Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

891 - 900 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Glad I am not the only one! Today's injection was the easiest so far. It might have been because we mixed it at home and it was sitting in the vials for about an hour before we injected because we were on our way to our appointment. Thats nice you didnt bruise either! I won't have to do the progesterone shots...i will have gel. Not sure what is worse.

So exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear once you decide!

9 years ago

I honestly prefer the intramuscular progesterone injections over the crinone gel suppositories. This round I did both the injections and crinone daily up until 14 weeks! The gel is messy and it builds up and you have to go in and fish out the gunk every couple days. Not great for your sex life...I didn't want my hubby going anywhere down there lol

9 years ago

Hi ladie! Short post from my phone!! I have a question about drinking. I haven't drank during my stims but tonight we are going out with all my cousins. Do you think one glass of red wine is going to make much a difference??

9 years ago

I didn't drink during cycles that didn't work and I did drink during this cycle that worked. In my opinion, I don't think it really matters I just wouldn't drink after transfer. Just the other day my husband brought home an amazing bottle of wine and was trying to peer pressure me into taking a sip lol. He was like one little sip won't hurt you. But I haven't had any since the day before transfer and I love wine soooooo much that I knew I would want more than a sip. I can't wait to have a glass of wine again!

9 years ago

@mnor-Thanks for your input! I ended barely having a glass of red wine. I was told that if you drink, red wine is the best one since it helps with blood flow. It was a nice glass and i enjoyed it very slowly! I should be having my retrieval this Thursday or Friday! My follicles are slowly getting there.

9 years ago

Hello everyone:
4 weeks from today i will have our much awaited FET. Any advice to have a successful transfer that our little guy will stick and will see him next year!
Things to do and not to do. Not to eat and to eat!?
@ minor need your input!
I hd a successful polyp removal yesterday! Everything will go as plan...in 4 weeks

9 years ago

Mayer - Honestly, there's nothing you can really do to help make the embryo(s) stick. It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact that I had no control over that part! On the 6th round I just kind of let all my worries go and ironically that was the one that worked. Bed rest, no bed rest, eat certain foods, don't eat certain foods...it doesn't really matter. If your lining is good and your embryo is normal and strong it will stick. I have found that the best sign is if your embryos have expanded really well and started spontaneously hatching on their own at the time of transfer, those have always been the ones to stick for me whether I miscarried or not. Best advice is just to take it easy, enjoy some time relaxing and think of yourself as pregnant until proven otherwise (PUPO)!

LSchrader - Had retrieval yet? Any updates? Excited to hear!

9 years ago

@mnor-Yes! We had the retrieval yesterday! I am pretty sore but back at work today. Really bloated so of course wearing light fitting clothing. We got 28 eggs!! I was totally shocked. I really was expecting more like 14! Today we will get the call about fertilization and maturity. I am in pins and needles waiting for that information! I know the retrieval was just the beginning so I hope we continue to have great news!!! Even if we got 15 to fertilize i would be so happy.

Now we have to decide on how many to transfer :) I am leaning towards two :)

How are you??

@Mayer51313 - I think mnor is right. I think the more we stress the more it hurts our body. For my first IVF (which is what i am in the middle of right now) i made sure i ate really good food. I had an avocado a day, cut out caffeine (drank decaf), cut out alcohol, but had a half of glass of red wine if we went out with friends. I have read that IF you drink, make it red wine as it increases blood flow. i tried to eat strictly organic foods, but that is really hard to do all the time. I focused on foods that helped blood flow to my uterus and rich foods that had good fats, like almonds, avacado's, lean means, etc. This may be total bologna BUT i read that the avocado diet can increase a success IVF cycle by three times! I love avocados, so it was a great excuse to eat one a day :)

9 years ago

I'm feeling pretty good! That's great that you got 28 eggs! I hope lots of them fertilized!

On my first 5 rounds I tried everything or some combination of everything...the whole healthy eating, was sneaking avocados into my fruit smoothies, the pineapple thing, strict no caffeine or alcohol, bed rest after transfer, keeping my feet warm, only eating warm foods/ room temp water, not lifting anything over 5lbs til beta day, always took the elevator instead of stairs, etc. I even laid down in the backseat of the car all the way home 1 time lol. I did absolutely none of that this time. I went for the transfer, walked out, sat on the couch watching tv for a day and then went on with my life. I did do power yoga twice a week for about a month and a half leading up to it but that was it. It was a great stress reliever. So all in all I think all the tips and tricks for ivf success are hogwash :-)

9 years ago

YOU GUYS! I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Of my 28 eggs, 19 of them were mature! Of the 19, 16 fertilized normally! WE HAVE 16 EMBRYOS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!! I am over the moon!

@mayer- One thing i forgot to add is I have been doing acupuncture since the beginning of February. I so so recommend it. There are SO many benefits to it. I had an increase to my follicle count, and my uterine lining is superb. It is beyond relaxing and if you find someone who specializes in fertility, its way worth it.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo