Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Awhittaker - Congrats on kicking cancer's butt as a child and finding a way to give back! Next you will be kicking infertility's butt!
Being from upstate ny I kind of have to giggle when people in the south or west get scared of storms :-) That whole storm that shut down atlanta a little bit ago was nuts! They get some ice and a dusting of snow and people start stranding their cars? Meanwhile we get a foot or 2 of snow and don't even expect to get a snow day hehe! Yesterday it was -25 with windchill, where I work got 16 inches of snow and I didn't even think twice of hopping in my little g6 with no 4wd and off I went...

Someday - Good luck for your transfer on Monday! Sounds like your lil embies are doing great! I have not tried acupuncture yet but might this round. I just ordered a fertility bracelet online and it came in the mail today. Who knows if it will help or not but I'll give anything a try!

10 years ago

Mnor: Being from the south I can personally speak for how horribly we do with snow and ice. My dad owns a wrecker service and likes to joke that all it takes is someone dumping a cup of ice on the highway and the whole state shuts down. He's a funny guy. I've read some literature that suggests as much as a 20% increase in likelihood of implantation with acupuncture. The jury is still out on the validity of the research but my Doc said it couldn't do any harm so its worth a try. I personally think that fertility bracelets and other symbols are extremely comforting. Does the one that you ordered use electromagnetic energy or something else?

User Image

10 years ago

UPDATE

Just got my morning phone call. My 6 embies are still developing, but some are coming along more slowly than others. The two "leaders" have reached the stage where they are 8 celled and the cells are "sticking". As the doctor put it, they now look like raspberries instead of a sack of marbles and this is right where they should be. We are still doing our transfer tomorrow at 2. TOMORROW....wow thats amazing. I really didn't think we would make it this far with our sperm quality issues. I know we are not out of the woods yet but I am so excited.

User Image

10 years ago

Crossing fingers for you Someday!!!!!

Oh, while we didn't do acupunture before, I was seeing my chiropractor weekly.

AWHITTAKER: question - are you by chance using HRC Fertility? That's who we used and I couldn't have been happier with Dr. Frederick and her team.

I hope you are all well in this crazy weather we are all having. I was all set to host an Oscars Party but cancelled it due to the weather. I guess I'll just have to text my snarky comments instead.

HUGS!

10 years ago • Post starter

Someday - I will definitely be thinking positive sticky thoughts for you tomorrow!

The fertility bracelet I bought is: http://www.amazon.com/InJewels-MiBeFe-Believe-Fertility-Bracelet/dp/B008CJU4O8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393800597&sr=8-1&keywords=misty+fertility+bracelet

It came very quickly and am impressed with the quality. It's quite heavy and sturdy. I also have a kokopelli stone that I carry with me to appts. Who knows? I am not particulary religious or spiritual but I feel like science needs a hand.

I have an appt for another hsg tomorrow and will hopefully find out the results of the karotype genetic testing and get all my meds ordered since I start lupron on Thursday. Finally things are moving forward again!

10 years ago

Mrs: No joke about this weather. I'm down here in Texas where having two seasons in two days isn't unusual but this is ridiculous!

Mnor: Its so great to hear that you are getting stated again. Baby dust to you. We are all pulling for you.

Well, it is 0545 on the big day and I cannot sleep for the excitement. I just want to get there and get this going. I went grocery shopping yesterday and picked up a few things that are supposed to help with implantation. Wish me luck ladies.

User Image

10 years ago

Wishing you huge luck, lots of support, and Baby Dust!!!!

SOMEDAY: checking in....how did it go? My friend had two IVF cycles and the only difference between the two was the Ben & Jerry's ice cream she consumed during the second. She has triplets. I ate B&Js too. Perhaps there's something to that????

Ugh bad news ladies...well maybe a little good. The hsg showed some possible scar tissue in my uterus. It's minor but right in the "target zone" she said for the transfers and might be why I keep miscarrying early. So, good news that there might finally be an explanation and bad news is that I need to have surgery to get rid of it and my fet is getting delayed to probably the end of april. :-(

10 years ago

Mrs: That sounds like a lovely post transfer tradition. I am trying to stay away from cold unless its something like chocolate almond milk....yummmm. About to have some of that now.

Mnor: I personally think that is great news. Of course it would be better if the scar tissue was not there but having a possible explanation is great.

Post transfer update:

We transferred on blast and one "almost" blast. The embryologist also utilized laser assisted hatching on them. Unfortunately it does not look like the rest of my embies made it and it is highly unlikely that there will be any to freeze. Right now I am just hoping for one healthy little one. Its my only hope. How early did y'all test.....or did you have willpower (unlike me) to wait for the beta?

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo