Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

721 - 730 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Hello all,
We are starting the IVF process, started my bcp's today. My hubby has low morphology, good counts and swimmers. I have been worked up and have no fertility issues. Just looking for words of encouragement as I am so worried that this will not work. Did anyone do acupuncture?

9 years ago

Welcome lindgren! Congrats on starting your first ivf! Between all of us here we have seen pretty much every situation play out as far as ivf is concerned. Low response, high response, lining issues, cancelled cycles, bfp on the 1st attempt, bfp after multiple attempts and we have been on every different stim protocol under the sun lol. The fact that you are just dealing with male factor issues is promising! My dh has severe male factor issues and I have pcos, had a uterine polyp removed and probably an immune or blood disorder that they can't figure out. We are on our 6th ivf try now but have gotten pregnant on 4 out of the 6 rounds, they just haven't stuck. If you have any questions one of us probably has experienced it and has an answer for you. Feel free to lean on us for support!

Jen - No I did not do acupuncture and never have. I just don't like the idea of being trapped on a table with a bunch of needles sticking out of me. I like to always be free to move around and hate to be attached to anything like ivs and such. If I have to have a c-section someday they will probably have to sedate me or I'll have a panic attack!

Awhittaker - Your symptoms sound promising so far! I am still having insomnia. I was up at 2 am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I had the sharp pokes too and cramps up til about 6dpt and now they are gone.

9 years ago

Welcome me kind fren and good luck in your cycle. Accupuncture is definitely something you either love or don't :) I actually love it and would recommend it as my life is constantly hectic and my mind is always multi tasking. During Accupuncture it is the one time where I shut everything off and relax. Again, I don't mind being still for an hour and a half with needles everywhere :)

So my symptoms are driving me crazy. Had insomnia again last night from 2-330am and then woke up at 530. I'm having some sharp pain/cramps on my left side. Not sure if it my uterus, ovaries, or what. They started right after I took more progesterone. Just frustrated and want Friday to be here. Boobs don't hurt anymore but still feel ginormous. Hope you're right Mnor and that all of my symptoms do lead up to a positive.

9 years ago

First beta was 165! That's double my first beta from last time and it was a day earlier! The nurse said that was a fantastic first number and I go for beta #2 tomorrow! Fingers crossed that it doubles!

9 years ago

Mnor- congratulations! That is so awesome. I hope that everything keeps looking up for you during this upcoming pregnancy. :) who knows, there may be two :)

As for me, insomnia is back with a vengeance, cramps are now bouncing all over my uterus, no longer just I one side. Had horrible headache last night and went to bed at 830. Super moody and my boobs are large, achy and have super erect nipples (sorry too much tmi). I'm really hoping that Friday brings good news.

Jen- did you transfer today? How'd it go?

9 years ago

MNOR- that's such a great beta!! Congrats!!!!

Awhittaker- your symptoms sound so reassuring!! You sound pregnant to me!!! Can't wait to hear on Friday!!

I had my transfer this morning! Everything went smooth! They gave us the pic of the blastocyst. They also did assisted hatching that we didn't know they were going to do so we were happy about. Although, the embryo hasn't started hatching yet there was a space for it to start ;) the Valium hit me hard and I slept four hours straight when I got home!! So now begins the dreaded waiting until Thursday 10/30. Still up in the air about testing but I have two test here, so we will see if I can resist!

9 years ago

Congrats on your transfer jen! Stick little blastocyst! On another note... Just 2 tests? Hehe I have already used 10! With 4 more in my stash. I need to join a poas anonymous group!

Insomnia is still my biggest symptom. Last night I was up at 12 and then at 3 for good. I gave up and went to the living room to watch tv. I'm not feeling very pregnant anymore other than the occassional twinge in the uterus and queasy before eating but goes away as soon as I chow down.

Edit this morning - Got pregnant 2-3 on my clearblue (11dpt)! Yesterday it still said 1-2 but had to "think" for a really long time. Just need to get up and over the beta hump. This is where things have gone bad for me in the past with beta #2 or #3 not doubling. Need some positive vibes ladies!

9 years ago

Mnor- sending you lots of doubling beta vibes :) when do you do your next one? How are you feeling?

Jen- congrats on being pupo! Keep us posted on how you're feeling.

Last night before bed I looked at my boobs and saw blue veins right to my nipples. That's a completely new one for me even with the amount of progesterone that I am on. I also finally slept like a rock from 9-5am. I needed the rest and to catch up on sleep. My hubby comes back from dc tonight so I am excited to have him home. That also means I am so much closer to the beta. My hubby says that we are pregnant and keeps insisting that he is right. He was right on all of the predictions when it came to the embryo quality and progression so I'm really hoping that this is it for us. It's been a year and a half of non stop fertility treatments and I'm more than ready for this baby. My 25 year old cousin just gave birth to her second son last night and although I'm super happy for them, I'd like it to be my turn. As for hpt's, I have a 3 pack of frer's that are still shrink wrapped so I'm not tempted. I'm thinking on Friday that I'll have the clinic call my hubby and leave a message. We can then go down to the beach together and hear the news there. If it's good news, it'll be s memorable moment. Otherwise we can head straight to happy hour.

Thanks ladies for being such a great outlet and support. It's kind of crazy that although we don't know each other, we can provide this level of support to one another. I think it's awesome ð???

9 years ago

I love your idea for going to the beach to get the results! I really hope you can't go to happy hour though as fun as that sounds!

I have the super blue veins on my ta-tas too but not sure if it is from the baby aspirin and lovenox that I am on or that the blood thinners just enhance the effect. My veins at my wrist are actually raised and popping out of my skin. My veins never do that even with a tourniquet I am usually a really hard blood draw because you can't see or feel them at all. I am feeling really good otherwise, still just queasy. I am wondering when I am going to get hit with full blown morning sickness.

Beta #2 is right after work today and they usually call me first thing in the morning the next day. I know that the threshold to get 2-3 on the weeks estimator is between 225-250 so I am at least at that but we are shooting for 330 or higher this afternoon for a true double.

9 years ago

Awhittaker... I love that idea so much!!! I live in Florida, 30 minutes from the beach so I may steal it!!!! ;) good luck to you and your husband with that voicemail and you have sign on here and tell us because you know we are waiting in anticipation!!

MNOR- I hope that beta doubles, can't wait to hear from you what the number was!! I am sending so many good vibes your way!!

I am 1dpt tonight. I read online that the embie should be hatching today, but I'm have very mild cramping on and off... I guess it's too early to feel that but I know I am!!!
Talk to you all tomorrow! Can't wait for the updates!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo