Community post

Discussion

CD 1..TTC Baby #2 and need buddies!!

View Full Post

I have a 3 year old little girl. I had the mirena iud removed in November and my husband and I decided to wait until after the first of the year to start ttc. This is my second cycle ttc and today is cd 1 for me. Just joined today and could use buddies for the journey!

1122 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

281 - 290 of 1122 Replies | Last Page

Hey ladies!

Sounds like everyone is doing good!

Dbjohnson: That's amazing! I wish I had your willpower!

Zuberi: I miss you too sweets! I am looking forward to hearing about your (and everyone else's) BFPs! I'm really hoping the month passes by fast and I can get back on track. I hope your cramping is a symptom of conception.. it definitely could be one!

AFM: I have an appt with the doc on Thursday this coming week. Hoping that will come with some enlightenment on what's going on with me. What I'm hoping to get out of it: My doctor to not be too concerned but to treat it seriously and do everything he can. I love my doc and I'm really hoping he can help fix this issue b/c I really don't want to go to a fertility doc unless necessary b/c I would really miss my doc and his nurse :( So maybe B6, baby aspirin, estrogen and/or progesterone? I'm just hoping he is certain of what is going on. I'll let you all know how it goes!

So how's everyone feeling? I know that everyone is trying not to symptom spot but if you feel them share them.. remember this is a safe place to share all your actual or even imagined symptoms without judgement haha!

11 years ago • Post starter

Goodmorning ladies!

How are you all doing?

Zuberi and DbJohnson, how are you ladies feeling with symptoms?

Amanda, hope your appointment Thursday is productive and helpful with your doctor! Sounds like you have a good relationship with him, and hopefully he will get some tests ordered to give you some more insight.

I have a question for you ladies, I got a +opk Thursday (11th) afternoon, then randomly took one yesterday (Friday/12th) mid-morning, and it was still +opk. I normally don't take another test after my first +opk, but decided this time to try it.

We bd Thursday, Friday, and then will be tonight. I am suppose to have bloodwork to check my progesterone 5 days after ovulation (this is from a MD who helped me with some things, but he only specializes in immune system, not hormones). I'm going to take these lab results to my gyn when I see him On May 1st in regards to us trying and nto getting pregnant, my spotting, and what I think is a short luteal phase based on my period arriving after my +opk's.

However, everything online says to get progesterone taken 7 dpo. Would I count maybe last night/Friday as ovulation or today/Saturday? So, I made an appointment for this next Friday/19th early in the morning before my husband goes to work to get my labs/progesterone checked.

What day would you do labs? I love my MD, but again, I don't think he is an expert with hormones, so wasn't sure on the 5dpo to get tested. I really want some accuracy. I was thinking later like 7dpo or so. So, when should I do my labs based on my +opk Thursday & yesterday/Friday? Is this next Friday/19th a good idea/

Thanks for any of your input/advice!

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend!

11 years ago

Meant to say "progesterone checked",
NOT progesterone "taken".

11 years ago

Hey ladies,

Dbjohnson: how are you? What are your symptoms looking like? Haven't heard from you.

Amanda: I'm STILL MISSING YOU!!!! But im glad you are going to the dr. Im praying that he can give you some answers.

Sandra: do you bbt? You can't go by +opk it just tells you that you had a surge not that you Od. You can O any where from 12 to 48 hours after a + opk. And sometimes the two lines will confuse you, thats why i went to the digital smiley face ones. Are you checking your cm? Was it ewcm? So it i had to guess on just oks i would start counting the next day (sat) as your O day. But im not an exspert. Lol. Hope that helped you a little.

Afm: Im glad im on my 6DPO. They have gone by rather quickly. Now for the other 7. lol
Im trying not to symptom spot but yesterday i had two shooting pains in the left side of my uterus that were back to back that literally took my breathe away. Ive had a couple of pulling/pinching type pains below my bellybutton but, i don't want to think too much of it. I really thought last month was our month but it turned out not to be so......I'm not going to get my hopes up until I miss af.

I hope you guys are enjoying your weekend. It's a beautiful day here in the bay area.

I look forward to hearing from you ladies........until then

11 years ago

Hello, Hello!!!

Today is my 10k and I am SO freaking excited! It is 5:30 here, race starts at 7:15. I barely got any sleep last night, it was like e first day of school. I am such a nerd!

@amanda: I also hope that your doc appointment is productive. Waiting for the appointment, and then the next cycle to end sucks! Who knew that TTC was all about waiting? It drives me nuts!

@Sandra: I had my progesterone checked last cycle. They told me it was either cd 21 (if you didn't pinpoint ovulation) or 7 DPO. My level was 13, and my doc said that was in the normal range and confirmed ovulation.

@Zuberi: you know I trying not to symptom check... But I am starting to get creamy CM, other than that, I feel pretty normal. Are you having any symptoms this time around?

AFM: I am 6 DPO... So I am not going to push myself too much on my run, but I don't know if I'll be able to hold myself back... I am pretty competitive. fF says I can start testing on DPO 8, you all know how I LOVE permission to test
I don't know if I will, I was originally going to hold out until DPO 10... We'll see...

11 years ago

Hi ladies! I promise to write a longer personal post tomorrow but I have a question! I'm 7 dpo and since yesterday I get these random sharp pains in my cervix. I've never had that! I'm trying not to symptom spot but I didn't know if this is a sign. I mean they kinda make me jump at points! Help!

11 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Dbohnson: I hope your run went well..... I am so proud of you girl. Just the mere fact that you attempted this race is a victory in itself. When you get some rest We would like to hear all about it.

Momma: You and I are on the same day 7DPO. I too had a sharp pain the other day. It was 5DPO. Actually it was two about 3 seconds apart. They were so piercing that they actually took my breath away. I was on my left side. I Od from that side this cycle. I have read that it is implantation of the egg, I have never had a pain that felt like that before....however I don't want to get my hopes up. I didn't even tell my DH because if we do get a I want him to be totally surprised. I have had mild cramps everyday since O day. They have been getting less and less. I dint really have that many today but I did feel some here and there toward the late afternoon evening hours. So I'm praying that we both had implantation pains and it turns out to be a . When are you planning to test?

AFM: I am anxious to see what my temp is in the am. It has continued to rise over the last couple of days. It went from 98 the day I had the sharp pain to 98.1 and this am it was 98.4 I'm praying it keeps going up!

So,..... I'm looking forward to seeing how you ladies are doing on this journey. Can wait for the !

11 years ago

I haven't done the temp thing maybe I should have! How exciting! I'm trying not to really get hopes up because I have the past 3 cycles and nothing so...I'm trying to just whatever it. Normally I would prob test today on day 8 but I'm trying to hold off until Wednesday... Is your upper or lower? Mine is so low almost feels in my v (tmi lol) and I've been exhausted which i had the week before my bfp with my dd so idk! I'm hoping for it but...cautious! When are you? How is everyone else?

11 years ago

Hello Ladies :)

Hope you all had a great weekend :)

I haven't been much online, but I do read your posts....it is just so freaking hard in Chile, there is no 'fertility culture' here...so, I tried to buy an ovulation test pack here, it was so hard to find! And when I finally found one, it was so pricey! about 37 dollars, can you believe it? And since I have no idea when I ovulate or IF I do.,..it would be a waste of money to buy it :(
Now, last week I had a very watery discharge, and we did the bd on Friday And after that I've had some discharge..I remember after I conceived my baby boy, that was my very first symptom...but we'll see....with the PCOS this time it's been difficult, and we've beenhaving stressing periods at work, both my DH and me... so I just don't know if we should embark on this TTCing right now....but as I told you before, we're running out of time....and if we wait for things to be 'perfect', then it will NEVER happen. So there, I just answered myself

So ladies...after the bd, how long should I wait to test? I do have some HPTs at home, I found a place where I can get the cheap ones...clearblue in Chile, is about US$ 9!! and not even the digital ones! We don't get those here :(

Have a nice week ladies!! Lots of baby dust to all!

Hugs from still (and weirdly) hot Santiago!

11 years ago

BTW, do any of you have books on fertility on PDF that can send me a copy? I tried buying one here in Spanish first, but there is just NO literature on the topic in my language :( So then, I tried buying one in English, I know a few places where I can get second hand books in English, but those dont get here.... :( So, before getting to amazon and buy from them, and paying the crazy taxes my country has on books (oh my...don't get me started! lol) I thought i could ask you guys....there's : "Making Babies: A Proven 3-Month Program for Maximum Fertility", or "Taking charge of your fertility" or "The impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant"....

Just in case! ;)

Thanks!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo