Community post

Discussion

Does anyone else feel like a crazy person???!!!

View Full Post

I think I might be pregnant ....I'm probably not ....could be, I'm late and crampy ....or maybe I ovulated later than I thought ...My breast feels sore, I gotta be pregnant ...maybe it's sore from me poking at it to see if it's sore. LOL! Anyone else mentally wrestling yourself ?!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

9961 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

6941 - 6950 of 9961 Replies | Last Page

@holly- yep, on March 17th actually, they called and said I tested positive for heterozygous double mutation of the C677T and A1298C, which the 2nd most serious combination to have. Of course, they only prescribed me baby aspirin (which I was taking) and folgard (which is supposedly the wrong form of folate and doesnt help, despite it being the most used treatment). But I plan to demand real folate supplements next time...not folic acid. From what I read...the thrombophilia disorders are one of the major causes of miscarriage and should be watched closely. Many are prescribed levenox to thin the blood. I going to ask to be tested for what you tested positive for.

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

10 years ago • Post starter

Holly, I have factor v leiden. I am on a daily aspirin and Lovenox at the first bfp test. You should be too. Factor v alone can cause implantation issues, miscarriage and clotting issues, as well as placental issues once pregnant.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago

Tara, they need to run a full thrombophilia screening on you. In addition to FVL, I have a protein S deficiency too. I've never had a clot, but my risk level is significant, especially pregnant.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago

Doctor called.....

Update- my hcg came back at 3 and right after I got the results, I went to bathroom and was bleeding. So now I'm the mommy to 5 angels. At least I can say that when it comes time for me to pass away...besides heaven, I'll be so excited to meet my babies. I'm doing okay. I did most of my grieving over the weekend. I'm bleeding a lot but the advil is helping with the cramping. How ironic is it that I start m/s bleeding on the day of the blood moon? Wth?

My doctor called me today (worse time to call) and had a phone consult. As I expected, she said that she recommends an RE to do IVF cause she does not at all believe that it could be a thrombophilia causing it (she's one of those doctors). She feels it's bad quality eggs..STILL! I told her no RE yet. If we can figure out what's going on and have a successful IUI for a couple grand compared to $15K, I'd prefer that. She wont run the thrombophilia on me yet. She said it's probably not covered by my insurance meaning it would be about $3000 out of pocket. So she said to save me money, she wants to run a karyotype first. If mine is free of defects then she'll test dh. AFTER that, she'll order a thrombophilia panel. I finally got her to agree to it after reminding her of my family history of blood clots. I may just demand to have an IUI with levenox treatments afterwards that way if I do have another clotting disorder...I'm hopefully good to go. I mean honestly, it cant hurt it can only help. I know they say, DO NO HARM, but Levenox wouldnt harm me. If we get through all this and still nothing...then we'll move to an RE.

So tomorrow, I'll go for my karyotype testing tomorrow. According to labcorps website, it takes 7-10 days for results. Which is crazy cause some places I read take 2 months! I scared to know the results. Dh and I decided that if we have to go to an RE, that we will tell our families what has been going on. It'll suck but I dont know if I'll be able to hide outpatient egg retrieval. Part of me hopes it's just the MTHFR and that levenox will do the trick!

Why on earth did no one ever tell me that it could be so hard to have a child. No one in my family has ever had issues as bad as mine! Well, since I'm out of the race for a bit, and it's getting nicer out...I plan to start walking 4 miles a day again. I'm 150lbs and 5'1' and it'd be nice to lose another 20. At least it would get my doctors off my back.

This sucks.

Tara, I'm so sorry you are encountering challenges with the docs doing the testing you requested.

When my genetic testing was done, they used Counsyl
https://www.counsyl.com/

I can't remember how much the test was, but it was expensive. Apparently, they have some kind of policy that if the testing is not covered by your insurance company, they charge less. My insurance did not pay it and my bill was $99! That was it. It was well worth it. You may want to contact them for a consult to see what they say about the tests you want and the maximum out of pocket you will pay if insurance does not cover it.

AFM - Had my Neupogen Wash today. I'll fill you ladies in later on how that went. I'm headed out to my acupuncture appointment.

Check you all out later!

User Image

10 years ago

Neupogen wash? lol! I had to google that one! Apparently, insurance completely covers my karyotype test...it's just the thrombophilia that isnt. Which you'd think would be the other way around . If the karyotype comes back normal and we decide to do the thrombophilia...we'll probably have to charge it to the credit card. Which sucks...but it's the only way. I hope I can talk them into levenox without the testing. I know she wants to save me money but if I go to an RE, I'll have to have a clotting panel done anyways and we'd have to pay then. Why not just get it out of the way?

Dh is thinking about getting a 2nd job to help costs...which I HATE! I feel like I rarely see him as is with our schedules. I could quit watching my nephew and put massage on the back burner while I work elsewhere. But in all honesty...I make more watching him than I would elsewhere probably. I only made $600 a month as a fulltime vet tech and I make over $600 as a part time nanny. I just need to use my off time to have more Jamberry parties and see more massage clients. Jesus...bring me business!!!

Is finding another Dr an option? I would fight to get the Lovenox regardless of whether or not you get a throbophilia screen done. There is zero point to you doing an IVF if they can't help you with the miscarriage/implantation issues. Your eggs are obviously working just fine when you ovulate, since you get pregnant. IVF is not going to miraculously give you good eggs that cycle and I would personally not go that route until and unless they are willing to help you stay pregnant. A chemical after IUI is bad enough, a chemical after IVF is huge.

I know I keep suggesting things for you to do/take, so feel free to ignore me, but if you are interested, I was taking coenzyme q10 and flaxseed oil for a few months before I got pg. coq10 is supposed to help egg quality.

10 years ago

I LOVE your advice Lisserb!!!
I plan to get a high risk ob once I get a sticky one. Found one near Parints that does take clotting disorders seriuosly. Too bad he's not a gyno too :/

Depending on how things go...I may look into another doctor that will work with Parints.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo