Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

811 - 820 of 952 Replies | Last Page

My heart is broken. I stopped my progesteron on Thursday and had some light brown spotting on Sunday night, called the OB and they had me come in yesterday. The baby had stopped growing at 7w5d, I was supposed to be at 10w3d. I am so sad and disappointed. Instead of planning how to announce our pregnancy, I now have to schedule a D&C. I wish you ladies all the best. We are going to take a few months off for me to recover and talk with RE about doing a FET with the 4 embroys we have. I was so hoping this part of our journey had ended. Again, I wish you all the best and very healthy babies, hopefully one day it will be my turn too.

9 years ago

I'm so sorry Awhittaker! This news makes me so sad and angry that this pregnancy got snatched away from you. I thought this was going to be your take-home baby! I am so hopeful that when you are ready to try again you will eventually be successful. Wishing you a swift and easy recovery from the d&c and I hope you still find other things to be joyful about this Christmas!

I am petrified myself because I am stopping progesterone and estrogen injections this Thursday but don't have another u/s til next Thurs. I am staying on lovenox and progesterone suppositories though. I haven't seen the baby since 7w3d and don't have my next u/s til 12w2d so I'll be going a week between stopping meds and the next u/s. Gonna be a scary week... I'm just trying to tell myself that everything will be fine but if baby is gone there's no amount of drugs that could save it and nothing I could possibly do to change it. I have this fear that they will scan me and nothing will be there. I don't feel pregnant most days, no throwing up, just some queasiness every once in awhile, boobs aren't any bigger and no bump starting yet. I just wish there was some outward sign that baby is still growing and doing good in there.

9 years ago

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me popping in here. I have been with a group on CTP for a long time and I just love them all! However, I am about to move onto IVF, and I am going to need lots of help and support. I see there have been a lot of successful IVF's and that makes me so hopeful. I truly never thought I would be on this journey, but DH and I are, so we are going to go with it. DH has low counts and had surgery to repair a varicocele vein last December. I have low AMH, but other than that, i am healthy. We have tried naturally for about a year and a half, and have also done two IUI's. Now, we are switching clinics and are so excited about 2015!

9 years ago

Awhittaker - I am SO sorry to hear this. I know it hurts bad and is so frustrating at the same time. We all had that fear while coming off the progesterone. I definitely understand you taking a break. Enjoy the Holiday's and let us know when you guys decide to begin the journey again.

Lschrader - welcome to board! You sound like you have similar problems to me, aside from the DH with low count, but that's irrelevant with IVF! What is your AMH? Mine was super low. It's definitely good to have support and you have some super knowledgeable people on this thread. We have had lots of success as of late too!

9 years ago

@thewaitinggame-I keep forgetting that it is irrelevant to IVF, too funny. My AMH level is 1.6. I am so angry that our first clinic didn't think anything about it. Now, here we are a year later going in for more testing before IVF...my biggest fear is its even lower now!! So IVF worked for you? How many cycles did you do?

Oh, and i saw your post about not being a pelvic exam. My doctor told me to not have one when pregnant...even if they try to give me one, refuse it!

9 years ago

Hello everyone!
Im 40 yo husband is 44. TTC #1 since may 1013. We tried fertility cocktails and more! So OBGYN suggested IVF.... So here I am ! So far we had all the bloodworks, semen test and found out i have a polyps. So drs advice us to get it remove, so my surgey will be monday. Hope everythings go well so , we can start the process....

Just have questions:
Fresh embryo or frozen?

9 years ago

Morning ladies....i have a question for you regarding IVF. Maybe this is too personal and you don't want to share, and i totally respect that...but DH and I are trying to figure out the best way $$ wise for IVF. We have a savings account, and we have family members who have offered to help. We just don't want to be in a position where we wipe our savings and then get in a bad place. What did you do for payment of it...did you finance, did you save up, loan from family? I am sure some of you ladies are super lucky with insurance, but we are not one of them!

9 years ago

Yes, IVF worked for me. I'm 28 weeks pregnant. It technically took 2 attempts. My first cycle was cancelled b/c I did not produce enough eggs. My AMH was .5 We had 3 IUI's prior to that. It's stressful, but worth it.

Yes, the cost is high, but most clinic's have lot's of options for packages and payment plans. A lot of time's they are separate from the clinic itself. My package was through ARC. It was a 2 fresh 2 frozen package... the frozen was irrelevant for me since I never retrieved enough eggs to make it to the freezing process. We were able to put the total on our AmEx then pay it off... the benefit of being a little older and having money saved already I guess. You will find lots of options though.

9 years ago

@thewaitinggame - that is so wonderful, congratulations! We are just finding ourselves saving as much as we can, and we have very understanding families who are willing to help us as well. I know we will figure it out. I hope, ha! Did you ever do acupuncture? I have read so many amazing things and I am trying to figure out my insurance for that as well.

9 years ago

Welcome Lshrader and Mayer!

LShrader - My DH also has very low counts due to being born very early at only 6 months. I also have PCOS and possibly immune and/or clotting issues. We did 4 IUI's and 6 IVF's before getting a baby to stick for more than a couple weeks. Currently I am 12 weeks along.

As far as paying for all of that...the IUI's were covered so I over-ordered meds during my IUI cycles and had enough meds to get me through the first 3 IVF's. That saved us a ton of money, probably $5,000 or so. After that, I found a friend at the same clinic who got pregnant with triplets and had leftover meds that she gave us and that lasted us through 2 more cycles. We applied for a refund program at our clinic and had to go through some pretty strict testing to qualify. The deal was if we paid for 6 cycles up front and we didn't have a baby by the end of that we would get 75% of our payment back. This baby just had to wait til the last round and make us super nervous! lol It saved a lot of money in the long run. If we paid for each cycle "a la carte" it would have been about $22,000. Basically, the last 2 cycles of the 6 were free. My in-laws gifted us the $15,500 initial payment which was so wonderful. If you have family to help, don't feel bad about asking. It probably would not have been possible for us without that. Of course there were other things we had to pay for along with way: anesthesia fees, testing, more meds, etc. For all of that my husband's workplace was super generous. Each employee gets $1200 a year in flex money. So what they did was combine all the money that the other employees didn't use during the year and wrote us 1 big check for $1600. So with my regular flex money, my husband's regular flex money and the extra check we barely dipped into our own pockets at all. It's pretty much all gone now but it worked.

Mayer - I also had a polyp removed after 3 failed IVF's. It's great that they found them already and are removing them now to save you the time and aggravation of failed cycles! The recovery wasn't bad at all. It felt like a really heavy crampy period for a day or 2 and then I felt fine. This round that was successful was a frozen transfer of 2 blasts. I also had early m/c's on 1 frozen and 2 fresh rounds. So I guess 2 of each were successful in some respect?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo