Community post

Discussion

Does anyone else feel like a crazy person???!!!

View Full Post

I think I might be pregnant ....I'm probably not ....could be, I'm late and crampy ....or maybe I ovulated later than I thought ...My breast feels sore, I gotta be pregnant ...maybe it's sore from me poking at it to see if it's sore. LOL! Anyone else mentally wrestling yourself ?!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

9961 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

9541 - 9550 of 9961 Replies | Last Page

phatgurl- thank u :)

2Frsty- gona be honest, I have no idea wat phenergan suppositories are. When it comes to any kind of drugs I'm very skeptical, specially after my miscarriage. I don't even feel safe taking Tylenol for headaches, it scares me to think it could harm the baby. I feel safer toughing it out for 5 more months, it's more of personal choice I guess
I hate it when doctors try to push medicine on u like if u don't take ur a bad mom or person in general. This one nurse was putting an IV on me and without even asking me she went and tried putting nausea medicine in my IV, so I very quickly turn to her and say "oh no thank u, I'm good" and she said "aren't u nauseous?" And I said yes but I read that some nausea medicine can cause birth defects in babies and then she asked me the stupidest question I have ever been asked in my life "oh so u like throwing up?" and she could not have said it with more attitude, I swear I was ready to punch that lady in the face! I've been getting this kind of talk from one too many doctors and it does bug me that they take it so personal and don't even try to sympathize.
Can't wait to find out how many babies are in there :) And December is not that far away!

Pinkster- thank u, ur sweet! I'm trying to hold out until week 20, I read that women that have severe morning sickness that follows them into the second trimester usually starts to ease at 20 weeks so that's what I'm hoping and praying for we will see.
About that test, I immediately went to look at it and there is definitely a second line there! Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed, that it only gets darker and it's not an annoying evap. Have u gotten evap lines before with the brand ur using?

Sorry, can u guys tell I haven't talked this out with anybody, I'm just ranting on and on.

8 years ago

Went for my scan this morning, and my follicles have actually shrunk from 3 days ago. The 10mm ones are now about 8mm. I have at least 8 follicles on my right & 14 on my left. I'm not sure what the doc is going to do, and I cannot afford another monitored cycle any time soon, so who knows what the fuck will come of this. I've emailed the nurse & told her if I get to choose, I want a Clomid booster since my follies definitely grew with it even though it took a while. My lining is at 12.3 from taking the Estrace. There is a slight possibility I've O'd already. There was a questionable area on my right ovary which just maybe could be a corpus luteum cyst but they couldn't say. They did not check my progesterone to see whether I O'd though, so who the fuck can tell? I'll tell y'all what they say when I hear from them. I have a feeling they're going to cancel the cycle.

Pinkster - I see a shadow/something on your test. I hope it's a positive!

8 years ago

Phat-that sucks, exactly where does that leave you other then pissed orf, go for the clomid but no point til new cycle I woulda thought? If the follies shrunk does that mean you already ov'd? have they suggested anything or what to try next, I know your mega frustrated lovely but keep on at them, we don't get that sort of care here even though Ive paid into the national health service all my life, we only get any real help if we go private and that costs mega amounts, good luck lovely, the clomid will be enough next month
Hopeful-I know what you mean, sometimes people can be very off like that doc I had when I was late after clomid(last cycle) she was quite cold n spiteful and I won't ever deal with her again now, you stick to your guns girl and do what makes you happy, in turn will make your sticky bean happy -x-x-
Hope for us yet ladies if Janet Jackson can do it 50

8 years ago

My doc suggested cancelling the cycle but went ahead and agreed to let me do 5 days of Clomid & come back in 6-7 days for another scan. They don't have a clue why my follicles shrank. I'm picking up the meds tonight.

Pinkster - yes, Clomid this cycle can still work. It might; it might not. Only time will tell. After this cycle I cannot afford to pay $270 for a baseline scan and $180 for each additional scan + hundreds for the IUI. So I'm going to try it. After this, we'll be trying on our own for quite some time.

8 years ago

Hi all! May I? I've read half the posts here and I feel that all of you are extremely supportive and knowledgeable and would love to join you!

@2firsty & Mandy & Hopefully - congratulations. I wish you a very happy & healthy 9 months!

@phat & pinkster - good luck!

I'm 45 and trying for #2. I currently don't know what's going on with my body so I hope you can help me figure it out! So last Thursday I was CD18 and waiting to O when I started bleeding - not spotting but bleeding, period-like bleeding but no other signs of AF. I was shocked and upset as my cycles are usually 32 days and having AF show up at CD18 meant that I didn't O and so we lost another month! I usually bleed for 7 days but this time around by Sunday the bleeding had stopped. Yesterday afternoon I went to the bathroom and had globs of EWCM but my OPK was negative. This morning, however, my OPK was positive! WTF??? Thankfully, DH was home so we got some BD before I left for work but now I'm not sure what's going on with my body. Is it possible to O on CD8? Or was last week's bleeding episode a cyst? This has never happened to me before. I'm confused. Has this happened to any of you before?

8 years ago

Hoping - welcome!! I've never had that happen, but it sounds like you've just had a crazy cycle, and I'd assume the OPK is correct. Are you also temping?

8 years ago

Hoping- hi and thank u! Yes it's possible to O at CD 8, and I say that from my personal experience, I always used OPK's and some cycles I would O early and other cycles I would O CD30. It always depended on my stress level that month or if something big happened. Did u maybe have a rough couple a weeks? It would maybe explain the weird cycle.

8 years ago

Hopeful--> Phenergan is an antihistamine (blocks allergens) that was created years and years ago. While it was made to help allergies, they found that it was much more effective as an anti-nausea medication. If you're an Anti-Medicine Nazi (I totally mean that with all the love I can muster - I'm totally screwing with you!), then you may or may not want to attempt to use them. Phenergan is probably what the nurse was trying to give you IV. To my knowledge (which is NOT infallible by any means), Phenergan has not been linked to any birth defects; I believe what you may be thinking of is Zofran, which is a much newer drug. I actually used it for a very brief time during my pregnancy with Bubby; I didn't stop taking it because of a fear of harm to baby (that was before they knew about that part), but because (and PLEASE don't shoot me) - I was one of a VERY small number of women worldwide who didn't have morning sickness at all! The only time I was queasy was when I took my prenatals. They put Phenergan in suppositories that can be inserted rectally, which allows the meds to work without the risk of throwing it all right back up. And as for the use of meds, I completely understand. I'm not as against their use as you are, but I do consider myself to be a "naturalist", relying more on the use of natural methods such as essential oils, etc. Oh, and you should've totally gone to the Patient Advocate's Office of whatever they call it at your hospital and made a complaint against that nurse. Don't EVER let anyone talk to you like that, especially when it involves making a decision about your body! You have every right to be treated with respect, even if you're deciding AGAINST their advise!!

Hoping--> I only ask this because of my own experience over the last few days, but have you taken a pregnancy test? AF showed in full force (like, "somebody bring me a bucket" kinda bleeding) for me on 10 DPO after my IUI last cycle and I got a that morning. I completely gave up on TTC altogether after that; DH and I were TTC for 12 years before we conceived our son, and we had been TTC for over 2 years for #2 already. I just couldn't keep going. My RE wanted to put me on Clomid and Femara starting on day 5 of my "period" and go through CD 9. I declined and cancelled my appointments. I had some weird random bleeding on what I thought was CD 15 of the new cycle, and my MIL insisted I POAS - it was a blazing ! I know the chances of that happening again to someone else are slim to none, but it couldn't hurt to check! As far as O-ing on CD 8, it's totally possible! My BFF did, and because she relied on her CM to tell her when she was about to O, she managed to get pregnant that cycle. Trust your body! The day you O can vary a whole lot, but your LP shouldn't change much at all. Keep us updated!!

phat--> Your little ovaries sure aren't gonna give up them eggs willingly, huh?? And the cost for this whole "infertility" nonsense is staggering!! Question though: Since they're thinking it's possible that you've already O'd, is the Clomid going to cause any issues with implantation of any fertilized eggs you may have achieved??

AFM: It's finally starting to settle in that I'm going to have a baby in December. It's also dawning on me that the money I had been planning to use to pay for my boob job, I'll be using instead to set up the new baby's nursery. Oh, and did I mention that the room will be using for the nursery looks like a "Hoarder's Haven" and is full of homeless junk! I've definitely got my work cut out for me, that's for sure.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Linda

8 years ago

2Frsty - the doc did not see anything that would cause him to think I O'd and told me to go ahead with the Clomid. My corpus luteum cysts have been very clear and well-defined on past scans. What the nurse and I saw was not, and she wasn't even sure what she was seeing. I wish I had asked for a progesterone test while I was there. I realize it's a category X drug, so I asked one more time yesterday afternoon before picking it up if they felt confident with me taking it & whether they wanted me to come in for a blood draw. I suppose there is always a chance he's wrong. I'll just have to deal with that if it happens.

Here's to hoping this Clomid works!!

8 years ago

@phatgurl, hopefull and 2Firsty - thank you for the warm welcome!

@phatgurl - I am tempting. However, since I usually don't start tempting until CD6 - I don't have much information this cycle. My temps are low and, in fact, today it took a dip so today may be O day.

@hopeful - The only stressful thing I can think of is my baby starting school March 1st. It was very rough letting her go into the world after being home with just the two of us for 17 months!

@Firsty - I read your story. How amazing was that? God is truly incredible - when you least expect it, he comes in and surprises you! But, no, I haven't tested since my normal cycle ended in mid-March. I mean - I did test a LOT then but not since. I will test this evening when I get home from work but I doubt that I am. My temps have been below the cover line but hey - what's one more test!

AFM - so I tested again when I got home from work last night and sure enough my OPK was blazing positive so we BD again last night! I tested again this a.m. and it was still positive but both DH & baby were sleeping soundly so we didn't BD this a.m. My temp went down too so I assume today will be O day. I don't think we will get a chance to BD tonight as we have a birthday party and with a 17-month old running around BD at will gets a little tricky! Hopefully doing it twice in one day will be enough because quite frankly the constant BPN are starting to get to me.

Anyway, I wish everyone a wonderful Friday & weekend.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo