Community post

Discussion

Been at this a while...Private "Testers" Support G

View Full Post

Hey! So the "Testers" thread was getting way too big, and way too chaotic, so I decided to make this thread hidden away in the Long-Term board... Because I know a lot of us have been at this for a while and we had such a close knit group and I don't want to lose that. So if you ladies want to join me here, please do! Hope nobody is offended by my doing this, I just cannot keep up with the new folks and honestly a lot of them do not "get it" at all. :(

752 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 752 Replies | Last Page

sailors FX for your results tomorrow!!

mydarling I think trying temping again is a good idea, hey it can't hurt right? Hopefully you get good 7 DPO progesterone numbers too :) This is my second cycle on Clomid so I know what a nightmare it can be...the good news is the meds can really work wonders!

bluerose don't worry about erratic temps, that can happen through CD 10-11 before they finally calm down and settle in nice and low before O :)

All the cold ladies, I hear ya! Today it was way warmer but the windchill was still near zero. Boo. Especially when you're pre-O and your temps are down anyway!

JLH congrats to your DH! And sorry you were sick :( I hope AF packs up and ships out soon! Are you gonna try anything new this cycle?

snr I remember you! Not very well but I have never been great with names ;) Your story is just heartbreaking. I'm glad you felt comfortable again to rejoin our little society here! Obviously I am not a doctor let alone YOUR doctor but have you discussed doing IVF? You've just been trying so long and I want it to happen for you soon! It is pricey but so are those blasted injectables...you are a tough chick. Glad to see you back but sad you are still TTC. Thank you for your kind words :)

AFM my diet lately has been much more under control. Since I'm not exercising I am eating around 1500 calories a day which is working for me ("working" meaning I don't want to take a bite out of every pet or cardboard box I see, LOL). Trying to eat lots of salads and lean meats and such.

There is a girl I know IRL who has been trying for four years and done IVF twice with no success, and now the fertility clinic here refuses to take her as a client until she loses at least 15 pounds (she is morbidly obese). She wants to train with me for a session so I can teach her how to structure cardio workouts. Hopefully she will be really motivated, I know I would do ANYTHING to have a baby and she has been trying much longer so hopefully it'll work out for her. It's just crazy how things like weight can affect fertility so much. You can't weigh too much. You can't weigh too little. You can't have too great of weight changes in a short time frame. Then most fertility treatments make you gain weight but if you gain too much weight the doctors can refuse to treat you. The whole thing is nuts! It makes me want a donut :-P

10 years ago • Post starter

Welcome back Snr and thanks.
Jada I'm ok still nothing I usually have sore boobies by now but nothing we will see.

User Image

10 years ago

luv--wow, that must be so frustrating for her. Fortunately, 15 pounds isn't THAT much to lose if she's obese--most severely overweight people will drop 3-4 pounds in the first week alone and continuing to lose 2 pounds a week isn't that lofty of a goal. I know if it were me I'd be beyond motivated. It's insane how weight affects so many aspects of your health. It's purely the result of hormonal changes in response to weight/bodyfat loss/gain and for the most part the way the body responds makes a lot of sense but it can be so incredibly frustrating when your weight is beyond your control yet so much hinges on making it move a certain way. Way to go on your diet.

SNR--thank you and glad to see you back. Are you on letrozole this cycle?

JLHart--do you look forward to weekends alone? a massage would be fantastic. I vote YES!

10 years ago

Cam hopefully the lack of crazy boobs is a good sign! My boobs did nothing last cycle but I still had crazy progesterone levels, so I don't think there's a correlation there ;) I have high hopes for you with that awesome chart!

lawbride I thought the same thing, as far as being able to lose a lot of weight quickly! I think if she is properly motivated and works hard she can lose that 15 lb in one month. She is probably at least 150 lb overweight. It definitely would be frustrating just because she has done IVF before at the same weight and now this one clinic is like "nope!" They even have frozen embryos already! The whole weight thing is a great parallel to TTC, because both things are kind of beyond your control. You can determine what you do to optimize your chances of losing weight or of conceiving a child, but what actually happens cannot be controlled. Not good for type-A people like us ;)

10 years ago • Post starter

Luv--seriously. It's so terrible to have no control over something you want so badly...the thing with TTC is that it can be such a mystery. I was watching a documentary on women suffering from recurrent miscarriage and often it seems that no real REASON is given which makes it all the more frustrating, the same seems to be the case with people who just have trouble conceiving despite everything being seemingly "normal." I'm a nutcase when it comes to researching things I'm interested in and when it comes to TTC there are just so many things that have to occur in order for it to happen that I feel like it amounts to a huge black box. we know stuff but there's so much left to figure out. I hate being Type A because being a problem solver and confronted with a problem you can't fix is incredibly overwhelming, discouraging, and defeating.

10 years ago

Thanks for the welcome back. I'm considering doing letrozole this cycle. I would love to do ivf. We are going to take this year and try to save the money. It stinks because it's the same injections I was on in the beginning of the Year when I only had a tiny copay for them.

There is a couple clinics around here that do them and one place is a little more pricey but guarantees a baby in 6 cycles or your money back. I do believe that's the one we would like to do.

I am blessed to have two beautiful step daughters, who are 12 and 11.

User Image

10 years ago

Hope everyone is doing good. Just wanted to pop in really quick before work.

10 years ago

SNR---that's so wonderful that you have 2 step-daughters. They probably keep you extremely busy at that age.

afmedic--hey you! I hope you have a good day at work.

AFM...nothing new going on really. I get to go to costco this morning. Looking forward to it as it's probably one of my favorite stores and I'm not completely sure why. lol. Costco and Trader Joe's...my 2 loves :) I need to get some tea since coffee (decaf) hasn't been sounding great to me lately.

10 years ago

Good morning ladies :-) JUST know that we are never lucky but ALWAYS BLESSED. My your Friday the 13th be the best you've ever had, may everything you do today be productive and rewarding. I love you ladies and I wouldn't have asked for a better group to go through my journey with.
10dpo temp still at 98.6

User Image

10 years ago

@luvtowalkfast - good to know my temps still have a chance!

@snr4883 - I am happy to hear you have two stepdaughters!

@afmedic109- Have a great day at work!

@lawbride88- I don't think I have ever actually been to Costco. Have fun shopping!

@Camasia- Thanks for the positive words! I hope you have a fantastic day as well.

AFM, not a whole lot going on here. Just waiting to put the kid on the bus so I can go to bed and rest up for my weekend of night shifts.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo