Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

321 - 330 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Ssurra - Good Luck! I'll be checking in to see if you have good news! Thinking of you!

Someday - Good to hear from you again! Glad to see you are starting to put together a plan to try again. Keep us posted!

10 years ago

Thank you -- all of you -- so much.

Unfortunately, my test was negative. I could hear it in the nurse's voice as soon as she called. It's sweet they were all pulling for me.

I'm meeting with one of the doctors next week for a consultation.

We still have that frozen embryo, but obviously it's not as "simple" as that. I want to discuss more about what's going wrong. My doc told me that IVF would be partly diagnostic, and I don't feel that I've learned anything yet. Plus, odds are all those follicles left behind some cysts, so I'm going to need some time before they heal.

I hope you all have much better results than I did!! Fingers crossed for you!

10 years ago

:-( So sorry it didn't work. I've been there and was so hoping you didn't have to go through that disappointment too. Keep us posted on what you find out or decide to try next after your consult. *Hugs*

10 years ago

Ssura: I am so sorry to hear about your results. There are no words to make you feel better. As far as your cycle being diagnostic...I didn't realize until weeks after my negative, but having done this cycle put me in a much better position to be my own advocate regarding my fertility treatments. I understand the process and even my own body much better now. I have a feeling you will feel the same way if this was your first cycle. I hope that you feel better soon. Pulling for you!!!

User Image

10 years ago

Ssura- I am so sorry to hear about your negative test :( makes me feel anxious about my own tww knowing that it's just about timing. Hope you find out more information from your re visit to help you make decisions about your not steps.

Someday- glad to know that you and your dh have a plan, wishing you the best!

10 years ago

Thanks everyone.

Someday*Mom -- This was my 2nd round of IVF. My first I didn't respond well to the drugs and had crappy eggs. This second cycle was totally different -- everything was great. We even got to freeze one.

What I fear is that my uterus (though perfect-looking, I've been told) is somehow rejecting embryos or something. I don't know.

How many times can we go through this??

Awhittaker -- Please don't let my experience affect your hope. We're all so different. I'm pulling for you. :)

Mnor -- Thank you. i'll keep the board posted best I can. I'm thinking of you, too. :)

10 years ago

SSURRA, I'm deeply sorry for you.

Please know we all were sending our best thoughts. We are here if you need to vent.

10 years ago • Post starter

Boy, it sure got quiet here! Updates from anyone?

Thank you all for your support. I am pretty bummed - HOWEVER, I got my period (first time in two years I actually *wanted* it to show up), and so long as I don't have a cyst when I go in for baseline on Monday (fingers crossed please), I'll start prep for the FET right away. I'm so relieved this is such a quick process. I thought I'd have to wait and wait (and I guess if I have a cyst, i will, but staying positive) -- and you guys know how that is.

Anyway, I'll have an update on that on Monday. Hopefully no cysts or other issues!!

Anyone have any info on FETs? I hadn't until now and apparently some say they can have even better success than fresh cycles?

10 years ago

Hi Ssura, so glad that you are able to move on with the fet so quickly, hoping that there are no cysts and you can move forward :) I'm still in the tww, today is 5dp3dt and I don't do beta until 4/21. We ended up having one embryo to freeze and one that didn't make it. Just hopeful that this cycle will work base on the quality and quantity we had :)

Keep us updated on how your baseline goes!

10 years ago

As far as the fet goes it's definitely quicker (unless you need surgery in the middle of the process like I had this time!). I got the farthest with my first fet. First retrieval I did a 3dt of 2 embryos and absolutely nothing. My fet after that I did a 6dt of 2 blast stage embryos and something stuck but I miscarried at 6w0d before I went for an u/s. My second retrieval cycle I did a 5dt of 2 embryos again that resulted in a chemical at 4w6d.

My re did say success rates tend to be higher with fet's because your body hasn't been subjected to the physical and mental strains that come with the retrieval process. It's much more natural for the body. My body responded best to the last fet I did so I am hoping it will be the same for this fet. I hope the fet will be the answer for you as well ssurra!

Speaking of fet...13 days left! Went for bloodwork yesterday and my e2 was 91. The nurse said they like to see it over 100 so I had to run out and pick up another prescription. Now in addition to the 2 vivelle estradiol patches every 3 days I now have to take estrace tablets vaginally twice a day. I heard they make your vajayjay juices blue lol. It's going to look like I slept with a smurf! The things I am willing to do for a baby... Hopefully the low e2 numbers won't delay transfer. I guess I will see on Wednesday at my lining check and bloodwork appt if all is still on track.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo