Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

861 - 870 of 952 Replies | Last Page

I am so glad i read this about salt! I was totally wondering the same thing!!! So good to know!

9 years ago

@mnor: im home from retrival, 30 eggs. I stayed a little longer in the clinic i was so much in pain ( lower belly), drank gatorade when i woke up and its come back to me, i got very sick, i throw up. Now im home but im still in paiin in my lowe belly and low back. I been drinking gatorade, water and soup.

9 years ago

@Mayer51313-Wow 30 eggs!!! Thats amazing!!!! Are you doing ICSI or just regular? Can't wait to see how many fertilize. Sorry you are so sick! Hope you feel better. Rest up! Hopefully you dont have OHSS...did they rule that out?

9 years ago

@mnor: doing ICSI. How did u survive the after retrieval? . I wasnt expecting this. No, OHSS is not rule out yet, i dont have any other symptom but pain in my lower belly when i stand up and im bloated.
I was so uncomfortable while i was waiting for my retrieval, nurse said no wonder because i have 30 eggs and my size doesnt help im 4'10 and wiegh 110 ( gained the 10 in 3 weeks since i started stim) and i guess have small hip.
Again , thank you

Yehey: 20 gone Icsi and growing normally. Still bloated, no pain, was costipated but drank prune juice.

9 years ago

Glad to hear you got so many eggs but sad that you are in pain! I tried logging in yesterday and the site just was not working for some reason when i tried. On my last round when I had 24 eggs retrieved I was hurting for awhile. They told me to take regular tylenol or ibuprofen but I asked for a prescription for oxycodone. I picked that up the day of retrieval. I took that for probably 2-3 days but did have to take stool softeners too because the narcotics plus anesthesia stopped me up good too. If you feel like you need the good drugs don't hesitate to ask, although at this point you might be over the worst of it. I just kept drinking and munching protein bars and stayed laying down as much as possible. My hubby was so nice to wait on me hand and foot, getting me drinks and making all my meals.

9 years ago

Oh and hot packs! Lots of hot packs are helpful! If you have or can get someone to go out and buy you a microwaveable one they are the best.

9 years ago

Well i had my baseline ultrasound this morning and doctor says everything looks great for IVF this cycle. I started my BCP and just can't wait for this journey to begin!

@Mayer51313 - how are you feeling lady??

9 years ago

@LSchrader : good luck on your cycle.
I am better now, in 3 days fully recovered. As mnor said just lots of water, increase salt intake and heating pad. My period started last night , so blood works friday and BPC too. I will know tomorrow the results of the chromosomal test of the eggs, and how many of the 20 eggs grows normally. Then, i will have another sonogram to confirm if the mass he saw is a polyp, he sounded sure that it is polyps then will have a polyp removal. Then, FET.

9 years ago

Mayer51313 glad you are all feeling better now! I didn't realize that you would start your period after your retrieval. I assume since we are doing a fresh transfer, mine will be a little different.

We went back and forth with doing genetic testing but dont think we will get enough eggs to make it worth it. Good luck to you guys!!!

9 years ago

@LSchrader : originally we are doung fresh transfer but due to my reaction to the meds and my estrogen level was high plus possible polyps, dr decided frozen transfer.
So, i have updates on the 20 eggs, 4 are on blastocytes stage and frozen and still waiting for the chromosomal results. Kinda disappointed! But at lease that there are 4 that hangging in there for me. Hoping and praying that everything will be ok! Thy will be done! Amen

Hope everything good in your end

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo