Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

791 - 800 of 952 Replies | Last Page

I'm freaking out. My RE nurse had told me that every few days to go in and sweep out the old crinone, which I've been doing with no spotting. Tonight I did it with pinkish red tinged crinone and a small piece of what could've been a clot? I kept wiping and it doesn't look like it is persistently flowing but I am so sick to my stomach from this. I've also been having mild cramping for the past few hours. I know the nurse told me spotting is normal but I just am really upset. It's midnight, I can't sleep, can't stop googling and just am laying here hoping and wishing that I am not miscarrying. How did you girls get through your spotting scares??

9 years ago

How did I get through them? By crying hysterically, praying to I don't even know who cuz I'm not religious, calling my hubby and crying to him, making him leave work early, almost getting in the car to go to the ER because my clinic was on lunch and I couldn't wait 15 mins for them to be back, having hubby convince me that 15 mins isn't that long, crying and screaming at my nurse when she told me not to worry because she said that the last time and I miscarried, getting blood work done and then going on bed rest for 24 hours and crying all through that! In retrospect I was a complete nut... I think you are entitled to go a little nuts. Do whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better because you worked harder than most to get pregnant and screw anyone who gets judgy and thinks you are overreacting!

9 years ago

I spoke with my nurse this morning and she was not concerned at all. She said that I could come in for a beta if I wanted but did not feel it was necessary. So, I calmed myself down. There was no more spotting this morning, nor the rest of the day. I have been having cramps still, the most intense they've been this far. But I do remember my two best friends who had natural pregnancies telling me that they had really bad cramps when they first found out they were pregnant. The nurse was also not concerned at all about the cramping. Anyways, I feel much better though. I just hope that the spotting stops because what an awful feeling to find blood down there when you are expecting!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

9 years ago

2nd ultrasound went great! Still just 1 baby though. The 2nd sac was bigger but the doctor looked and looked but could not find a heartbeat. Our 1 baby's heart was just beating away and I was measuring right on track. They gave me a due date of June 30th and said see ya later! Officially discharged to a regular ob...now I just need to find one because the ob I had before starting fertility treatments left. Not that I liked her that much anyways...

We also told the inlaws and my sil! My parents we are telling tomorrow. Starting to feel real now. Dh and I even took a stroll around babies r us after our appt and tested out gliders and what not! We were like giant kids in a candy store!

9 years ago

Waiting anxiously for u/s news from you ladies today :-)

My first prenatal at the regular ob is Dec. 3rd! 2 weeks seems so far away! Really hope I can hear a hb on doppler by then!

9 years ago

Ultrasound today showed heartbeat at 122 and baby measuring 6w5d which is exactly what I am!!

We are very happy and relieved!!! Now we feel like we can really get excited!

9 years ago

My first prenatal is December 3rd too!!

9 years ago

Hi ladies sorry I haven't been on for a bit. I had my second us on Monday and baby is measuring at 9mm on 7w4d so GA was 6w6d. A bit behind so it's making me a bit anxious. We are officially graduated to the ob. My first appointment is this Friday. Hoping this little one keeps growing.

9 years ago

It sounds like everyone is trucking right along!! All the u/s news is no nice to hear :) Won't it be so fun to be pregnant over the Holidays?! I mean, other than the fact we can't partake in the Holiday drinking ;) We just registered last week and it'll be so fun to get things for the baby for Christmas.

Awhittaker - does the doctor seem concerned about the measurement? That's not too far off! Maybe he/she is just a slow grower, I'm sure you'll catch up!

I had my glucose test yesterday... super easy. I find it funny so many women complain about this but I guess compared to what we've been through it's literally nothing. Hopefully results will come back soon and everything will be all good. He was kicking like crazy after all that sugar yesterday! I can't wait for all of you to feel those first kicks!!! Honestly, I still hadn't fully accepted I was really going to have this baby until I started feeling him kick on a regular basis.

9 years ago

waitinggame - I am very excited to be pregnant for Christmas! I have been looking for cute christmas themed t-shirts on amazon to wear hoping that I might have a little bump at least! I will be almost 14 weeks by then. I really want to start taking bump photos! I have done the glucose test twice when I was being screened for PCOS and insulin resistance. I failed by a smidge once and passed with flying colors the second time. I am worried that I might get GD because I have been borderline before. Everyone complains about the sugary drink but I thought it was fine too, just like flat orange pop.

Jen - congrats on seeing the hb and measuring right on track! When I went in I measured 7w2d and was told I was 7w3d based on their calculations but I thought I was 7w4d. They moved my due date a day later than I thought it was going to be. They couldn't get the bpm though on their older equipment. The RE was trying to do it old school and count but the wand kept going off the baby and messing up the count no matter how still I tried to stay. She did say it looked fine and very strong though.

Awhittaker - When I was measuring a day behind I asked and they said they allow up to 3-4 days in either direction as normal. Because the baby is so small, just millimeters, they said it's really easy to be off that early. It's very good news that you have graduated too!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo