Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Flames are out this morning thank goodness! I got freaked out about 8pm last night when it got really bad and called the on call doctor though. He said they probably inserted a urinary catheter during the surgery. Which is crap because they never mentioned doing it and didn't list burning as a possible side effect on my discharge papers. He told me mix baking soda with water and drink it to change the ph of my pee so it wouldn't burn. Seems to have worked! I have a pretty high pain tolerance but when it comes to that constant burning/have to pee sensation I am a big giant baby! Had to take 6 tylenol just to fall asleep. I wanted to cut off my lady parts!

10 years ago

Mnor -- Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Welp, I'm triggering tonight. My estrogen was at 5,445 today! And so NOW they are worried about OHSS, I'm actually taking a smaller dose of hcg plus something called Dostinex.

Back again in the morning for bloodwork.

10 years ago

Sura- good luck with the egg retrieval, crossing my fingers for you.

Mnor- glad yore feeling better!

Afm, I'm in day3 of stim meds, thanks for the tip to ice after, it's helping a lot. Lupron is easy, the bravelle and menopur combo is burning a bit but manageable for now. Hubby just left for a 4 day business trip so I'm on my own to do the shirts. Hoping to get through the next couple days and go to us on Wednesday. Hope you all had a nice weekend!

10 years ago

Hi ladies. Just popping in to check on everyone. I'm glad to see that all seems to be well. I wish all of you the very best.

I'm doing a little bit better. I'm crying less and finally sleeping again. I took this much harder than I expected but its getting better every day. I've put some goals in place for work so its keeping me preoccupied. I look forward to seeing some BFPs from y'all some time soon. Take care.

User Image

10 years ago

Someday - Great to hear from you! I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better! I am no stranger to failed cycle crying unfortunately. Thanks for the well wishes!

Ssurra - Are you retrieving tomorrow? Hope you have lots of follies and retrieval goes well!

Awhittaker - Glad stimming is going well for you so far. I hope you have a good follie turn out at your u/s check!

10 years ago

Someday! Glad to see you on here checking in.

Mnor- stimming is going well so far.

Had my own freak out today and called re office as I started a period on fri and this morning it was at its worst, haven't had this type of period in a long time and it scared me that something was wrong and I wouldn't be able to continue with the cycle.

I got assurance from the np that its ok and normal, since then af isn't raging anymore. I'm actually going to my first accupuncture today and am excited about it. Going to have it today and friday, then twice on day of transfer.

I've also been listening to the circle and bloom files at night, and they've been great to get me relaxed as well as I barely make it through them before relaxing away into sleep.

Just trying to do as much as possible to make this cycle successful. As for the meds... I miss my easy follistim pen, injections were a lot quicker with that one vs mixing the bravelle and menopur.

Hope all of you are having a good monday!

10 years ago

Hi, all!

Yes, retrieval is tomorrow morning at 8:45. We have about a 90 min commute to the main office where they do these, and of course! We're expecting snow -- again! I swear every time we've had to go there, it's snowed. Hopefully, however, things will go without a hitch. Hoping for lots of follicles!!

10 years ago

Awhittaker: I'm glad your stimming is going well.

Ssura: I hope all goes well with your ER. Keep us posted.

We have decided to wait until the first part of next year to try again. I'm looking into IVF grants so we will see how that goes.

User Image

10 years ago

Someday - When I first started looking into IVF, I applied for a clinical trial in NYC for mini-ivf and they sent me back all the forms to fill out but I ended up getting into the refund program locally. Call around to clinics or search online for clinical studies, they are usually free if you meet the criteria and you just pay travel costs.

There used to be a grant program in NY state, but the money ended before I started. One of my friend's sister did that. Not sure if they still have government funded programs in your area.

I also looked into doing medical tourism. A good friend of mine from college had lasik done in Thailand and loved it. There are companies that will book your flight, hotel, treatments/procedures and excursions all together in other countries. It's like a IVF plus a vacation for less than you pay in the US for a round of IVF. I seriously looked into this and was looking at a program out of South Africa. Some of the leaders in IVF medical tourism are Israel, India, South Africa and Thailand. Many other countries do as well. You may even be able to get it cheaper in England but probably not by a whole lot.

10 years ago

I just queried 'infertility' on clinicaltrials.gov and it came up with 362 open studies.

There is also the Glow app for smart phones. It basically asks you all kinds of menstrual cycle, sexual, and fertility related questions, and if you qualify and record daily data and pay $50/mo, if you are unable to conceive after 6 months they will give you $10,000 toward your fertility treatment.

Hugs to all.

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo