Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

331 - 340 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Hey everyone, just a quick update! No cysts, and my bloodwork was all good.

Today I start oral estrace (estrogen) 2mg twice a day for a week. Go back for u/s and bloodwork next Tuesday and up the estrace to 3mg twice a day, then return the following Wednesday, take estrace back down to 2mg and start progesterone shots (in the bum!). From there, it'll be just 5 days to transfer ... supposing it thaws properly. 95% chance it will, but we have not been on the good side odds!

10 years ago

Hey everyone! How are things going?

Awhittaker - Tempted to poas yet?

Mrs. Fridley - How's the little lady doing? Anything new going on?

Ssurra - Glad you are getting right to the fet! Sounds like you will only be a few days after me.

As for me, lining check went well this morning. Saw a lovely 8mm trilaminar lining and my ovaries were nice and quiet, no surprise follicles or cysts. Still waiting on my e2 levels, which I should hear about this afternoon. Looks like all is on track for transfer in 9 days! Down to single digits on the countdown :-)

10 years ago

MNOR: so happy to hear everything is going as planned. LET THIS BE YOUR TIME!!!

And I'm also excited to hear about if AWHITTAKER has POAS yet. I admire those with the patience to wait.

SSURRA: crossing fingers for your FET as well!

I hope everyone is doing well!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies... No POAS for me yet, my husband isn't letting me and says just to wait for the beta. We are 10dp3dt and had family in town for the past 5 days so at least I was a bit preoccupied. I had major stabbing pains on my left side on 6-7dp3dt and am hoping it was implantation. My major symptom is super blue veiny boobs and overall they are huge and sore. Not sure if it's a side effect from the progesteron/endometrin that I am on or actual sign of pregnancy. I'm also battling insomnia like crazy and can't sleep through the night without having to pee and then not be able to get back to sleep.

I really want to test earlier than Monday so we'll see if the dh can agree to Easter Sunday. Keep you ladies posted when I can. Hope everyone is doing great!

10 years ago

I really think that sounds like a possibility of a baby. My bosom looks like a bunch of rivers on Google Maps....

I keep forgetting to post even though I mean to.

Taxes.

We saved thousands of dollars on our income taxes as I'd saved most of the reciepts from our California/IVF trip and wrote them off as medical expenses.

Apparently all of the food, gas, travel expenses, etc. PLUS every out-of-pocket penny for anything fertility related (drugs, anesthesia, IUI, IVF, cryopreservation, etc.) could had been written off.

The H&R Block person sorted it all out for us, but it helped a bunch.

Just keep it in mind and save every last receipt, ladies!!!

We itemized for the first time this year for taxes and actually got $1700 back instead of owing $300-400 like the last couple years. All the ivf costs, gas, tolls, etc added up to just under $20,000. It's kind of crap that we only got $1700 back with that high of medical costs but at least we didn't owe! Definitely keep receipts and tally it all. If you spend more than 10% of your income in a single year you can claim it all ( used to be 7.5%...also crap). I don't recommend h&r block though, they totally ripped us off. Cost us $260! We usually pay $50-75 to have them done. Granted this was the first time we itemized and expected to pay more, like $100-150 not $260!

10 years ago

Just stopping in to say good luck at your beta Monday Awhittaker ( or if you decide to poas tomorrow)! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

10 years ago

I should gave listened to my dh. This morning is 12dp3dt and I took a frer and wondfo test that both showed a stark white bfn. I'm feeling completely devastated and can't stop crying. My beta is on Monday and I feel like that's a million years away. I'm feeling completely hopeless :( we had 3 perfect embryos transferred that were supposed to give us a 60% success chance. I'm just feeling completely heartbroken and don't really think there is much of a chance for the bfn to turn into a bfp. I truly despise progesterone and all that it does to mimic pregnancy symptoms and give false hope. Sorry ladies I don't have a better update :(

10 years ago

Not going to lie...it's not a good sign that you don't have a positive hpt yet. Most women get them around 6-8dp5dt or 8-10dp3dt. Don't completely give up hope yet though. Both times something stuck for me I got all bfn's right up to the day of my first betas and didn't get bfp's until a day or 2 after the beta. Granted they both didn't end well but with my early mc my re gave me a 50/50 chance of having a successful pregnancy because even with the late bfp and low hcg my betas were still more than tripling. No matter what the outcome we are here to support you. And yes, progesterone is an evil b*&$%.

10 years ago

I'm sure everyone reading this thread is hurting for and with you right now. Hopefully the beta will prove us wrong.

MNOR is right. We are here for you.

Huge long distance hugs.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo