Community post

Discussion

Does anyone else feel like a crazy person???!!!

View Full Post

I think I might be pregnant ....I'm probably not ....could be, I'm late and crampy ....or maybe I ovulated later than I thought ...My breast feels sore, I gotta be pregnant ...maybe it's sore from me poking at it to see if it's sore. LOL! Anyone else mentally wrestling yourself ?!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

9961 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

6991 - 7000 of 9961 Replies | Last Page

I have no idea to be honest. The body does crazy things BUT, i remember the first time I was preggies, I had very minor symptoms (weight loss was one of the big ones in fact) and I tested negative for the first 4 weeks. I felt something was off when I didn't get a period but didn't think I was pregnant. I took a test anyway and I got a very faint line 3 times. I thought because it wasn't a dark line that I wasn't pregnant this was AT LEAST 25 dpo. I waited another month and still no AF so I KNEW something was wrong and went to Planned Parenthood to find out I was BFP! I couldn't believe it. There are no rules. The body does what it wants and I find that unless a women is REALLY in tune with her body, most women who were actually pregnant didn't even notice until until they missed a period and sometimes after. I recommend to stop worrying about and if you are, you will KNOW by a BFP after not having a period. That's my experience.

10 years ago

@probablyinmyhead- you're about 2 years too late on the advice sweetie LOL. But thank you for your post! Crazy awesome bfp story there. :)

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

10 years ago • Post starter

Well I just got home. The trip to the doctor went much better than planned. They ended up doing a vaginal ultrasound to look around. There wasn't any sac (which I had figured.. I had passed some clots so I was pretty positive I'd already naturally miscarried) and then he wanted to talk to me. He said since I've had two miscarriages in a row, he wants to run some tests. He wants to check me for thrombophilia, and he wants to see me again on monday. He said that if he can't find anything with the tests he wants to run, he wants to put me on a baby aspirin and progesterone suppository to make sure my levels are ok as soon as I get another bfp.. I of course have to wait a couple months for my system to get back to normal before we can try again.

So he sounds like he's got a bunch of ideas to look into.. I feel so relieved that I didn't have to fight to get some tests run. It feels great to know I've got someone knowledgable on my side.

I also got to spen a lovely hour at the hospital to get my rhogam shot! Oh the joys of being a negative blood type!

10 years ago

@staggart- I'm sorry it was bad news but I'm glad your doctor is so awesome! I had to fight my dr to get tests run and she still wont do a thrombophilia panel cause she's the type of dr that doesnt believe it causes early miscarriages. I completely disagree but she said she'd run it if all other tests came back negative. The reason being...my insurance likely wont cover it and I'll have to pay oh $3000 for it. I'd rather jump straight to using Levenox injections since I'm already positive for mthfr.
If you by chance have sex around your fertile period. Dont worry. From all the research I've done, including talking to doctors...it's safe to try again after a chemical pregnancy as long as you dont have any clots larger than a baseball. The only reason doctors tell you to wait is when you do get pregnant again, it's easier for them to figure the due date and because they want you to heal emotionally. But you do whatever makes you feel comfortable honey :)

To be honest...after the first couple miscarriages, I couldnt have sex for a couple weeks. I just wasnt emotionally stable enough to have dh inside of me. It's still weird.

Yeah, I know after having had two so close together, I need some time to heal emotionally.. I am not ready to jump right back to it. I want to dig in and research and get these tests done.. I want to figure out as much as I can about what's going on before we start trying again.. I really don't wanna lose any more little ones because I jumped the gun and we didn't t have a good idea of what's causing this to happen.. :( I want to have a plan of action.. I'm just so glad that I live now when there are so many things that can be done to help fertility. I can't imagine what it would have been like a hundred years ago or even fifty.

Thank you so much for your advice and your words of encouragement. It really helps to have someone to talk to.

10 years ago

Hi ladies. I haven't posted much lately because I don't know much about the recent topics.

I hope everyone is feeling well today. We just got finished moving and I'm exhausted. In other news, had an ultrasound yesterday and saw an actual baby moving around and kicking in there. I have another ultrasound on a better machine next tuesday. I'll post pics when I have them.

10 years ago

@memph- awesome honey! Glad things are going so well!

AFM- I'm confused. I called my dr today to ask for the code for the thrombophilia bloodwork. She said it was 629.81. I called my insurance company and they said I was completely covered! So I called my dr back and told her I wanted it asap since it was no cost to me. The nurse then tells me that it was ordered with karyotype last week ...I was shocked because the dr told me she wouldnt order it until the karyotype came back.
So she is going to look some stuff up and see what I actually got tested for. She said it was the Protein S and C activity, Antithrombin 3, and Prothrombin Factor 2. I believe I saw protein, karyotype and facto 2 written on the paperwork at the lab. SO....I guess I got everything done. I also talked to the insurance company about Lovenox. A month's supply at my pharmacy will run me $40/month. Which I'm perfectly fine with! I've also found something very interesting. Apparently a known cause of placental abruption is clotting disorders such as MTHFR, protein s&c deficiencies, etc. Now, get this....

My grandma had 3-5 miscarriages and suffered from strokes.
Both grandfathers have had strokes and heart attacks.
AND....My mother suffered a placental abruption at 35 weeks and almost died! My sister survived.

I think blood clotting definitely runs in my family! I'm demanding lovenox!

I would definitely demand Lovenox right from the start of your next IUI cycle, Tara. If your dr won't, request a referral to a hematologist. I'm glad she did that testing anyway.

S.taggart, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad they are testing you too.

Memphrika glad the ultrasound was good for you. :)

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago

@lisserb- I found a high risk ob that takes patients with mthfr etc. but he only takes pregnant patients. So I'm thinking of calling for more info!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo