Community post

Discussion

November IVF buddies

View Full Post

Hi,

I'm doing my first IVF this November. I don't normally post on here but if there was ever a time to reach out it is now.

Anybody else?

Mrs. Fridley

952 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 952 Replies | Last Page

Someday- wishing you lots of rest and healthy strong swimmers to make beautiful embryos for you! 16 eggs! That's awesome, how many follicles did you end up having? Hoping that you have embryos for this cycle and future siblings :)

10 years ago

Mrs.: The cramping was more intense than I expected but I have a wonderful hubby who is taking great care of me. I'm a lucky lady.

Awhittaker: I'm not sure of the follie count. They only told me the egg count. They should be performing ICSI as we speak so I'm trying to send love to our little ones from afar. It was really cute when the embryologist came in to check in with me before the retrieval because he introduced himself as my "babysitter".

Thanks for the well wishes. Y'all have been fantastic through this process and I am so thankful.

User Image

10 years ago

Love the "babysitter" comment! Rest up and let that hubby take care of you and get you all ready for your transfer! Thanks for sharing your experience with us :) makes me excited for mine when the time comes!

10 years ago

I always get like separation anxiety after the retrieval! I just can't wait to go put them back where they belong!

16 eggs is so awesome for your first attempt! I only ended up with 13 the first time. I am praying that you have plenty of healthy swimmers for icsi. We also have mfi (low count and low motility) on top of my pcos and we were told before we started that they needed at least 100,000 and my dh usually has between 2-6 million and pretty much all the eggs fertilized both times.

Keep getting pampered and rest up so you are ready for transfer day! The cramping should ease up by tomorrow night or Friday. I felt ready to go by day 3.

10 years ago

MNOR: your knowledge never ceases to amaze me.

SOMEDAY: the babysitter comment was priceless. It's always nice to have a little fertility humor amongst the serious background. Rest up and plump up that uterus!!!

AWHITTAKER: feel any different? When will you be peeing on the sticks?

10 years ago • Post starter

My whole fertility team is AWESOME. I was really impressed this morning. Everyone...anesthesiologist, anesthesia nurse, surgical nurse, embryologist, embryologist's assistant, I mean EVERYONE... came in before the procedure to introduced themselves and wished me luck. By the time I got rolled to the back for the procedure I knew every face in the room. The embryologist even took the time to give me a crash course in biology. And my RE came in both before and after to check up on me. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to help me through this.

User Image

10 years ago

Mrs- I peed on a wondfo this morning and it is still showing some trace amounts from the Ovidrel. I'm 6dpo today and I may try to wait till at least next week to pee again. I've stopped reading into every twinge and pull and ache... I'm not on progesterone this time so at least if AF makes an appearance it will be on her own with no delay.

How are you feeling? How many weeks are you now?

Another friend of ours just announced they are pregnant... By accident... Ugh! I wish that accident on us :) who would have known all of these years trying to prevent getting pregnant, I shouldn't have...

10 years ago

We had been looking for a house when I went in for my yearly and mentioned to my doctor that we had decided that once we found our perfect house, that we'd start trying. She looked me in the eye and said 'nope, you are going to start trying now. The house will come and you never know if things in the baby department might take you longer.' That was May 2012. I wish I could go back and kiss her for her sound advice. We tried and failed for 6 months, failed on Clomid, then with IUI. We finally decided to make the big jump to IVF last fall, and we are so relieved we did. IVF with ICSI is just really the best. Everyone kept telling us, but until we did it we just didn't understand the degree of intensity that is the IVF process.

I'm happy to report that I'm 16 weeks completed, in my 17th week now. I'm as big as a house even though I've only gained around 11-15 pounds (depends on the minute, I swear!!!)

We are doing our elective 3D/4D ultrasound on Monday, and if we are able to post it to YouTube, I'd like to share the link with all of you. I feel that the support I've gotten on this forum has absolutely contributed to our success. I'm so appreciative of you all and think and talk of you more often than you'd ever think. My hubby cheers for all of you as well. He even asks for updates before I even say anything.

Thank you all and many hugs!!!

Awhitt: I'm sooooo pulling for you. It only takes one!

Mrs.: Its good to hear that all is well with your tiny one.

Just got my update from the " babysitter". Of our 16 eggs 7 activated and are going strong. This is pretty incredible considering that none of my Hubby's sperm were even moving. I'll get another call in the morning to see how well they are dividing.

Take care all.

User Image

10 years ago

Seven is the luckiest of numbers!!!!

HAPPY DAY!!!!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo