Community post

Discussion

Been at this a while...Private "Testers" Support G

View Full Post

Hey! So the "Testers" thread was getting way too big, and way too chaotic, so I decided to make this thread hidden away in the Long-Term board... Because I know a lot of us have been at this for a while and we had such a close knit group and I don't want to lose that. So if you ladies want to join me here, please do! Hope nobody is offended by my doing this, I just cannot keep up with the new folks and honestly a lot of them do not "get it" at all. :(

752 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 752 Replies | Last Page

Cam last month it was CD 15 but I don't know if it'll happen sooner this month since it's the second one on Clomid :) I'm so excited for your temps! I hope you get that BFP in a few days!

10 years ago • Post starter

Thanks luv I hope so too otherwise going full speed ahead to the next time.:-)

User Image

10 years ago

SMH--well, it does matter because it changes my recommended weight gain from 25-35 pounds to 15-25 pounds...that's rather significant. I mean 10 pounds different is quite a bit. So while I can "forget" about it in terms of those pounds not mattering anymore, and I've somewhat done that, I can't forget in that it impacts what's healthy for me now that I have gained that weight. Does that make sense? I got my paper done. Yippee. I hope you get the day off tomorrow..that's always nice, to be at home when the world is working :) hehe.

Luv--no I did not mean it in a condescending way. When you're thinking something MIGHT have been condescending it's probably best to assume the person did not mean it the way you initially read it. ;) Seriously, I'm not saying that to be mean but you'll probably respond in a way that's much harsher than you intend and equally "condescending" if you take the mindset that the person meant something in a negative tone. That's too bad that you don't like Indian food...I was the same way before I tried it. I just hated the smell and the look of it and was too afraid to even give it an honest shot...now I LOVE it more than almost anything except sushi, mozzarella cheese, and salmon. It's that good!

10 years ago

Just a quick one before I get started on dinner...just had a quick read through and will post individually after bedtime, ive never tried idian food either, it smells lush though!!

Xxx

10 years ago

lawbride I understand that you weigh more than you want to, but those pounds really aren't significant. There are a lot of women who gain 50+ pounds when pregnant especially if they weren't overweight to start with. I will try not to mention my weight loss anymore if it upsets you but honestly I gained 50 pounds in one year when TTC and I am finally starting to lose it again (I am still technically overweight, by the way, even after the weight loss). It worries me that you're so concerned about reasonable pregnancy weight gain after spending so long at such a lean weight that you didn't ovulate. I know those 16 pounds feel terrible to you but you needed them to be healthy and get pregnant. I just really do worry about you because you can be thin or you can be pregnant, it's not possible to be both at once and I hope you can handle it when you get really far along :( I'm in the business so I know about body dysmorphic disorder and it requires strategies to deal with. Maybe some prenatal yoga classes would help you feel a bit more in control of the situation? It would probably also be very soothing...something I think we all need at this time of year ;)

I will not comment on your response to me re: Indian food because it rendered me speechless.

Cam I hope you don't need a "next cycle" but your attitude is so great. Have a great day today!!!

sailors hello and have a good night!

Luv--I'm COMPLETELY fine with gaining an appropriate amount. Just pointing out that that amount has changed considerably because of the weight gain. I didn't make the weight recommendations and honestly wish they didn't exist but I suppose they exist for a reason, right? I have to assume that the powers at be know more about pregnancy than I do and according to those powers I'm supposed to gain only 15-25 pounds, actually toward the lower end of that because I'm short. So, I'm not dreading or even stressing that to be honest. I expect to gain weight but I do have to be cautious during this trimester when the recommended weight gain is minimal. Does that make sense? I hope I didn't offend you about the Indian food comment--I was merely explaining my experience with it and how I HATED it at first--I didn't give it a shot and I'm not saying that you did that but I'm just saying that I was put off by it initially. I wasn't trying to upset you in making any comment. Not one bit.

10 years ago

lawbride but I think what SMH was saying is the weight gain recommendations are from the time of conception until delivery. If you gained some weight before conception, it still doesn't "count toward" the pregnancy gain. And I was not referring to your direct response about Indian food, just to the scolding immediately prior about my interpretation which turned out to completely justify my interpretation.

luv--I'm not "counting it toward" the pregnancy weight gain recommendations. I must have misspoken. We can just stop talking about the Indian food thing because it seems to be making matters worse, not better and I don't like tension/arguments. I apologize that I did not express myself well. As I said before, I was not intending to be condescending, rude, or otherwise hurtful.

10 years ago

Hi mydarlingqueen...sorry for your long journey, hope you get the support you need from here.

@cam, I hope you get your bfp!!

@af, hope you manage to get some bding in over you O period. Shame the inlaws are there though

@nicolene, how are you feeling today?

Afm. Not much to report, just a waiting game for us now but we gave began charting :) a little early but hopefully ill have the hang if it by the time I get tgat elusive 0.

10 years ago

hey ladies i am here.. so sorry it took me so long this is the first time i have signed on here in soo long... i have had a crazy dramatic week !! first of all let me say love i agree 100% the dynamic we had was always so reassuring and i felt lost on the other forum!! i will be going back to catch up on you ladies so i can be caught up with you!! I have been sick for the past week, DH had an ambulance called for him at work the other day becasue of a major minears attack and his mother was admitted in the hospital over the weekend so we are just now settling down again!!! ugh hope you are all doing well

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo