Community post

Discussion

CD 1..TTC Baby #2 and need buddies!!

View Full Post

I have a 3 year old little girl. I had the mirena iud removed in November and my husband and I decided to wait until after the first of the year to start ttc. This is my second cycle ttc and today is cd 1 for me. Just joined today and could use buddies for the journey!

1122 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

481 - 490 of 1122 Replies | Last Page

I know this isnt related to TTC, but I wanted to share with you wonderful ladies...

My kitty never really recovered from his illness a few months ago... He was just getting worse and worse. I had to make the difficult decision to put him down today. It has been very rough, harder than I could imagine. It is so hard to let go of a living thing you have nurtured for over ten years.

10 years ago

Awww Dbjohnson, I'm sorry.

10 years ago

Hey ladies!

Welcome Jess! As you can see we keep an ongoing conversation going on here with one another and updates about us so feel free to join in!

Tania: I am not very familiar with cmv (actually I didn't know it existed) but I looked it up and I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I am praying for you and your baby. Please keep us updated. Hugs!

Dbjohnson: I'm sorry to hear about your kitty. That's so sad especially when you've had him for so long.

Zuberi: Prayers are still coming your way! On a positive note your last update didn't lack hope. It sounds like at this point there's a lot of unknown but at least the numbers are matching what the ultrasound shows and there's a sac now which is good news. Keep us updated with your blood results and hang in there until the 19th!

AFM: Everything looks good here! I'm still very nervous but we made it past cd 32 which is when I miscarried both times so everyday makes me a little less nervous and a little more excited. I made my dr. appt. last Monday and they scheduled me for the 11th (this week!!). I know that it won't consist of much b/c I doubt very seriously that they do an ultrasound not only that but even if they did it would be too early to see a heartbeat b/c I turn 5 wks on Monday and they can't see one until 6 weeks. But I'm assuming they scheduled me early b/c of previous m/c's. Hopefully everything continues to go good. The only problems I'm having is my progesterone gives me headaches and makes me sleepy but anything for this little one!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the welcome!

Firstly, Dbjohnson, I'm very sorry for your loss. I wish you the best.

Amandalg- congrats on making it past that threshold! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Zuberi-I hope that you continue to get good news!

Tania-I hope that you are feeling better. CMV sounds awful...

AFM- I'm 8 DPO and hoping for good news this month, but so far I don't "feel pregnant." I was very sure that I was pregnant with my son and as you know, this whole thing is pretty tough. I've only been at this since March, so I have enormous empathy for the ladies that have been doing this for longer (years, even!)

BTW, I am completely looking forward to getting pregnant quickly, so hopefully this forum will pass along some

I have my annual appointment next month and I'd like to discuss this with my ob/gyn. She might just say come back after we've tried for 12 months. I really don't know... How did you guys approach this? Have you talked with your ob? What was their response (if you don't mind sharing!)

~Jess

10 years ago

Hi ladies. I hope you guys are enjoying your weekend.

Jess: I had a tubal reversal last August. My Dr said we had the green light to start trying in September. They also told us to give it a year before we started to worry. This is our first pregnancy, and as you know we are in a wait and see state right now. But if we m/c we will be right back in the sattle again. I am 40 and dh is 50 so we don't have a lot of time to waste.

10 years ago

Sorry I've been away for so long! Life has been crazy, family in town, trying to get everything packed for our move to Kentucky on Thursday, etc.

Zuberi: I'm always thinking about you and hope you have nothing but good news at your upcoming appointment.

Amanda: Also thinking about you, thinking sticky thoughts!

Welcome to the other new ladies!

I'm on CD 17, so no ovulation yet. My cycles are averaging about 38 days, so still waiting for the big O. Luckily, I should be back with my husband a few days before ovulating, so we'll have a chance this cycle! Although I wanted to start charting, I've decided to go with not trying, not trying to prevent for a cycle or two to let us get settled in KY and not stress so much about getting pregnant *right now*. I'm still breastfeeding, so I don't even know that my body is ready to 'get sticky' again yet. At least I know I ovulated last month!

Hope everyone's weekend is going great so far!

10 years ago

Oh, and someone had asked when I start OPK's since my cycles are so long. I wait until about two weeks after my period ends, so about now if I could find the darn things in all the packing(!) I would start testing. I got a bunch of test strips for cheap, so I tend to POAS twice a day, to give me a better chance of catching that LH surge.

Waiting so long to try again when I find out I'm not pregnant, again, is annoying, but for this month a good thing!

10 years ago

@ Zuberi, thanks for updating me! I hope that you will get good news when you go to the dr. How long did it take you to conceive? Many of the ladies I know from moms groups, neighbors, family, etc, have conceived at 40 and beyond (my aunt recently had her youngest at 43). Wishing you a

We've been trying for a few months and I don't know how long I should go before really worrying. (Who am I kidding- I'm worrying already!) I'm on the younger side, so I thought that I would get pregnant easily (as I did in my previous pregnancy). If I had known it would take longer, I would have tried sooner!

~Jess

10 years ago

Happy Monday!

@Jess: here's my story... With my DS, my DH and I tried for 12 months with no success. That's when I made an appt to talk to my OB about infertility. Over the next cycle I went in for tests on specific days. At the end of e cycle I went in to talk with him and he said all my tests looked great, I shouldnt have any problem conceiving. He even joked that I was probably already pregnant. I laughed at him because in my mind we weren't going to get preg without help. Two or three days later I took a hpt, and there was a second line. It blew my mind! We actually hadn't tried that hard that cycle because we were waiting for the next... It is funny how things work.

@Zuberi: how are you feeling?

@MewlingStork: that's exciting that you'll be with your man the time before ovulation. It's so hard to be away from my DH, I can't imagine what you are going through especially with a young baby.

@amanda: I am sorry the progesterone makes you feel bad. It is amazing what we will put ourselves through for our babes. I am so glad your doc's office is being so attentive to you. How long will you have to continue the progesterone?

AFM: cd 11... I had some watery cm yesterday. Opk came up positive (same color), normally the test line will be darker... I'll test again this evening, maybe I am just catching my surge early, and that is why it isn't as dark as normal positives... Who knows. It has been a rough couple of days, I was really attached to my furry friend, I had him before my husband and I even met... So it's like a little piece of my past is gone, the last token of my young single days. He was my first baby. My DH took me out and we rescued a kitten from a shelter. It is nice to focus on life, and I forgot how entertaining little kittens can be. Well, with the sadness and the new kitten, I haven't gotten a lot of sleep. Therefore, my temps have been wacky the last couple of days, so I am not sure if my chart will be able to confirm O day.

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

10 years ago

Hello, Hello!

Since there are no updates for other people, I'll just start talking about me...

CD 13... I'm getting nervous I have missed my opportunity this month. I was going to try something similar to Amanda's method (start BD on cd 8 every other day, then everyday when you get a positive opk), but there has been a lot going on. I normally O CD 13-15, so I figured I would definitely catch the egg if we started on CD 10 or 11. I got all thrown off when I got me positive opk on cd 11. We BD that night and again last night, And we do it again tonight. I'm just nervous we didn't do it enough before... But the day before O-day is supposed to be the most important. I haven't had a clear temp shift (my temps have been wacky with the lack of sleep)... So, I guess we will wait and see.

Hope you all are great! Anyone close to testing? I would love to hear some good news!!!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo