Community post

Discussion

CD 1..TTC Baby #2 and need buddies!!

View Full Post

I have a 3 year old little girl. I had the mirena iud removed in November and my husband and I decided to wait until after the first of the year to start ttc. This is my second cycle ttc and today is cd 1 for me. Just joined today and could use buddies for the journey!

1122 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

311 - 320 of 1122 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies!

So much to catch up on!

Amanda, sorry about your appointment with the chaos that day. Hope the rescheduled Thursday appointment goes much smoother and you can get some answers to all that is going on and your symptoms. How are you feeling?

Zuberi, Boo-hoo! Blah! Sorry af showed up!

Mommac, how are you feeling? Have you tested again?

DJ, so sorry to hear about your cat too. I hope the last few days have been okay with such a hard thing. How are you doing? Also, have you tested again?

Lm, you still have time! I have two friends who each had babies at 41. Glad you got the referral you were hoping for.

I think I'm about 8 dpo. I don't feel anything other than some cramps yesterday and the day before, but that is kind of normal for me for the last few months right before af showing up. Last month, I cramped so much 6-7 dpo, and I thought it was something, but af showed her ugly face 7 days later. I do have sore breasts too right now, but again, that is kind of normal at this point. I plan to take a test Thursday morning because hubby is going in that afternoon for a sperm count (my dr. is requiring that before we see him on may 1st). Husband and I were saying yesterday oh how wonderful it would be to avoid that part. But, our dr.'s office says it's part of the beginning stages of checking things out. blah.

Anyways, hope you ladies have a great rest of the weekend!

11 years ago

Hello, Hello!

I always find it hard to pot on the weekends, just so much going on. Thought I had a very faint positive yesterday, DH saw it too. However, the spotting turned to thick bright red blood today. Oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be this cycle.

@zuberi: sorry it wasn't your cycle also. I think I'm going to use all the same plan this cycle, but I am thinking of adding Softcups. I keep hearing positive reviews for them.

Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend!

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,
Sandra: welcome back.... we missed you. I hope this is your cycle. One of us need a BFP before the month is out and you are next in line.

Dbjohnson: Sorry to hear about the spotting. I can just imagine how you must have felt getting the faint positive. Im sorry again. How are you and your family holding up with the cat?

Momma: How are you?

AFM: This is cycle day 1. Im so looking forward to this next cycle. My DH asked me to lay off the TTC web sites he says it is stressing me out. It will happen when it happens. I tried to explain to him that I am 40 and time is running out. I don't want to be 45 and trying to breast feed! lol
Well ladies here is to another cycle!

oh I forgot to tell you guys im adding baby aspirin to my supplements.

11 years ago

Happy Monday!

The sun is shining, and it is going to be a great day! It has been a rough weekend, and I am going to get myself in a better mood by sticking to a positive attitude. First it was just the stress of TTC, then I found out my kitty is sick, but after a thousand dollars of tests they still haven't pinpointed what is the problem. I am waiting for some test results today, hopefully we can figure this out, I'm not ready for him to be gone. They had to give him a steriod shot as part of one of the tests, and the vet said it would help him feel better short term. I know it is just false hope, but he has been acting like his old self this weekend, which has been nice. Anyway, on top of all of that... I got one of the worst colds I've had in a long time. thankfully it was on the weekend and my DH could help out. Then AF was just the cherry on the top of the cake. So, it is going to get better from this point forward!

@zuberi: so what is your exact plan this cycle? Sounds like you have a lot going on.

@sandra: i am hoping for a BFP on Thursday for you! I got the BFP for my son two days after my first fertility appointment. I think it would be great if you were able to avoid all the fertility stuff!

AFM: cycle day 2.... Plan this cycle is: BD 6 days before expected ovulation, 3 days no BD to build up supply, then BD everyday until the day after I O. I will be using OPKs to predict O day. I will be using Preseed. I am still debating using Softcups. Other than that, I am taking me prenatals, DHA, and Royal Jelly with Bee Pollen all as supplements. My in-laws are coming to visit, and it just happens that they will be staying with us for my fertile week. How wonderful. They always find a way to get under my skin. Wait, wait... That isn't very nice and I am trying to be positive... So I'll just keep my mouth shut

Have a great day ladies!

11 years ago

Goodmorning ladies!

Headed to a field trip with my oldest, but wanted to jump on to let you know how disappointed and frustrated I am.

A little background again, +opk Thursday, & Friday morning (11th & 12th). I don't temp. due to not being able to do it consistently with getting up in middle of night on some nights and awoken early or abruptly with little ones. But, we use the digital and I get those smile faces,a nd have lots of other physical signs of ovulation.

It's about a week after ovulation in my last few months of cycles where I feel so crappy. So, I started cramping a lot Thursday/18th/19th. Then started yesterday/21st, brown and mucus spotting. This morning (22nd) had pink spotting and lots more of brown mucus with cramps.

I had this with my daughter (thought I wasn't pregnant), and ended up I was. I had to be on progesterone shots (injections) started at week 5 due to all the spotting and which then turned into bleeding. I also had a very low prog. level too.

So, the last 3 cycles have been like what I described above. I thought almost for sure last month I was pregnant because around 8 dpo lots of cramps and then brown discharge. Then the cramps would continue and the spotting on and off. I almost describe this wierd hormonal sensation last cycle and this one... almost feel like I'm pregnant, and my body is trying to implant, but it's ridding it. I can't explain it clearly, but something feels so off. Then around 4-5 days after all the excessive cramping and spotting, I get my period. Then the period is way less painful-minimal bleeding (3 days at most), then the actual 6-7 days leading up to my period. These days leading up to my period have been so painful with cramps and spotting the last 3 cycles.

I awoke 3 times last night with the only way I can describe is like a mini labor... lots of cramps and then the spotting. So discouraged today. I really feel strongly I have a imbalance in my hormones and short luteal phase. Especially considering my history with both my pregnancies with low prog. My dr. would always say in the past that my levels were low, but not a problem to not get pregnant. He was kind, but just didn't seem to be concerned because he said I got pregnant before.

But here we are, 7 months last year of trying, then another 5 months, (12 total) and still not pregnant, and I have these wretched cramps and spotting episodes about a week period arrives.

I hate everytime I go to the bathroom this morning I have all this brown mucus, and it feels like such a blaring reminder how off my body is.

Thanks for listening!

11 years ago

Also, forgot to mention that the day before yesterday, I took a frer. It appeared to be negative. I left it on the bathroom counter (dind't throw it away) as I got distracted with my daughter. I came back to see it (about 3 hours later), and there was a very visible second pink line. BUT, that was after the time limit obviously, so not sure if that is what is considered a evaporation line from what I hear, and also not even valid because it was considerably after the time limit. I SO disliked seeing that second line because I knew it meant nothing because it was 3 hours later. It so stinks! It wasn't grey or indented, but a clear pink line. I only had one test, so couldn't test with another. I did use a digital yesterday morning my friend gave me and that was negative. So, obviously probably not pregnant.

11 years ago

Hey ladies! Sorry I haven't been posting much. We STILL do not have internet at home so I can only get on here when I'm at work.. which is kind of a blessing b/c I don't obsess as much plus I've been getting more housework done b/c of lack of pinterest haha!

I'm sorry to hear that some of you ladies are out this month.. It sucks but it just gives you an opportunity to come up with a new plan and obsess some more ugh!

I have been reading all of your alls posts but I feel like I'm so behind I don't know how to respond to all of them at this moment so I'm starting over!

AFM: boobs are sore off and on.. nipples are still larger than normal. Lots of creamy cm and cramps the last two days off and on that feel just like af is on the way.. but she isn't due for another week and a half.. who knows at this point! I took a test this morning just to be on the safe side.. BFN which is to be expected b/c the only time we had sex that could have made a baby was on CD 6 which should be too early.. also no idea when I O'd b/c my cm has been really odd this month and haven't been temping. Excited and nervous about my dr appt Thursday b/c I don't know what to expect. That's all!

Hope everyone is having a good monday! It's 70 degrees here today but might snow later this week.. ugh.. gotta love Missouri weather

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi guys! I only have a few minutes and I WAS SO MAD I typed a huge long reply for everyone personally and it had an error sending. So this is just short and AFM. I have been reading all of yours though and I'm looking forward to another month of TTC with you all :)

AFM- Period is in full force since midnight sunday (it was due on Monday and as usual...can't NOT come right on time...) A little more discouraged. Esp. cause the only friend who knew I was trying (she was told not to have a baby soon because of complications and medications) informed me she thinks she is. I normally wouldn't be that type to be bitter about it but I guess I just am considering I am actively trying...and it's just UGH! She knew I was trying and since January. But anyways. I looked up those soft cups cause I guess people swear by them and I'm seriously so desperate to try anything. How often do I use the baby aspirin? Buying preseed next week for it...

Can't wait to hear from you all.

11 years ago

Hi Ladies

Sandra: Have you had any sign of implantation yet? I know you are not temping but maybe the cramps are a sign ( I good one at that) So we are keeping our fingers and toes crossed for you.

Dbjohnson: I am taking the same things that you are just adding in the baby aspirin. And we are the same number of cycle days also. So girl we will see. Oh, BTW If I can get my DH to BD the two days I get my + on the OPK and two days after I will be doing good! I had a talk with him after my cycle started and asked him did he really want to have another baby...... because he is NOT doing his part. (we don't enough) He thinks that he is a one hit wonder! and obviously he isn't because I haven't gotten pregg YET!!! ( how is that for venting! )

Amanda: I'm looking forward to your visit to the Dr. And about all of the symptoms you are having....... I'm wondering what is really going on with them. (Its like me and that left breast thing (ODD.....VERY ODD )

Momma: I am not glad that you are back with us because I was really hoping you got your BFP but I am glad that you are keeping us on your team as we try to beat AF up!
AFM: I am taking so many pills in the mornings until I'm wondering is my baby(Whenever I get pregg) is going to be addicted to supplements! I am just trying to take it one day at a time. I am tired of stressing over TTC. I am not online as much as I used to be. I am going to take my pills, try to encourage my DH to and see what happens.

I hope you ladies had a wonderful day and I look forward to see what you guys are up to.

11 years ago

Hi ladies!

Checking in!

Af arrived (actually early). I had such wretched cramps and spotting for 3 days, and then it arrived yesterday with heavy flow. The cramping started 6/7 dpo, and lots of spotting followed and cramps continued. The pain has been so hard the last 3 cycles too with this same type of pattern. Af arrived 10 days post ovulation if I ovulated when I thought I did. My last +opk (smile face) was Friday/12th.

Just called my doctor office, and they said on the phone my prog. level came back at 6.4. BUT, that is 7 dpo when that lab was done. I got that lab done last Friday/19th. The lady said, "that is normal". She was just the secretary at the front desk, and this office is only a general MD office, NOT a gyn or ob office or fertility place. I see my gyn doctor for a fertility makeup (consulation, tests, etc..) on May 1st.

Huh? Really? Everything online says progesterone should be a level 10 or higher post-ovulation at 7 dpo to sustain a pregnancy to happen. Is that right? Is 6.4 normal for 7 dpo?

My last pregnancy, I spotted and bled after ovulation for a few days, and then tested positive for pregnancy. The spotting and bleeding never let up. I only tested because it was too early in my cycle to be cramping and bleeding for AF to show up. I looked at my journal I had back then, and it says my progesterone was at a 8 on the day of my positive pregnancy test. Bleeding continued for 2 more weeks in that pregnancy, and I was put on progesterone injections. My daughter will be 3 this summer.

Everything I feel physically points to a progesterone problem. I strongly feel like that is why we aren't getting pregnant. I haven't cramped on my AF actually, it's the 2-3 days leading up to AF arriving where I feel an intense surge of hormones, combined with horrible cramps and spotting throughout those days. Not a little bit of spotting, but lots. The pain is bad too, and I'm very tolerable with pain.

That is my update. See my gyn on May 1st, and hoping he gives me something for progesterone, or some answers. I get tired of hearing things like, "you got pregnant before". Everything changed after having my daughter. My cycles became irregular, and the spotting and early periods keep coming. I always get a +opk and have the physical signs of ovulation, but it's the second half of the cycle that my body seems super off on.

Today is cd 2, so I'm close to you all with this month starting a new cycle. Hopeful for us all!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo