Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Thanks Willow Dancer! My estrogen soared since Friday (was 119 is now over 900), so that's a good sign. I go back Wed. Thinking possible trigger this weekend.

10 years ago

Both retrievals I have had were about 4-5 days after my e2 levels hit about 1000. Once it hits 1000 it tends to rise quicker. You may trigger sooner than this weekend. Could actually retrieve this weekend possibly. What size is your dominant follicle at?

10 years ago

I got my results. BFN as expected. I thought I had prepared myself for this but, truthfully, I am crushed.

User Image

10 years ago

mnor -- She said many of my follicles were the same size (which was great) and measured one just under 10.

No increase to my meds -- I go back Wednesday.

someday -- I'm SO sorry. I don't think we can ever be fully prepared for that when we're trying in this manner. ::Hugs::

10 years ago

SOMEDAY - I'm so sorry.

10 years ago • Post starter

Someday - Many many virtual hugs! So sorry it didn't work! I hope you will be able to try another round sooner rather than later! Remember that we are here if you need anyone to talk to.

ssurra - Sounds like you are heading in the right direction! My second retrieval I had an e2 of 832 and most follies in the 10-11 range, kept the same dose and ended up triggering 3 days later and retrieving 36 hours after that. Sounds pretty similar! I hope they really take off growing and you get to trigger soon!

I am starting to get nervous about the surgery even though I probably shouldn't be. The x-ray showed that it was just something small but I can't help being worried. Last night I had a dream, well more of a nightmare, that I was awake during my surgery and was watching 2 doctors looking up there. They turned and looked at each other and started shaking their heads and I was like "what! what's wrong!" and then they told me they were sorry but it was much worse than they expected and that I could never have children. I woke up crying! Worst dream ever!

10 years ago

MNOR, that breaks my heart for you. After all this time of trying I'm sure you feel degrees of frustration that cannot be comprehended. Your research had indicated that this surgery is most likely a positive thing, right?? Your dream was just that; a figment of your imagination. It is just your fears manifesting rather than real medical possibilities. HUGE HUGS!

10 years ago • Post starter

Someday and willow, So sorry to hear about your bfn :( I hope that your journeys continue and your dreams get fulfilled!

Mnor- remember they're just nightmares... We have a way of stressing ourselves out and finding the gutter through this process... Or the end of the internet :) trust in the fact that this surgery is the right thing for you and this will increase your chances to have a baby or babies :)

Ssura- keep us updated on how things go! I'm excited for you and wish you a successful egg retrieval coming up!

Mrs fridley- how are you feeling?

As for me, today i had my us and it showed no cysts and a low estrogen level so tomorrow I get to start the Lupron injections and Friday the stim meds! Excited and anxious to embark on these next steps. Thank you ladies for being on here and creating such a great supportive community.

Any tips for Lupron or bravely/menopur injections?

10 years ago

Thank you, everyone. Slight update. Went in today and my estrogen soared to 1,958 (more than twice what it was on Monday), so I'm actually lessening my Menopur dose tonight and going back in tomorrow! My (very pregnant) doc was thrilled at the size, consistency and quantity of my eggs. Let's hope I get some to freeze this time!

Awhittaker -- I've happy to give you some tips on the shots. This second IVF cycle I did Lupron morning and night, Follistim mornings and Menopur at night.

Because this was my second cycle, the shots seemed much easier and much of that was because I was just comfortable with it.

That said, my first piece of advice would be to do it in a dedicated place where you're comfortable and can sit. I have a very small bathroom with no counter space, so I actually did mine in my home office, where I could lay out everything in front of me.

Second, just relax and take your time. Precise timing isn't necessary! The first couple of times might be a little frustrating -- my first time my husband wanted to watch so he "knew what was going on" and I felt nerve-wracked.

It doesn't matter which shot you do first, but I tended to do the lupron second because it's easiest.

My Follistim is very easy too and came in a cool pen.

Menopur is a bit of a pain depending on how much your require. Until tonight, I've been doing 4 vials - it's just more time consuming -- AND when you have 4 vials of powder mixed with 1 ml of sodium chloride, it gets thick and can take longer to inject.

I seem to have some sensitivity and bruise easily from the injections, but icing immediately afterwards seems to help. The lupron (I actually take microlupron) is done with an insulin needle that is very thin, so the injection if barely noticeable, but it would hurt AFTER I removed the needle. This many days in, though, it's less bothersome.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'd be happy to chat on the side if that's easier, too.

10 years ago

Awhittaker- The lupron injections are the easiest. It's a good way to ease into self injections. Never really had any pain or bruising from it. It did make me a little crazy though...mood swings and weird moments of rage.

The menopur is a pain to mix but you figure it out pretty quick. Hopefully the pharmacy you get it from will gave you q-caps. It's much easier to draw up and mix with those than with just a syringe. I have used both if you need any help. Sometimes the menopur stings going in, just go slow and if it starts to sting stop pushing the plunger on the syringe and wait a second. I also found that drawing up the menopur and letting it sit while you prep and do all the other injections helps to reduce the sting.

Ssurra - Must be getting close if you are going every day now! Great to hear you have some great follies!

I had my pre-op appt today and am all set for surgery first thing Friday morning. They also had my fet calendar ready for me! I start bcp tonight, start lupron next Thursday, start estrogen patches April 5th and crinone April 20th and my fet is scheduled for April 25th. I have 6 blasts frozen and chose to thaw just 3 and hope 2 are good for transfer. This is all depending on if the surgery goes fine of course and I am trying to have faith that it will go fine!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo