Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

881 - 890 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Ok another question for you guys! I am doing acupuncture along with my ivf cycle. I think that helped with my follicle count as i had ten more than my last scan during my last cycle. I found out my uterine lining was only 2.87 mm from my u/s two days ago. Is it so thin because of birth control?

9 years ago

Hello everyone:
Just an update: i got the chromosal result of the 4 blast. Only 1 is normal. Dr advice us to do another cycle for the future incase we what to have amother baby or this 1 blast will not work. But another cycle means 6k out of pocket, which we dont have. So we decided to go ahead on the FET of THE ONE!
So on monday, ill have another sonogram coz he suspect that i have anothet polyp. If its polyp, then will get it remove. If its nothing then FET will be first week of april! Im excited and scared!

9 years ago

@mayer-One is still one! I hope this one sticks for you guys!!!!

I have yet another question about this darn cycle!!! So I went off birth control a week ago and started spotting a couple of days ago. Now my period is pretty much in full force. Is this normal? I have a call into my doctor and am waiting to hear back. I am just making sure because i start my stims tomorrow. Ugh, I hate not knowing about all of this!!! Thanks ladies, i appreciate it!

9 years ago

LShrader - I am surprised they even told you your lining measurement so early on. It will start thin and then build up as you stim. If you are getting closer to retrieval and it's still thin there are meds they can put you on to try to increase it. Also, I have had a period until several days into the stimming process before and never had trouble. I think once I had to delay a day or 2 but it was nothing major.

Mayer - It's normal to have 2/3 of all embryos be abnormal so 1-2 out of those 4 is actually pretty normal. It does only take 1! I have seen many ladies transfer just 1 poor quality embryo and bam! Hopefully you will have your FET soon!

9 years ago

@mnor-Well i asked for it because my acupuncturist wanted to know so he could work on helping thicken it. My period has pretty much just turned into light spotting. My doctor finally called me back and said that this is normal and it will subside once i start stimming.

I started yesterday and so far so good. No real side effects other than a sore injection site. How long after stimming did you really start bloating and getting uncomfortable? just trying to prepare myself on when i can expect to be wearing yoga pants all the time!!!

How's baby girl doing?!

9 years ago

I got pretty good at knowing my body to the point where based on the amount of pressure I could feel in my ovaries I could guess the size of my follicles. Usually when I just started to feel pressure I knew I had a few 11-12mm follies, it started to get uncomfortable when I had 14-15mm ones and by the time they hit the 18mm+ range I would feel like my ovaries were about to explode and I would be telling them "we will be triggering tonight" and sure enough they were ready. It really depends on how long they take to mature and how many you have when you will start getting uncomfortable. My jeans started pinching around that 14-15mm mark and by trigger day I was in yoga pants. My first cycle wasn't bad at all because I only had 10 or so follies on each ovary, I was pretty comfy through that one. The second 2 where I had 20-30+ follies on each ovary I was in serious pain by the morning of retrieval and just wanted them out! Hopefully you won't overstim to that point!

And baby girl is doing great! She flipped on Saturday and her head is now on my left side and kicking on my right or in the center when she usually is on the right and kicks on my left. I want her to flip back because I feel her kicks better on my left for some reason.

9 years ago

@mnor- Well they are saying I have 13 on my left and 14 on my right, so we will see how uncomfortable i start feeling! A part of me wants it to hurry up so i know something is happening in there, but I also dont want to live in pain for longer than i have to! I will be on these for ten days, and i am only on day two! I wont have an ultrasound until Thursday, just blood work tomorrow, but I am excited to see what they look like! Did you use a heating pad at all during your stimming process? Is it ok to? DH worried me last night saying I shouldn't until after the retrieval...not too sure why, but figured I would ask!

Oh that is interesting! Wonder why you feel her more on the other side? I bet that felt crazy when she flipped!!! How many weeks are you?

9 years ago

Don't get your heart set on 10 days or plan for retrieval on a certain day. Last time I was "scheduled" to be the last person on Friday of that week to be ready for retrieval because I was the last one to start stimming and I ended up being the first person ready for retrieval at 8am Monday morning lol. IVF definitely taught me how to be flexible and thank goodness my employer was cool with giving last minute notice for being out. You never know how your body is going to react to the meds.

It's perfectly safe to use heating pads and pain meds for that matter. I took prescription strength tylenol with codeine after my 2nd 2 retrievals. Just don't take anything or use the heating pad after transfer.

I am 24 weeks today! My placenta is posterior (behind the baby) according to my doctor but I think it's slightly on my right too so it cushions and dulls the kicks on that side. It's very strange to have a baby moving around in there. I really don't know how anyone works at all while pregnant, it's so distracting. When she is kicking I am so absorbed in the sensations that my students could be running in circles around my desk having a pencil sword fight and I wouldn't notice or care lol.

9 years ago

@mnor-Yes, you are probably right! I shouldn't get my hopes up too much. It would be nice if my retrieval fell on a weekend anyway! As of right now, it would be a thursday. I had blood work today, was hoping for an ultrasound, but i will have that Thursday. We had to do my morning shot in the car today. Our clinic is an hour away....ugh talk about a pain JUST for blood work!!! Menopour SUCKS btw. Serious burning. Glad its quick.

Did you ever bruise with injections? I think I totally went into this expecting it all to just be AWFUL. So far no bloating, no bruising, or anything. I am sure I will say i spoke too soon in a few days though :)

Thanks for your input about the heating pad also. I got the sweetest care package from my SIL in the mail last night. Had lots of goodies for me and a little mini heating pad too. So sweet of her!!

Hahaha, I bet! I cannot wait for that time to come!!! Do you guys have a name picked out?

9 years ago

Yeah, menopur sucks... I found that it stung less if I prepped it ahead of time and let it sit in the syringe for 10 minutes or so while I was doing my gonal f injection. Also, you can try injecting really slowly which can help or icing the site for 5-10 minutes before injecting.

I didn't bruise with any of the stim meds but I did bruise with progesterone in oil after transfer if you are going to be using that and with lovenox which is a blood thinner that I only took this cycle and am still taking until just before delivery.

We have 2 or 3 favorite names picked out but I think I have to see her first to make sure the name fits the face.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo