Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Sorry it didn't work willowdancer :-( Bfn's after ivf suck so much more!

10 years ago

Hi, everyone! Joining the board. I know one or two of you from another IVF board.

I'm 35 (this week), ttc for 2 years, in the middle of my 2nd IVF cycle. Probably triggering early this week!

Feeling good about this cycle -- it's much different from last time. Hoping for a much different result!

10 years ago

I'm so sorry Willowdancer. I'm still getting BFNs at home so I'm expecting to be in the big ol' suck boat with you after my Beta tomorrow. Please take care of yourself.

Welcome Ssura.

We plan on waiting until this time next year to try again. We didn't have any embies to freeze so it back to the beginning. I think we need to give ourselves some time to regroup before trying again. I'm a mess mentally and physically and my poor hubby needs the break too. Not to mention the fact that we need to get ourselves out of debt from this round.

Take care all.

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks, someday --

Was this your first round?

My first IVF cycle was a big failure. I didn't produce many eggs, most didn't fertilize and only had 2 embryos to transfer, none of which worked.

Afterwards, my doc recommended a month off, then I had a cyst that kept me back another month. Having that time to refocus, feel like a human again and to have my body back worked wonders for my attitude this time around.

I know how hard it is to wait and wait. I'm worried about my age, but hopefully having some time to get your life back (and not so singularly focused) will bring you and your husband some peace and wellness.

Good luck!

10 years ago

Don't give up completely until the beta. I didn't get bfps on hpts until after my betas both times I was pregnant, once after a frozen and once after a fresh. Of course they both didn't turn into a thb. With the fresh one my first beta was 6 but ended up a chemical. With the frozen one my first beta was a 5, then it about tripled twice, 16 then 45, and my re told me after the 3rd beta that while the low start wasn't great that it still had a 50/50 chance of being a successful pregnancy, I just happened to fall in the wrong 50%.

10 years ago

Thanks so much to all of you. I've spent much of two days crying, but leaving for a four day business trip tomorrow should help distract my mind. I do hope to see lots of BFP posts soon from each of you. We have to break for the next cycle, but will likely try again in a month.

Over 40 TTC # 2 with IVF Hoping to see soon!

10 years ago

Ssura: Yes, this was our first try. I am 29 and DH will be turning 40 in June. We aren't terribly concerned with our ages...though we probably should be. Its a sperm issue that we are contending with. DH had a spinal surgery 11 years ago that left him with antegrade ejaculation. The sperm we used for IVF was washed from his urine. It wasn't great sperm at all. Very few in number and totally immotile. We are going back to the drawing board with his urologist and are going to ask about testicular extraction of sperm to see if we can get a better sample. I'm healthy and have been pregnant before (miscarriage with previous spouse) so I think I have a little time.

Mnor: Thank you for the encouragement. I would love to be hopeful but after all the BFNs and the little bit of bleeding I had last night there isn't much room for hope. My thinking is that even if I get a positive Beta, it will likely be a weak one that won't result in a take home baby. Nihilist thinking I know and it probably speaks to a much bigger emotional issue with me but that is just sort of where I am. Beta is in a few hours so we shall see but at this point it seems more like a technicality.

Willowdancer: Once again, my heart goes out to you. I do, in fact, know exactly how you feel. There are no words to comfort you but I hope that you can take some peace in knowing that we are here for you. Hopefully I'm prepared for what I am going to hear today.

User Image

10 years ago

Someday -- Nah, you don't need to be worried about your ages. I just turned 35 and my docs don't care at all, say I'm one of their youngest patients. I've never been pregnant at all, which at this point is disconcerting.

Went in for monitoring this a.m., and I have tons of follicles, but they need to grow. Looks like trigger will be this weekend, perhaps. A little later than I thought, but I'm trying not to be discouraged. Otherwise, things are going well.

10 years ago

Hi all,

Just thinking of you all and sending positive thoughts.

SOMEDAY and WILLOWDANCER - I'm so sorry. Huge hugs.

10 years ago • Post starter

Ssura - think positive thoughts. Lots of follicles is a great thing. It gives them something to work with. Not to mention cheaper if they can extract a lot of eggs off one stimulation and freeze them. Fingers crossed for you!

Over 40 TTC # 2 with IVF Hoping to see soon!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo