Community post

Discussion

Been at this a while...Private "Testers" Support G

View Full Post

Hey! So the "Testers" thread was getting way too big, and way too chaotic, so I decided to make this thread hidden away in the Long-Term board... Because I know a lot of us have been at this for a while and we had such a close knit group and I don't want to lose that. So if you ladies want to join me here, please do! Hope nobody is offended by my doing this, I just cannot keep up with the new folks and honestly a lot of them do not "get it" at all. :(

752 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 752 Replies | Last Page

Geez... I am 2.5 pages behind. You guys move just as fast as the other thread! Which I have completely abandoned.. I feel bad.

@luv: Being in school that long was horrible but like I said a good life lesson. Its too bad though because I am so scarred from being in school that long its hard for me to sit through any class. I should be taking more schooling for certifications and whatnot but just can't bring myself to. 11 years to get your PHD with field work? Ugh! No thanks!! I don't blame you for passing that up! I hope the training session with the gal you mentioned goes well.

@sailor: Hey girl! How are you feeling? I am glad you are charting! Even though it may be early it will get you in the habit for when it counts most. Did you get your last beta back?

@amag: Hey girl! Wow! You've been through it! What is a minears attack? How is dh's mom? I hope things are improving for you and your family! How was the ivf class?

@darling: Femara is super cheap too. I got 30 2.5mg pills at Costco for under $5.00. My RE was kind enough to give me an Rx for more than I needed in a month for an additional price break. I only needed 10 pills per cycle. I've heard metformin is HORRIBLE when you start taking it. Did it make you feel like death warmed over? You should definitely temp - it will definitely shed light on whether or not you are Oing. And since your temps have been all over the place you might want to try vaginal temping.. for some women this works better. Oh, and I used to open a word doc and cut and past like you are doing but for some reason the website doesn't like apostrophes and whatnot so now I just open two internet windows and reply in one and read in the other.

@law: I hope you get your paper wrapped up and have fun grocery shopping!! I am like you - the whole ttc process baffles and intrigues me. I think its one of the reasons I stick around here and don't also post on a pregnancy forum, well that and because all the girls here are AMAZING. I love Costco too! We are going this afternoon!! hehehehe!!

@cam: I am excited for Sunday!!! You are so sweet. We are definitely blessed and blessed to have you in our lives!! Hooray for high temps!

@blue: Yay! You made it to this thread! Woohoo! You are missing out if you've never been to Costco! Its lovely! Yikes a weekend of night shifts? Good luck honey!

@JLHart: I am at home but doing some work.. I slept in about an hour and am in my pjs so I am happy :) Sorry you got sick. There is a nasty stomach bug going around here. Congrats to your hubby and congrats to you for passing your test!! Right on! Happy Friday! You should definitely get a massage this weekend!!

@SNR: Hey!! So glad you are posting here again!! Missed you!! I know I shouldn't work on my days off but it makes going back easier. Plus I am hoping if I work on my vacation days my boss won't make me take vacation when we go to Denver in January. I need to save next year's vacation time for after the baby comes. I soooooooooo hope the not trying thing works for you guys! You deserve a LO so much! :) I hope you do letrozole again this cycle but also understand if you want to take the time off while saving up for ivf. That clinic that guarantees a baby in 6 cycles or your money back sounds amazing!!! But 6 cycles is what $120,000 or there abouts? Yikes! Hopefully your insurance will change back so the injections will at least be covered.

AFM: On vacation today but doing a little work. Its not too bad.. I'll have the dvr or netflix going. Then errands with dh this afternoon if he can get his work to a good stopping place. Then tonight we are going bowling for dh's brother's bday. Should be a fun time!

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks all for your concerns and yes everyone is home now and i would like to say well but we never received any definitive answers and my MIL will have to follow up with her PCP and cardiologist soon. so hopefully we will get answers. i forgot who asked about what minears was. My DH has small crystals that build up on his inner-ear and it causes him to have extreme vertigo, nausea spells in which he passes out from. he has had it for over 5 years but has been symptom free up until a few months ago and they have been getting worse. he has an appointment with his ENT on Jan 20 couldnt get him in any sooner but he seems to be ok for now. my cold still persists but its almost gone. I am currently on cd6 i believe or maybe 7 AF was a little longer than normal but not painful like last month thank god. looking forward to my appointment with the RE on wednesday to find out what protocol we will be using for the IVF. Hoping i will not need a lot of the injectable meds seeing my inusrance will cover everything but that it seems...

10 years ago

SMH: dont feel bad i have at this point abandoned the other board not out of disinterest but i just cant keep up over there and although it may sound mean all the girls i have been following and keeping tabs with are all here anyways!! hope that doesnt sound rude but it is the truth and right now i just cant keep up!!! i love bowling hope you have a fun time tonight... my sister used to love doing stuff like bowling or golfing while she was pregnant. she always said it made her feel better stretching her back out...lol dont over do it though!!!

blue: good luck with those night shifts!! i dont know how you do those i dont think i ever could hope all is going well for you!

10 years ago

@amag: Good to hear everyone is home. I hope your MIL's follow up appointments go well. Wow.. that is scary about the minears. I've had vertigo a couple times, once to where I couldn't walk for a day but that was back in high school. That bites he can't get into the ENT until 1/20/14. Hopefully they have a cancellation and he can get in sooner. And I pray he doesn't have anymore attacks. I am so excited for your appointment on Wednesday. I wonder what protocol they'll put you on? You'll probably require a decent amount of injecatbles because I think they want to overstim you with IVF so they can grab as many eggs as possible. Hopefully it won't cost you too much. Did you check with your insurance to see if they'll pay anything? Mine doesn't advertise they cover injectables at a higher copay but they do. Its $60 in lieu of the usual $5 or $20. Like the girl who did iui with donor sperm paid completely out of pocket for the injectables because she didn't bother to press the insurance company. How was the ivf class? I am with you, all the girls I've been following and are close to are here :)

User Image

10 years ago

smh: you know i think that might be what it is.. i think they cover them but a ,uch higher copay. i think its $50-60 a shot...we will see though when i find out exactly what meds she wants me on i can call the pharmacy and get all the copays on everything so i can be prepared...lol. the class went great. i actually loved it all. we spoke with one of the RE's one of the lab techs and a social worker. they went over everything from the exact process at every stage to the stresses of dealing with IVF and infertility to help you not get depressed during the process. i really enjoyed it and learned a lot. the only thing i can say i am nervous about well two thing actually. im nervous about doing the shots myself or dh doing them (even worse), and also the egg retrieval process. just because i have never used IV Sedation before so im nervous but i think when i actually go and speak with anesthesiologist ill be fine. Not only am i looking forward to it but my husband is as well...i think now that we are doing this we have such a more positive outlook because we know its in our grasp now!! if not the first cycle of ivf then withing the next couple. just feel more empowered by the whole thing

10 years ago

snr glad you have stepdaughters to keep you occupied (especially at those ages!) and the IVF plan sounds great! Hopefully you wouldn't need six cycles ;)

afmedic Cam and lawbride hello ladies! Have a good day :)

bluerose a weekend of night shifts? I have never read a more terrifying sentence! Hope it goes fast for ya!

SMH howdy! Yeah I know what you mean about being burned out and traumatized from school, and I didn't even spend 9 years there! When people ask you if you want a master's degree you probably just start screaming ;) Bowling is awesome! Do you bowl a lot? I used to bowl a LOT, I was on my college team and had an average of 190. Those were the days. I still have my own shoes and three balls with fingertip grips and varying degrees of hook potential. Maybe I could break 100.

amag glad you are looking forward to the IVF! I think it's just what you need to feel really empowered about all this :) That sounds awful re: your DH's ear crystals. Good heavens. Can they do anything to dissolve them? Vertigo is the WORST. Hope your MIL turns out alright too!

AFM CD 11 nothing to report. I have a couple of errands to run today but nothing too exciting. I need to make a TON of chocolate covered pretzels next week for xmas gifts so I need to buy the toppings today. All kinds of candies and nuts. Hooray? (I don't get to eat these pretzels so I can't get THAT excited about it) :-P

10 years ago • Post starter

luv: my husband has been looking into it and there appears to be a few alternative methods to help dissolve them but im not sure about them. one of the dr's i work for actually has the same thing and is on meds for his and hasnt had an episode in over 7 years... so im hoping it might be somthing we can do rather than surgery or anythign drastic. and thank you for the support my MIL is just as stubborn as her son when it comes to going to the DR. we had to force her to go to the ER. i just hope she keeps her appointments and does all the required testing! I did find a little trick to get her to do some things i may have to play it more often. you know the you want to be around for your future grandchildren dont you? that seemed to strike a cord with her and finally got her to agree to go to the ER in the first place. Maybe she will be good about it all now!!

10 years ago

Chocolate covered pretzels sound amazing... you can send some this way...lol!!!

10 years ago

@amag: Another trick my insurance used was that I had to order my injections through their mail order service, and if I got them through a local retail pharmacy they wouldn't cover them. Mine would cover up to 13 shots per month for $60. But even if your insurance covers them at $60 each that is still much less what they cost out of pocket. Don't be nervous abou the shots. The first one is nerve racking but you'll get the hang of it I promise :) And IV sedation is a snap too. I like it. When you wake up you'll feel so rested. At least I have after surgeries. I am so glad you two feel so empowered and enjoyed the class. I am SOOOOO excited for you! I already tried to get Luv to send me some pretzels and she used some lame excuse that they'd shatter in the mail.. Lol!! Just kidding luv!! :) Hugs to you both!

@luv: I don't bowl a lot.. haven't been in two years when we went for my BIL's bday. I am no good at it.. probably why I don't like it. Usually my first turn is a strike then I do horrible the rest of the time. Geez! You were a hard core bowler! I don't think I've ever broken 100 and I don't own any of my own stuff, though my dh does. Have fun with your pretzels!! Eat some for me. I prefer white chocolate pretzels.. actually they are my FAVORITE. I will have to add those to my list of must eats this holiday season :)

User Image

10 years ago

smh: yeah im hoping we will be able to figure it out seeing ill have about two weeks to figure out what insurance will or wont pay for after meeting with the RE... I had to try on the pretzels.. i love them especially covered in chocolate...lol

luv: dont worry about the pretzels i will understand...lol i was never a good bowler but my parents both bowled on leagues while i was little but i do love it.. always a good time...

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo