Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

281 - 290 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Hi all, I'm checking in.

SSURRA: how are they doing???

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi, Mrs. F. --

I'll know more this afternoon, but we're leaving here in an hour for our 5-day transfer.

At last check all 8 were hanging on, but the embryologist said one was slowing down, so we'd probably be to 7.

For my age range, they recommend a transfer of "1-2" but I just turned 35 a couple weeks ago and am otherwise in perfect health, so we're going to transfer just 1.

FINGERS CROSSED.

Speaking of, did you (and/or others) do bed rest after transfer? My discharge papers call for it the day of and day after transfer, but the internet says that's a bunch of hooey.

I ask because I have a job tomorrow where I'll be on a walking tour, and I need to know whether I should cancel or not.

Of course, I'lll check with my docs, but curious about what others here have to say.

10 years ago

I personally was told a three day bed rest (not even showers). I adhered to that until the third day when I broke down to get clean.

I'm not sure it mattered as there are so many conflicting modes of thought.

Good luck with your transfer and keep us posted!!!

10 years ago • Post starter

First of all good luck today at transfer!

I have done complete bed rest for 2 days on 1 transfer, then couch rest for 2 days on another transfer and then i went out to lunch right after and only couch rest for 1 day on the 3rd transfer. Since I don't have a baby yet I don't think any option made a difference. My doctor doesn't say to do any bed rest but I tried all the options anyways. They tell me to plop on the couch for most of the first day and just take it easy days 2-3 and that's it. It's strange how all doctors have completely different beliefs about bedrest which leads me to believe it doesn't really matter.

10 years ago

Thank you both! Transfer went well this morning. We'll find out tomorrow if we have 1 or 2 to freeze.

They told me to be "a couch potato" today and I told them about my work tomorrow and they said it only depends on how I feel. The nurse said it's not the issue of the embryo -- nothing is going to affect it -- but about my ovaries, especially with my risk of OHSS.

I've been feeling fine and staying hydrated, so I'll probably be good to go and just take it easy after the event.

TWW here we come!

10 years ago

Hi everyone, sorry I've been Mia. Ssura- congrats on your transfer, hope you had 2 to freeze for later siblings :) how do you feel after the transfer? Did you take the day off?

I had a us last Friday that left me pretty scared and sad as it showed my uterine lining at 4mm and only 3-4 follicles that grew from the us on Wednesday. This morning I had another appt and after being on stims for 10 whole days, I've got about 4 follicles that are 17mm and a couple trailers that could get up to size by er time. Good news is my lining is up to 7mm so it can only get better from here. The re said it'll be another 2-3 days of stim and looking like an er for me on Saturday.

I've just been so anxious about the process that I'm elated to hear that they aren't cancelling my cycle ( something I had already put it my mind as an option ). So at this point, I'm going to continue drinking pomegranate juice, eating Brazil nuts, having tons of protein and drinking water and Gatorade... :) whatever helps and keeps me moving forward. Oh and also listening to my circle and bloom and going for acupuncture :)

Mnor- how are you doing? When are you scheduled to start your fet cycle? How does that differ from ivf if you don't mind me asking.

Mrs f- thanks for continuing to check in with the group and being supportive :)

10 years ago

Awhittaker - Glad to hear that it looks like they are still going ahead with retrieval. Hopefully a couple stragglers catch up! Even if you only have a couple they should be super strong! With a lower number of mature follicles you get better quality eggs. When you produce too many the quality is sacrificed. Last retrieval I had 24 retrieved but only 8 were strong enough to make it to day 5 blast.

I started the fet process on the 22nd? I think...

Fet's are way easier. A lot less medication and no surgery. The only injection i am doing is the lupron. I started bcp the 22nd, started lupron and baby aspirin last wednesday, tomorrow is my last bcp, this weekend I start estrogen patches and decrease my lupron and a few days before transfer I start crinone. I only have 1 bloodwork appt! Yippee! And 1 u/s lining check on the 16th. Right now I am scheduled for transfer the 25th with the hopes that all went well with surgery and my uterus looks good.

10 years ago

Awhittaker: Thanks! I felt fine after transfer. I hung on the couch mostly yesterday, but I was fine to do my field trip today.

Oh, and there was only one freezable, but at least if this one doesn't take, we can do one FET without starting the whole thing over again.

As much as it's the last thing you want to hear, try to laugh and enjoy as much as you can -- you're clearing the home stretch! And remember, it only takes one! :) Thinking of you.

Mnor: FET is an interesting protocol! BCP and lupron together? Hopefully this is the one for you now that your uterus is clear! :) Keep us posted.

I have a mid-cycle bloodwork check tomorrow, then only 7 days in my TWW.

10 years ago

I always do bcp and lupron at the same time, even during retrieval cycles. It takes a lot to suppress my system due to pcos. Also why my protocol is longer than most, I am on bcp and lupron for at least 5 weeks. I kind of hate it because it slows the whole process down and I start getting very impatient for transfer. 24 more days til transfer feels like forever at this point :-(

10 years ago

Ah, I see. Thanks! I'm sure that it feels like forever. The part about all this waiting is I sometimes feel like my life is on hold. I have to sometimes remind myself to do more than just wait or plan around "what ifs."

Meanwhile, I feel like my Facebook feed has been refilled with a bunch of young people accidentally getting pregnant.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo