Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

541 - 550 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Awhittaker- Great to hear you are getting started with this round. I wish you the best of luck and hope it goes smoothly! I had the opposite experience with Clomid - zero side effects at all but I needed 100mg to get a good mature egg. Now the Lupron on the other hand made turn into the Hulk!

Ssurra - Glad to hear everything was fine with the biopsy! I know that it can be super frustrating and confusing. I know that when I had a lot of tests done I didn't want there to be something wrong but I kind of did want there to be something wrong so there was something to fix. Having things be unexplained sucks!

As for me, I haven't told anyone other my hubby yet. I hinted to my boss at work who I am really close with that I think it might have worked but I am still waiting on blood tests that way if I get hit with morning sickness or something they know. I am 6 yrs and 4 months into this battle with infertility and I am really hoping this is finally my light at the end of the tunnel.

I keep getting + frers that are getting darker every day. I've been super busy with the start of summer school so I haven't been uploading pics everyday. I won't be going in for my beta until after work around 3 so I probably won't be getting a phone call until tomorrow morning. I will be leaving my cell on during class tomorrow and if it rings my students will only see a blur of me running out the door to answer it. And if they give me crap about having my phone I am going to tell them to shut it lol. So look for news sometime on Wed :-)

9 years ago

Thanks, Mrs. F. I actually wasn't worried at all. I didn't really think there was anything, but if there was, it would be treatable and hopefully set us on the right path. At this point, I'd just rather know more than anything.

9 years ago

Mrs and Mnor- this is first time on clomid, I'm doing 100mg per day for first 5 days along with 150 of bravelle each night. They add ganirelix sometime this weekend . Both the clomid and ganirelix are new for me do we'll see what side of "hulk" comes out. Hopefully the side effects aren't too bad. I didn't see anything with the micro dose Lipton even when I was on the max cycle. They saw about 3-4 follicles yesterday on each side which would be great for us as a start.

Ssura- do you know what protocol you're going to be on next round?

9 years ago

Awhittaker -- I'll be doing the same protocol as last time, which is the flare or microlupron protocol. Aside from not actually getting pregnant, they felt last time was successful, so we'll see! I admit it was pretty good, and aside from occasional night sweats, I didn't have any side effects, so hopefully that continues.

9 years ago

AWHITTAKER: I'm curious to hear how the Clomid does/does not effect you. The funniest thing I remember was during round 3 of Clomid I was standing in the kitchen and my husband was sitting on the couch. I was just about to take my first pill and he gently said 'bye-bye.' It still makes me laugh. We referred to my condition as me having the 'Clo-crays' as I would become just absolutely psycho. I do hope your experience is more like MNOR's.

Speaking of you, MNOR, we are all waiting to hear that beta!!!!

9 years ago • Post starter

1st beta was an 89. The nurse seemed very happy with that but I wish it was a little higher. It's still higher than my highest beta with my early losses but I was hoping for over 100. I go back tomorrow to see if it is doubling. I guess I have to be anxious for a little while longer...

Mrs. Fridley, waitinggame, gracealone - when did you have your betas done and what was the result?

9 years ago

Hey! That's still great news Mnor!! That means youre officially pregnant!! :) Congratulations, mama!! :) :)

Oh goodness...I had my betas done LATE! I didn't find out that I was pregnant until I was like 18dpo...simply because I wasn't paying attention because I had no reason to think that I would ever get pregnant on my own. I finally noticed I was late and then tested on 18dpo...which was a Friday. I had my first beta done the following Monday at 21dpo...it was 6,713. I had my second one done two days later on Wednesday at 23dpo and it was 13,570.

So they were way up there but I was also way farther along than you are when I had them done. I think 89 is about where you would be expected to be for your dpo!! :)

9 years ago

I think 89 is a great start too!! From what I've been reading, it really just has to do with our bodies and it sounds like they can be all over the board. If it's higher than your highest Beta's (from later in the process before) I think you are probably right on track! I have a good feeling your next one will come back close to 200 :)

My first was at 11dp3dt and it was 212... but, they seem to really have a feeling I have 2 babies in there!

As for me... I've started to get all apprehensive the last couple of days. I feel like all my symptoms have started disappearing! No more cramps, no more backache, I haven't gotten up in the middle of the night to pee in three nights... etc. I'm probably just freaking myself out, but has anyone else experienced that? I'm 6 weeks on Friday and go in for my first u/s on Monday. Eeeeek!

9 years ago

thewaitinggame - I had that same thing happen to me around 9 weeks. My symptoms drastically lessened and I started freaking...and kind of getting slightly depressed. My husband had to snap me out of it! From what I read it is pretty normal to feel like crap one day and the next feel pretty normal. Basically your body is going through so many changes you never know what it's going to do from day to day! Try not to worry too much...I know easier said than done! When do you have your first doctor's appointment? That will help alleviate a lot of your worries when you see that little heartbeat! :)

Mnor - I totally agree with what waitinggame said. I really think 89 is great for where you are and like she said it really is a pretty broad range for what they consider to be "normal". I really feel good about this time for you!!!

9 years ago

MNOR: Our beta was 210 at 11dp6dt.

http://www.betabase.info/chart/basic/single

This says you are FINE!!!!! And every body is different. MNOR, you are pregnant. I know the worry is there and you want the number to be stronger, but let's watch it and calculate the doubling....

My guess is that your first ultrasound will be around the 23rd, correct?

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo