Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Thank you, MNOR, for answering all of our questions.

Do either of you need anything? I feel like I keep taking but not giving.

How can I be of better support?

10 years ago • Post starter

Thanks so much. How is everyone?

User Image

10 years ago

Hello,

We are about to get a huge snow storm here in Ohio with freezing rain and snow. I'm not looking forward to being cooped up, but I do have a lot to do!

My HCG blood test is tomorrow. I'm excited to hear some good news. I've peed on 8 sticks total now, but it's still not sunk in nor do I feel in a 'safe zone.'

SOMEDAY: how are you with things? Are you staying calm or freaking out?

MNOR: are things all lining up? 11 days until your egg retrieval!!!!

HUGS TO YOU BOTH!

I'm well. I think I'm having the calm before the storm in freakout land. My appointment is in a week so right now I'm trying not to think about it too much.

User Image

10 years ago

Mrs. Fridley - Do you have beta results yet? Was just sitting around folding laundry and suddenly was like omg I didn't check in yesterday and is there beta news yet? Lol!

10 years ago

Finally late last night during dinner our doctor called. Our beta level was 210 and she said the possibility of twins was out. I have my second beta on Tuesday and then my first ultrasound a week later.

I wish I could say I'm doing cartwheels, but for whatever reason I'm not letting myself be happy. I think I've had so many ups then downs along this journey that I'm almost expecting the worst and am preparing for it. I feel like such an ungrateful jerk and my husband is so confused.

Am I nuts?

210 is great! I am praying that it keeps doubling for you. When I miscarried last time my highest beta was 79 I think and that was like my 4th beta. My first beta was only a 5 so 210 sounds very promising!

First gonal f injection in about 3 hours...here we go!

10 years ago

Hi all,

I'm starting to believe that I might actually be pregnant. It's just surreal.

MNOR: Stimming going ok?

SOMEDAY: Your appointment is soon!

I did want to tell you more about my PGD testing. I don't think I ever fully explained what they told us and how it helped us.

We had 5 blastocysts.

1. Male: abnormal: -13, +21
2. Female: abnormal: +16, +20
3. Female: abnormal: -2
4. Female: normal
5. Female: normal

The numbers are chromosomes, and the negative/positive beside the number indicate a monosomal abnormality (not enough) and trisomy (too much). The +21 is the Downs Syndrome gene. They said most monosomy and trisomy abnormalities are not compatible with life.

If you do the math, we had about a pretty slim chance of just putting in the two right blasts, and it's possible that the miscarriage of one could have taken the other one with it. The more I reflect in the PGD testing, the more I am grateful we did it. We could have put in two and frozen three, but the odds of a bad genetic combination is frightening.

I hope this educates you a little more on the test.

Thanks for the pgd breakdown! Will come in handy if we ever have to do it. It seems like with ivf your chances should be really high. But when you see how many genetically abnormal embryos there could be just in one batch it feels like a russian roulette game! How does anyone get pregnant?

Stimming is going ok. I forgot how much the headaches suck after the high doses the first few days before you get used to it or decrease the dose. I always get wicked headaches around 2 or 3 the day after a high dose. Feels like my brain is too big for my skull and it's going to just pop open! First u/s check in the am. I am on higher doses this time to get 15-20 mature eggs instead of the 11 I got last time so I am hoping for some nice 10 mm follies. I am hoping that if i already have some large follies it will push the ER to very early next week or possibly this weekend. Last time at first check I had some in the 8-9 range.

10 years ago

GO FOLLICLES, GO!!!

AND YES, HOW ON EARTH DOES ANYONE EVER GET PREGNANT?!?!?!?

Is it really only one egg per follicle? The reason I ask is that I thought I only had about 16 follicles, but yet they took out 23 eggs. Is there ever a two egg per follicle possibility?

Also, the eggs free float in the follicle liquid, don't they? And in retrieval, they use the needle to aspirate the liquid that contains the eggs, right? It's not a situation where they pluck them like a fruit, right?

HUGS

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo