Community post

Discussion

Does anyone else feel like a crazy person???!!!

View Full Post

I think I might be pregnant ....I'm probably not ....could be, I'm late and crampy ....or maybe I ovulated later than I thought ...My breast feels sore, I gotta be pregnant ...maybe it's sore from me poking at it to see if it's sore. LOL! Anyone else mentally wrestling yourself ?!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

9961 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

9821 - 9830 of 9961 Replies | Last Page

Phat, I can not begin to imagine how you're feeling right now. Did they separate out the risk from just the test alone before adding in your age?

I can't bring myself to say I'm sorry, only because every person with DS that I have ever met is an amazing, full of life, beautiful person. They have so much in the way of support and early therapy now that the diagnosis is not nearly as bad as it used to be. That being said, I know it must still be devestating to hear there is a chance that you will be having a special needs child,so for that alone, I'm sending you huge hugs!

I'll be hoping for a false positive, but if it's not, I'll be hoping for peace for you in the new direction your life will be going.

Hugs!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

7 years ago

You are definitely not alone love. Only just started ttc a couple of months ago and I feel like I've turned into a crazy lady! lmao. I feel like you ladies are the only ones I can talk to as I don't think the hubby quite understands the craziness that comes upon ttc.

7 years ago

You are definitely not alone love. Only just started ttc a couple of months ago and I feel like I've turned into a crazy lady! lmao. I feel like you ladies are the only ones I can talk to as I don't think the hubby quite understands the craziness that comes upon ttc.

7 years ago

Lisserb - the positive predictive value for the test as a whole for Down syndrome is greater than 99% with a .2% false positive rate. This test does not give odds. It shows low, moderate, high risk. Mine was in the high risk category and says that Trisomy 21 was detected which means there were more of those chromosomes than there should have been in the sample.

Before I had testing done, at the age of 42, carrying a baby to term with DS was a 1 in 62 risk. The genetic counselor had a calculator she used where she put in my age and the test result for my specific test to gt the 97%.

There are various independent studies for this type of test. It's more accurate for older women based on the fact that we are more likely to have babies with chromosomal defects. It is best at detecting DS out of the ones for which it tests.

7 years ago

Was this the materniT21 test? Did you have a nuchal translucency scan too?

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

7 years ago

It's the same thing as Materni21. Quite a few labs do the same type of testing.

She would not be still enough for the NT scan. The tech said it looked normal to her, but she couldn't get the profile shot she needed for the measurement.. Only about 50-60% of Down syndrome cases are picked up on ultrasound by any soft markers, though. The doc said if the NT had been too thick, he would have ordered the NIPT test I had done to check for chromosomal abnormalities, and that test is more reliable than ultrasound.

7 years ago

@phat- you and I have been talking about everything going on so I'm just going to post a big hug!! Love you sweetheart

@pinkster- How are you doing sweetheart? I just want to bang my head up against the wall for you. I've had lines on those types of tests before and my hcg was 0 so I dont trust them but I was SO sure this was it for you ! I really do wonder about a chemical pregnancy because I could easily see your lines. Big hugs honey! . Check in when you can and let us know you're okay love .

@sunaet- I'm on the birth control to keep my hormones in check while on break. My testosterone went bonkers last year so my RE put me on spironolactone for off cycles. However, it causes AF every 2 weeks so the birthcontrol keeps everything normal. Oh trust me..I understand the benefit of healthy weight. I'm in the medical field, my husband is a certified personal trainer, and I use to be a gymnast lol. I do exercise, stay active and eat healthy. I rarely eat out and cook everything homemade. However, pcos causes your body to hold onto every bit of carbs you eat instead of burning it or flushing it out through your urine. The sugar gets stored in your fat cells. In my case...as belly fat. Which I know is the worst health wise. I dont eat tons of carbs either. I do like pasta every now and then and I do enjoy an icecream cone every now and then of homemade icecream ( WHO DOESNT!!?? ). I have many people around me that eat horribly and seem fit as a fiddle. But they dont have a metabolic disorder like I do. The medication I started basically helps my body flush the excess sugar that it would normally hold on to. Since I started taking it 2 weeks ago...I've been eating healthy as I usually do and doing my daily yoga but I've lost 5 pounds. I'm still working hard towards my goals...the medication just helps keep my pcos under control in the meantime.

I did find out something interesting! My dr called with my bloodwork and my thyroid is jacked up. We knew it was on the low end of normal a couple years ago but they didnt worry about it at the moment. Now...it's below normal! So I'm waiting for the thyroid antibody results to come back to find out what the heck else is wrong with my body! Oh...and I have a Vit D defiency. Probably cause we've been stuck inside with this crazy heat! lol.

@lisserb- Perfectly put honey!

@diam0nd- Welcome sweetie! Dh was sooo clueless as to the craziness when we first started. He's definitely joined my crazy train though during our treatment cycles lol.

On another note..you know how we always say that we should just become crack addicts so we can finally have a baby because they seem super fertile? Well I'm actually going through that now. lol. Dh's cousin (who is not an addict and also had 0 swimmers based on his S/A from his previous marriage) dated an addict that his mom introduced him to (who she had met in jail for drug charges). They had a few dates last June and parted ways. A few months later, she was married to another addict and pregnant! Dh's cousin found out how far along she was and the dates matched up to when they were together but she denied it. Fast forward to May of this year. His cousin gets a phone call from the ex GF and she says, "I wanted you to know, you have a son". Dh's cousin got sooo excited cause he has wanted a child of his own for so long (tried for a while with his ex wife). When he went to meet the baby, she stood him up. He tried to get a hold of her but couldnt. Two weeks ago, they still couldnt find her and he found out she was back in jail and so was her husband. He got ahold of her husband's grandma who took him to the baby to due a cheek swab dna test. It came back 99.9% that he is the father. Dh's cousin got a lawyer but before anything could be done, the husband called him and said, "hey, if they kid is yours, you can have him". The babymama is in jail serving 7 years for drug charges. As long as the blood work confirms it, he'll be able to basically adopt his son and file for full custody. And tomorrow, the husband is handing over the baby to dh's cousin. Here's another interesting part...dh's cousin, lives with my mother and father in law! He fell on hard times financially after his divorce and so they let him move in. So my inlaws are going to have a 5 month old baby boy living with them and my mother in law is going to take care of him during the days while daddy is at work. She cant always help though, so I'm stepping in to help out. So between watching my 4 year old nephew and newborn niece...I'll also be helping with my cousin's 5 month old baby boy. I'm surrounded by babies and non of them are mine! LOL. Crazy right?! Things are bit overwhelming right now because it's been over 30 years since my MIL cared for a baby and dh's cousin has no idea what he's doing. They both look like a deer in headlights. Soooo...Tara to the rescue!

I hope everyone is doing good! Miss sharing my crazy tww's with you girls! Hopefully soon!!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

7 years ago • Post starter

Tara - I'm thankful those babies have you but so wish they were yours.

7 years ago

Lol! I love your post! Yes! I feel exactly the same way! So glad to hear I'm not alone haha!

7 years ago

Phat, have you ever heard of Madeline Stuart?

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo