until tues or later unless they take off. I have had follies jump 3mm a day before though once my estradiol levels hit the 1400- 2000 mark so we will see. Next ultrasound is Sat and I hope to see some nice dominant follicles and lose all the small ones.

10 years ago

Ok so I had my first RE appointment today and here is the scoop. We will start with the troubling news. My clinic charges a flat rate for IVF even with ICSI...$9000. Thats ultrasounds, cryopreservation, the whole kit and caboodle except for meds. BTW anyone got a bead on cheap meds? The bad part is no payments plans. So we are going to have to put it on our "emergency" credit card, get a loan, so just bust our asses and save up until we have it. We are discussing one of the first two options.

The good news is that from my ultrasound and history the doctor things we are "excellent" candidates for IVF. He is very confident of success and would like to get started in February. Which means we have some time to mull over the finances of things. He went over a sample timeline with me and current stats for the clinic. Everything looks good and I'm so happy with my doctor. He is very personable, takes time, and addresses issues completely. So I'm feeling much better about it all now.

I'm glad to see that y'all are progressing well. Take care.

User Image

10 years ago

The sticker shock is the worst! Once you get going though you will forget how much money you spent lol. We were considered great candidates as well for IVF so we went through a bunch of qualifying tests and got into the clinics IVF refund program. If your clinic has one you should look into it. Also they might have multiple cycle discounts. The refund program was $15,000 up front (includes all ultrasounds, consults, retrievals, transfers, icsi, assisted hatching and cryo) but we get 3 fresh retrieval cycles and 3 frozen cycles. We pay out of pocket for meds and about $1600 for anesthesia. If it doesn't work after those 6 attempts we get 75% of our payment back which is $11,250. Each fresh cycle separately was around $8,000 with icsi and each frozen cycle was $2250. So now that we are on our 3rd attempt we have gotten more than our moneys worth. I wasn't comfortable shelling out that kind of money without some kind of guarantee. The only bad part was that if it worked on the 1st or 2nd try we wouldn't have gotten a refund and would've paid more than if we had paid for each cycle separately.

As far as deals on meds...there aren't many. If your insurance covers IUI you can do an IUI before and order a full supply of meds, which are the same they use for IVF, and then you will have some leftover. I also found a friend who got pregnant after IVF and had leftover meds that she gave me. It kind of felt like a black market deal but whatever haha.

10 years ago

If you don't mind me asking...what was the reason that your first two attempts were not successful? Or do you know?

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo