Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

901 - 910 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Ladies I really need some help!!! We are doing a day 5 transfer this Tuesday. How the heck do i decide how many embies to transfer?!

9 years ago

Congrats on 16 beautiful little embryos! Fingers crossed for nice strong 5 day blastocysts for you! I always did 2 or 3 embryos per transfer because I had a lot of embryos to choose from and still have plenty to freeze and I wasn't scared of twins or more. Although now that I have a friend with 1 yr old triplets and have babysat them I am like wtf was I thinking when I pushed for a 3 blast transfer! Blasts, especially fresh instead of frozen, have a high chance of implanting. I think they told me the chance of twins with 2 blasts is like 30-40% so pretty high! If I do ivf again I will stick with transferring 2, I like the idea of putting in 1 and a spare basically just in case.

9 years ago

@mnor-Thank you very much! My RE really pushes for just one for the reasons of a healthy pregnancy and a healthy mom. I get it, and I cannot complain about that desire. However, so many stories that i have heard of is women transferring two and having one baby. I know if it fails, and we only transferred one, I will be kicking myself for not transferring two. Ugh, so much to think about! I am not too scared of twins. My sister has fraternal twins and they are just the best. Had a rough start being in the NICU, but are perfect now. I think a lot will come down to Tuesday and we get to find out the grades and how many we have. I pray we have extra to freeze!

9 years ago

@lschrader hi there, hope everything went well with your transfer. Hoping to hear from you. Mine will be in 22 of april!

9 years ago

@Mayer-Thank you! I had my transfer on Tuesday! We transferred two beautiful blasts and now we just wait! I really expected to be feeling a ton more so of course i am doubting myself! I noticed AF feelings this morning and have been craving pickles like crazy. I am sure its just a salt thing. I go in for blood work next Thursday. Probably will cheat and test beforehand too. SO Nervous this isn't going to work!

9 years ago

We also have two frozen :)

9 years ago

Im so excited for you. Ill say a special prayer for you that you will see those two blast in 9 months! I know its so difficult not to doubt , not to worry, not to think what if it will not work... But your symptoms are promising! Couple friends that got preg ...pickles was their food of choice????
Good luck...... And God Bless you 3????

9 years ago

Mayer - The 22nd will be here before you know it! It's great that you have a date to look forward to.

Lschrader - I always went back and forth, one day I was sure I was pregnant and the next I was sad because I was sure it didn't work. One of my biggest giveaways was pulling/pinching, pressure and cramps early on with all 4 pregnancies. With this baby the weirdest thing was a tingling sensation, like someone squirted icy hot in my uterus right around the time I got a bfp. It just definitely felt like something was going on in there. Also I had major insomnia for no apparent reason.

9 years ago

Thank you so much ladies! I am just so nervous of this not working. I woke up in the middle of the night with some cramping and i just hope that means something good. I keep trying to decide when to test if i am going to test at home.

9 years ago

I got my first very very faint positive at 5dpt. Which would be today for you? Then I got a positive digital on 6dpt. If you don't want to drive yourself crazy looking at faint lines though and wondering I would wait til 8dpt. That's when I started getting nice standard positives!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo