Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

491 - 500 of 952 Replies | Last Page

MNOR: a Pepsi can exploded in my garage refrigerator and it dripped to every shelf. May your blasts have stickiness like that...

Are you going to go for three today or just two?

Ridiculous positive thoughts headed your way!!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

I still think we will be transferring 3. Although my hubby definitely seemed to be having cold feet about it. A couple weeks ago he was like "are you sure you want to do 3?". I could see a little bit of fear in his eyes over the idea of possible triplets. We agreed at the very beginning of all this that 3 was our limit, that we wouldn't reduce a triplet pregnancy unless there was danger to me or the babies. If we ended up with 4+ we would reduce. So I am trying to hold him to that agreement :-). He has been better this week though since he just found out he is getting a pretty hefty raise at work. He had a higher offer from another company that sought him out but I wasn't super comfy about him starting a new job and possibly being first on the lay off list right before transferring 3. I told him to see if his current company would match it and they did! I think he feels much more capable of affording 3 now and haven't heard any doubts lately.

2 hours til transfer!

9 years ago

Mnor wishing you a smooth transfer this morning! May 1 or all 3 be your future babies :) we transferred 3 last cycle and none took and we also had the same mindset that if 3 took then that's our instant family and that is what is meant to be :) but also keeping my health and the health of the future babies a priority. We will do that again if we have the chAnce next cycle.

As far as your dh! Congrats to you both. It's always nice to get promoted/ get raises but when you're doing these treatments, it's nice icing on the cake to get that financial boost.

As for me, I'm still on bcp, baseline us is Monday the 7th. We are leaving tomorrow to volunteer for a week at a summer camp for kids with cancer. It'll be my 15th year as a volunteer and my dh's 5th. It'll be nice to get off the grid as service is limited up there. I hope you ladies all have a fantastic week and happy 4th of July!

9 years ago

Thank you all SO much!!! We are over the moon! Just praying for good betas throughout.

Awhittaker - I transferred 2, so there is a definite possibly for twins!!! That would scare me so much, but I would be super excited! My DH would prefer twins, he really wants it to be two!!

Mnor - I think 3 is a good choice :). I hope you are going through a super smooth transfer as I type this!! Thinking about you today!!

9 years ago

waitinggame - So exciting!! How did your hubby react and how did you tell him?? :)

Mnor - Sticky vibes!!! Let us know how it went!! :)

9 years ago

Transfer of 3 beautiful fully expanded blasts is complete! They tried to sway us to do 2 because they were "excellent" quality and I am "still young". Which kind of made me angry because I had already decided and they made me second guess myself. First of all we have transferred 2 "excellent" quality embryos on all 4 of my prior transfers and do I have a baby to show for it? And I hate when they say I am still young. Yes, I am only 28 but most 28 yr olds haven't been ttcing for 6+ years and had 4 failed transfers. So in the end we went with 3, especially since we didn't do assisted hatching since that is only done with 3dt I found out today. That was a surprise. I was a little leary of transferring 3 with assisted hatching so to find out that wasn't happening was the major deciding factor. No guts no glory!

9 years ago

Wow!!!! This really feels like your time, MNOR! And I personally agree with your decision to do three. If we had had that many, we would have shoved them all in there.

How many frozen do you have?

And STICK BLASTS, STICK!!!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

Whoooo!!! Yes!! So happy for you Mnor!! I am glad you did 3 also. Sounds positive for sure!! Stick embies stick!!! :) At what point are you going to test?

9 years ago

Ah yes the frozen ones. Haha I've been thinking so much about the 3 I put in that I forgot about the rest. We had 8 make it to blast so 3 went in and the other 5 got frozen. So now including the 3 we had left from last round we have 8 total. Not too shabby!

Official beta is July 8th but I will probably start testing way early. I might test tomorrow just to test out the trigger shot if it's still there.

9 years ago

Wow, great news this morning! Got a call from the embryologist and he said 4 more embryos caught up and made it to blast this morning and were able to be frozen. That makes 12 frozen now!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo