Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

841 - 850 of 952 Replies | Last Page

I would definitely wait and see how many eggs you get. If you don't have many they might not survive the testing process because they remove cells and sometimes the embryos will just stop growing after that. They may not survive the freeze or the thaw process either. There are just too many opportunities to lose them all. Also, does your clinic/lab have the equipment to do the genetic testing themselves or do they send the cells out for testing? If they send it out they have to freeze them because the results can take days or weeks. If they do the testing on site they are sometimes able to give you immediate results and transfer the still fresh embryos without going through the freeze process which is preferred.

9 years ago

@mnor0406 -- that makes so much sense. I guess I didn't even realize the possibilities of things that could go wrong during the process. Our clinic does not test them in house, and they have to be frozen and sent out. They said sometimes it can take up to a MONTH! So we would have to do the retrieval, have them frozen and wait a while even be able to do a transfer.

Thanks so much for the support ladies. I thought i was losing my mind, but you have given me a lot of good points!

9 years ago

hi ladies! My meds have been ordered! It's getting real! I just picked up my birth control last night too. Haven't seen those in quite a while! I started acupuncture and really love it! I am just so excited and pray we get pregnant!

9 years ago

Awesome! It's always so exciting to start a new cycle! Hoping that you will be pregnant in no time!

9 years ago

What did you ladies give up before and during your IVF cycle that you feel maybe made a difference? I am pretty much cutting back all alcohol, and if i drink, have one or two glasses wine, but for not once i start BCP and stims. I am contemplating coffee. I make one per day (in a 16oz to go cup). It's an americano as i know espresso has less caffeine than drip coffee. But i can give it us as I am willing to do anything for a successful IVF! I would love your input ladies!

9 years ago

I never gave up anything really. I am allergic to caffeine so no coffee...but I did drink right up til the night before transfer. In my opinion it doesn't really make a difference. I was super strict on my first few IVF's, didn't drink, on bed rest after transfer, didn't lift anything heavier than a half gallon of milk, didn't eat anything cold, kept socks on my feet, ate pineapple etc. I tried all the "myths" that were supposed to help on cycles that didn't work and on the cycle that worked I was just like whatever if it works it works. The only thing I did do on the cycle that worked that I didn't do any other cycle was I started yoga like 2 months before twice a week. I think it helped reduce my anxiety.

9 years ago

@mnor0406 - Ok good to know. I will probably try and cut back as much as possible for coffee. I will also watch my alcohol intake, but will also let myself have it in moderation. I read that about socks and pineapple. I guess neither of those can hurt though too. I have been good about socks as usually i never wear them! My husband is constantly asking me if i have my fluffy socks on now ha. I am glad to hear that out yoga. I am not doing yoga, but am doing acupuncture twice a week. Hopefully that will make a difference for me :) I just keep thinking....how can this NOT work?! But i know there is a good chance it may not.

9 years ago

My story is somewhat similar to mnor's. During my IUI's and my first cycle I had cut back on a lot, but not completely stopped. I was also taking DHEA (which I think all that did was make me break out!) and took it somewhat easy after transfer, ate pineapple core etc etc.

With the successful IVF, I continued exercising throughout (just tried to eliminate high impact after transfer). I think that helped with blood flow. I had cut back to only tea instead of coffee (learned to really like Chai Tea) but I did continue to drink alcohol, just in moderation. I also kept my feet warm, like you mentioned, by the recommendation of my acupuncturist. I had also tried a variety of different supplements, but I think I was only on CoQ10 the month the IVF worked.

9 years ago

@thewaitinggame- Thank you for your comment! I have started on CoQ10, Vitamin D and DHA supplements (are those the same as DHEA?). I just got back from my third acupuncture also, and will be doing that twice a week until IVF. I walk about two miles a day, just easy walks. I will try and keep those up. I am just trying on staying really positive. Acupuncture has helped that. I find that i can totally relax on the table and try to visualize being pregnant. It has been going great so far!

9 years ago

DHEA is different. It works wonders for some people!! You can buy it at a regular nutrition store, or if you're lucky, possibly just the grocery store. Most people are told to take 3 a day. It made me breakout terribly though. DHEA came at the recommendation of my first IVF clinic.

I loved the acupuncture too. I went once or twice a week as well and I really think it helped! I continued it through the first trimester as well. I'm actually about to go back to her b/c my little boy is still breech and supposedly some treatments can help flip him around!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo