Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Just got an update from the babysitter..lol. Three of the seven embies have divided successfully. As a matter of fact, two are developing ahead of schedule. The Dr. said that the other four aren't out of the fight yet, it just may take then a day or two. I'm still on track for my 5 day transfer on Monday.

I'm worried. Three out of seven does not sound good to me. Have y'all heard of anyone having a successful cycle with numbers like this?

User Image

10 years ago

Someday congrats on the dividing embies :) like the babysitter said, the others aren't "out" yet... And 3 sounds great as they normally implant 1 or 2 and all you need is 1 right ? :) you've done everything you can up to this point and now you just have to relax and take care of yourself so that you are all ready for Monday and the tww.

As for me, we are headed off to Palm Springs, ca for a quick trip where we're going to volunteer part of the time with a charity and the rest relax. However, as relaxing as this sounds we are having our "first" storm in at least a year here in Southern California and everyone is losing their minds on the news and on the roads... Granted it's supposed to be a big one.

I'm currently 8dpo, had some cramping day 6 and a bit yesterday but nothing today. I hate the waiting game...

10 years ago

It sounds like you are pretty sure to have at least 2 to transfer, and perhaps a few more to freeze, even if it's later down the road after they've had time develop.

It's very scary to have just a few to work with, but don't forget all it takes is one to make a baby! You need to stay relaxed and calm, and just have faith that things will be fine. Sometimes when I freak out about things out of my control I put Bob Marley's 'Three Little Birds' song on repeat and just sing it as a mantra. The chorus is 'don't worry about a thing, because every little thing's gonna be alright.' It helps chill me out, which is not an easy task.

Huge hugs and reassurance that it will all be ok.

10 years ago • Post starter

It sounds like you are pretty sure to have at least 2 to transfer, and perhaps a few more to freeze, even if it's later down the road after they've had time develop.

It's very scary to have just a few to work with, but don't forget all it takes is one to make a baby! You need to stay relaxed and calm, and just have faith that things will be fine. Sometimes when I freak out about things out of my control I put Bob Marley's 'Three Little Birds' song on repeat and just sing it as a mantra. The chorus is 'don't worry about a thing, because every little thing's gonna be alright.' It helps chill me out, which is not an easy task.

Huge hugs and reassurance that it will all be ok.

Don't worry when you see your number of embryos keep dropping. It's completely normal and just means those are the strongest and most likely to succeed!

My first retrieval I had 13 eggs, then dropped to 11 mature, then only 8 fertilized, I transferred 2 on day 3 and then out of 6 only 4 made it to freeze.

Second retrieval I had 23 eggs, then dropped to 18 mature, all 18 fertilized, then only 4 were ready for transfer by day 5 (huge drop! I was devastated!), I transferred 2 leaving 2 to freeze but then 4 more caught up and I ended with 6 to freeze.

Yes it sucks to see the numbers go down but that's just the nature of the beast that is ivf. As long as you have a couple strong ones to transfer that is what counts and yes it only takes 1! At least that's what i keep telling myself. I only need 1 lucky one that wants to stick!

10 years ago

AWhittaker: I think that it's wonderful that you take time out to volunteer. What type of volunteer work will you be doing? Please be careful out there. I've been watching the news about the storms and it looks to be potentially devastating. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we are pulling for you.

Mrs: Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. I have been using the Circle and Bloom audios to keep me centered. It incredibly comforting to feel connected with my body even when my little embies are so far away.

Mnor: Again, thank you for your knowledge and perspective. Even though I am sure you are probably my age....you've been like an IVF mom to us. Thank you. I am trying to look at my dropping numbers as natures way of keeping my future little one safe from potential hazards. By letting the weaker ones go early, our warrior baby has a better chance to thrive.

User Image

10 years ago

Update from the babysitter. We now have a total of 6 embies that have divided successfully. Three are still growing like rockstars and are well within day 3 milestones. The others are playing catch up but expected to be able to freeze. We are on track for a 2:00 pm transfer on Monday.

User Image

10 years ago

Woo hoo someday! Super excited for you and will be rooting for you Monday :)

My dh and I are volunteering at an event called the desert showdown, it's a 3 day event that benefits a charity called Cancer for College. I'm a childhood cancer survivor myself and received a scholarship from them when I did my undergrad. The cancer is also the probable cause of our fertility issues due to the chemo that I recieved when I was younger.

We love to volunteer with this organization as well as a summer camp program that holds week long camp sessions for kids affected by cancer. It's a great way for me to give back and I'm thankful I have a supportive hubby that enjoys it too. I figure why not volunteer our time somewhere while we can and be able to set an example for our kids in the future :)

As for our weather... If it dips below 70, everyone panics... I am the first to admit I get excited because I get to wear my ugg boots. All in all, the storm was intense but outside of tree debris, I think everyone was ok. Some other parts of so ca got hit harder and fire areas are at risk for landslides.

I hope you have an amazing relaxing weekend and get ready for those embies :)

Mnor and mrs have a great weekend as well!

10 years ago

SOMEDAY: what great news!!! Please keep us updated!!!!

Thanks ladies.

AWhittaker: That sounds like a wonderful charity to work with and such a great example for your children. I firmly believe that there is no greater life lived than that which is lived in service to others. I'm glad that all is well with the weather.

Mrs and Mnor: Did y'all try accupuncture with your cycles? I have an appointment just before my transfer and was wondering if y'all have had any experience with it. Thanks.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo