Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

451 - 460 of 952 Replies | Last Page

So I went in for my baseline today, doc says she ordered my IVF meds, and I said, don't we still want to do the scratch? She reminded me we have to wait another cycle (which I knew). I started to wonder if we should just dive into the next cycle anyway and skip the biopsy.

Then, she did the ultrasound and here I have a HUGE 5 CM cyst on my left ovary. Whoa. So, it looks like we have to wait anyway, which is fine. Sigh.

5 CENTIMETERS. Like a baseball!

9 years ago

Sorry guys, I didn't respond to anything!

Mrs. F: They weren't surprised I don't think. I've always known I have a short LP. She said she'd make a note of it for next time. I let my annoyance be known. Ha. I tend to do that.

MNOR: Yes, gotta wait another round if I want to do the scratch. As I mentioned in the last post, we contemplated diving into another stim round but with the cyst, that's a no-no anyway.

waitinggame: I would say if I was on a regular 28 day cycle, I would get it on Tuesday, but to get it that early isn't really that unusual for me anymore. it starts with heavy spotting, usually takes a day off, then a heavier one-day period followed by another day or two of spotting. Lovely!

9 years ago

5cm!? Yikes! Did you feel that in there? I had a 3cm cyst one time before an IUI round and I was in tears I was in so much pain and almost went to the ER. It felt like someone shoved a knife up my hoo-hah and left it there.

9 years ago

Not at all! I mean, like a little twinge, but nothing. Isn't that crazy? Even my doc was like, "and you're so little!"

9 years ago

Update: My period wasn't my period (couldn't have done the biopsy anyway). It's my LP issues, my body just doesn't hold its lining.

At least now the biopsy has a greater purpose. Too bad no one wanted to do this a year ago.

9 years ago

Well, retrieval went about as well as expected yesterday. Out of 5 follicles they retrieved 3 eggs. However, I just got a call about an hour ago and they stated they actually only got 2, however, both of those fertilized with ICSI, so we have two embryos!! I would've loved more (especially so I could freeze one) but I'm satisfied with that. They are thinking we will have a 3 day transfer on Monday. I'm really hoping they both make it!!! I will most likely transfer both.

How many of your fertilized embryos made it to day 3? I'm so nervous they will arrest before Monday!!

ssurra - that is a huge cyst! Do they think it will just dissolve? I don't think I've ever had one over 1cm.

9 years ago

waitinggame: Yay! Sending good thoughts that both will make it to day 3 and a smooth transfer!

Yeah I can't believe how big it is! I do think it should dissolve on its own.

9 years ago

Well... we transferred 2, high grade embryo's this morning! They called early this AM and actually wanted to push for a day 5 transfer, but once learning I planned to transfer both anyway, we stuck with today. As of yesterday we had a 4 cell and 6 cell and the embryologist said he checked again this morning and one had already grown into a 8 cell, which he said is great.

I guess it's on to the TWW! I'm definitely a little nervous about twins, but I'm ready for it... and I shouldn't get ahead of myself. We had to go for both since we can't be sure we would get any more in future cycles. Now, to keep myself busy somehow....

9 years ago

Good luck waitinggame! The great thing about IVF is the the TWW isn't really a TWW it's more like a 10 day wait max. I usually start testing around 4dp5dt or 6-7dp3dt. Are you going to test before the beta? I am scared about triplets or more this round since we are going to transfer 3 this time!

I had my first mid-cycle u/s check and bloodwork this morning. So far I have about 15-18 follicles on each ovary and they are all mostly between 7-9mm with a couple 10's already on my left which is where I am starting to feel some pinching. Last night I was doing a lot of vacuuming and bending and all the sudden about an hour in I was like OW! I think I am going to be hurting in a couple days with that many follicles on the move and all about the same size. Probably will be stuck in yoga pants from this weekend until retrieval next week. In December I had mostly 7-9's at this point too but I wasn't starting to feel any pressure yet which makes me think that I might get more than 24 eggs this time.

9 years ago

mnor - I cannot even imagine the bloating with that many follicles!! I felt a little bloated with my measly 5. What CD are you? Transferring 3 will definitely be scary, but so worth it if it works out. So you are scheduled for potential retrieval on what day?

I haven't decided if I'll test beforehand or not. I'm telling myself I'm going to wait for the beta, but in another week that might not be the case! It's just that, I've never seen two lines before and so imagining actually seeing two just doesn't seem realistic... which makes me want to wait! I don't know!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo