Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 952 Replies | Last Page

I'm so happy for you!!!!! I know it's such a huge relief to be doing SOMETHING rather than NOTHING. And your two week work break couldn't come at a better time!!!! I'm rooting for you and yours!!!!

I haven't called or asked about how the remaining eggs are doing as I don't want to hear any news of any of them not making it. It's better I stay calm and not stressed, so I'm just keeping busy. The PGD testing results won't be communicated to my doctor until Monday morning, so I won't be informed until I arrive for my transfer. The doctor explained that she would find out about their results, have it all organized and ready to talk about, and we would make our decisions come Monday morning. She is allowing me to use 'FaceTime' to include my husband in the discussion and also to let him watch the embryo transfer on the Ultrasound screen as he's already back in Ohio. Technology is incredible....

I'm taking a weekend to go into the desert with a friend to look at stars. I think it will be very therapeutic and a great distraction. I am so lucky to be having the experience that I am. I'm surrounded by people who are just giving me the best support. I appreciate every last one of them; yourself included.

HUGE HUGS AND FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE BOTH OF US!!!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Just wanted to say good luck today!!! Baby dust and lots of prayers your way!

10 years ago

Five blasts made it, but three were genetically abnormal and would have resulted in miscarriage.

We transferred two girls. None left to freeze.

I'm crazy with emotions.

Stick little embies stick! I am praying so hard that this works for you! Are you gonna test early or wait til beta day? I never can wait... :-)

I started my lupron this morning and scheduled my baseline u/s and trial transfer for next Monday. I am beyond ready to get going! I have heard having several genetically abnormal embryos in a batch is normal. I am really hoping that I have just not been lucky enough to get a normal out of the 4 I have transferred because I haven't done the pgd testing. There is no evidence or uterine issues that would lead my re to think I would have issues carrying a pregnancy. 3rd time is the charm I hope!

10 years ago

My husband made me promise that I'd wait for the beta test. During our IUI attempt we got a false positive due to the trigger shot. I think my body holds on to the drugs longer than most. To not be devastated again for unneeded reasons, I agreed to wait.

I am so happy for you and your progression of things. You are on the move and it's closer to happening! Any mood swings yet? Hopefully not.

I'm on bed rest for three days; no shower even. While I know it's overkill, I'm still following the doctor's orders. It can't hurt, right?!?!? She said no showers as she doesn't want me standing. Thanksgiving will be my day up!!!

HUGS AND GOOD THOUGHTS!!!

No mood swings yet. A bit of a headache though. We are set to get 10-16 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow so I will probably just be hanging out! Our conference day got cancelled tomorrow already! So happy right now!

3 days of bed rest? Yikes! Our RE doesn't recommend bed rest just to take it a little easy. They actually told me that a bit of movement would help increase blood flow to the uterus and help implanation. After the first transfer dh and I went out to lunch and I was up and around quite a bit. After the second transfer I did couch rest for the first day, just got up for the bathroom or food. Maybe I should give bed rest a try? I have read research on bed rest and seems like no two doctors can agree and it can't be proven whether it works or not. Who knows?

10 years ago

I agree about all the confusion about bed rest. It's frustrating as you just want to do what is right!!! I'm spending my time looking at girl names. What are some of your favorites?

I did hear about the huge storm that's about to hit. I'm sure you'll be thrilled being on your couch versus the classroom! I know the teachers love snow days every bit as much as the kids do!

Hugs and warm thoughts!

Very nice hanging on the couch today but I am bored already! Going to have to start baking or cleaning or something. This is why I like working with kids, they always keep you busy and no day is ever the same. I have 10th grade special ed and I work in a behavior management program so many of our students have been expelled from other schools, come out of group homes, just got out of jail or a pysch center, etc. They are tough but never boring that is for sure!

I have all my names all picked out already! I am a major type a personality with just a wee bit of ocd :-) I even have powerpoint presentations on nursery plans/ ideas for both sexes as well as twins with links to stores where I can buy the items. 6 years of trying leaves lots of time for planning...

So girls names: Julia, Gabriella, Isabella and Aria. My fave has been Gabriella but my cousin just named her son Gabriel. Idk I still might use it anyways. Also worried about there being a ton of Isabellas because of Twilight although I would use Izzy instead of Bella for short.

Boys names (shorter list because I want girls lol): Niko, Taddeo or a J name which I haven't found yet because we want to use Robert as a middle name and I love J.R. for short.

Obviously my husband is very italian so we are trying to stick with italian heritage names :-)

Hope your first day of bed rest went smoothly and you have a little bean or two snuggling in!

10 years ago

Your names are just gorgeous.

We had a boy's name totally selected but hadn't yet come to a decision regarding a girl. I'm currently liking Pillar or Cecilia, but he has to agree.

This is my third day of bed rest and I'm OVER IT!!! I feel my body turning into fat from the lack of movement. I'm excited to be able to get up tomorrow and move about the house. I am grumpy, but I have no clue if it's from being stir-crazy or if it's something hormonal from implantation???

I'm not getting my hopes up and I'm doing really good about staying calm, in my opinion. I have a week and two days until the beta test, and we shall see.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Hi there,

I'm back in Ohio and relieved to be reunited with my husband and dog.

I have symptoms, but as we all know anything that could be a pregnancy symptom could also be a period symptom. I'm currently 13dpo and 7dp6dt. I would think I could pee on a stick, but the husband made me promise nothing until the blood test five days from now.

How is your Lupron cycle going? When are your projected dates?

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo