Community post

Discussion

Mid Month Madness!

View Full Post

Welcome :) this a group dedicated to those who test around the middle of the month!

32yrs old DH 36 TTC #1 TTC since Oct 2011 - diagnosed anovulatory Feb 2013 6th cycle clomiphene Party trick - mood swings par excellence! Located: Palmerston North, NZ User Image

1172 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

91 - 100 of 1172 Replies | Last Page

Divact I can't believe that your ex friend said that, that's just horrible.

Dogmom I can't believe that your family did that too you and to bring it up in front of the whole family is horrid.

So impatient I think I'd rather be myself in high school again I was sooooo skinny and I use to think I looked horrid boy was I wrong! I think since I was 18 I've beefed up about 15kgs *sigh*

Autumn when is ur period due?

Makiet with testing.

So unlike Divact and Dogmom I have the opposite problem with my DH's side of the family. They have sat my DH down and told him that we are too young for children and that under no circumstances are we to try for children or have children. Wait till u hear the best part as the reason as to why we shouldn't have kids. It's coz they don't want MY genetics to f*ck up their grandchild!!! And also coz they want to be at least in their 80's before they become grandparents (they are currently in their 60's)
Wait till u hear my genetic f*ck ups:
Too short
Poor eyesight
Rude
Ugly
And wait for it too fat.
*sigh*
Anyway I try to push that to the back of my mind (I don't have the nicest in-laws to say the least) but I should add this is the same women who wore a white dress to my wedding. Sorry went a little off topic.
to everyone testing. I think I might be out for this month my temp dropped yesterday and today which is usually a sign that my period will be on its way

27 years old and DH is 27 years oldDS 6 months oldTTC #2 Diagnosed with PCOS DH low sperm count <a href=

10 years ago

Let's agree to disagree on that one Divact. I appreciate your kind words though. I have been fairly good with the gym this week, but I'll be better next week. At least there's no period to dread as yet, so no excuses there. One of the few benefits of my ridiculously loooong wait to O!!

I had a look on my OPK and I think I might be on the turn and will surge tomorrow. I might try and drain dh of his final reserves then. Definitely couldn't today. Dogmom and Divact, can't take him through force or seduction, when he's sick or even when he's just not in the right frame of mind, it's like dragging a particularly stubborn mule up a very steep hill.

Divact I agree with the scientific method. Autumn, reduce the variables in your ttc lab!

Makiet I get the confusion. We're all going nuts and it's so close to your test date. We all knew what you meant! Not feeling pregnant is meaningless though!this could be it!

Dogmom - in your Aunt's defence, maybe it's coming from love? She doesn't want you to end up like her? I'm terrified of turning into that type of nutbag. Actually I was watching Meet the Russians- this reality show about Russians in London (yes, I watch a lot of TV) and one of the couples was infertile (3 miscarriages over 10 yrs ttc). Really sad, but it explained the menagerie they had, including pushing little rabbits around in a doll's pram! I hope the woman gets her baby eventually! I just don't want to end up like that.

Dogmom- you should hold the baby - rub it against you for some of that magic can you imagine? If you started doing that (while inhaling the top of its head deeply and muttering about baby dust), noone would let you near it anyway!

Bindy I don't want to actually be me at 21- although I do miss my bod... I'd hate to go through all that hard work again and I'm much smarter and accomplished now. I'm sure you actually feel the same. My MIL and FIL are the same about telling us not to rush into anything. They're morons but mostly they want to protect my psycho SIL who hates my guts and everyone else for that matter because she's too f---ed up for a relationship, so she goes around saying early 30s is too young to have children. I hope you don't care what your stupid inlaws think about you?

Me, 31, dh 34 TTC #1 since Feb 2013 I cp in May Ttc mantra: ICs do not count!

10 years ago

Wow, Bindy! So sorry about your in-laws! That is unfortunate to say the least. I hope that they live far away and that you do not have to visit them often!

So impatient - your description of your dh made me laugh! My BF is quite similar, actually. When he has a headache, neck ache, back ache or any other issue there is no getting around it. I hope you are ovulating soon and can convince your dh for one more round!

My aunt is just a grumpy old woman and likes to nag. I'm not sure where she was coming from, but it was way over the top.

32 years old and BF is 37 TTC #1 Mom to 2 fur kids TTC since June 2013 Diagnosed with perimenopause Location: Colorado, USA

10 years ago

Dogmom- he's funny like that. We have guests coming soon too (similar to your recent issue) and I told him that if we're still trying at that stage we should just do it on the floor so we don't make noise on the bed. He looked horrified at the idea. He doesn't like discomfort or dust.

10 years ago

Gosh, all of your stories just make me realize how rude people can be. Sometimes without realizing and sometimes they are just jerks.
Dogmom, when I was married before, our I laws would ask me every single time we saw them , when we would be having a baby. Everyone else was having them! But I really wasn't ready back then and he sure as he'll was not!
I would just tell them, that we had more important things to do first. Like grow up, earn some money and get in a comfortable situation first.
Now when people bother me about it, I tell them still that I have other priorities and I lie profusely, and say people have babies when they have nothing interesting happening in there lives and are trying to fill a gap, but that I have such exciting projects And we are so happy in our couple that we don't feel the need. We are perfect just as we are. Lol lie! Lie! Lie! It shuts them up.

Bindy, I cannot believe your in laws! They are terrible people! I know they are his family and all, but anyone who considers someone's physical attributes more important than their character is an idiot, and worrying about what they say is not worth your time or energy. As for them saying that you are rude, I'd show them frigging a whole other side of rude if they talked about me like that! You should tell them that YOU are afraid to have children with their son, as they become hateful and ignorant like his parents!

Makiet, I'm hoping its a bfp for you!! No symptoms means nothing. Most women experience nothing until 4-6 weeks.

So impatient, hehehe. I've definitely thought of the floor before when people were visiting. Nothing will get in my way during that fertile window. Not guests and not a creaky bed.

10 years ago

I can just picture the look on you DH's face when you mentioned the floor, so impatient! So funny!!! Hopefully you won't need to be trying when your guests arrive.

This is the 2nd time this week that I've had incredibly painful cramping. Earlier in the week it was in the middle and today it was on my left side. It has eased up now, but I spent most of the afternoon on the couch with the heating pad. Not sure what is going on. AF isn't due until the 11th and I don't typically have this type of cramping during my cycle. I'm throwing out implantation cramping since it happened on 2 different days.

Did you test yet, Makiet?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

32 years old and BF is 37 TTC #1 Mom to 2 fur kids TTC since June 2013 Diagnosed with perimenopause Location: Colorado, USA

10 years ago

Bindy - that is just so rude of your in-laws I can't believe people would actually say things like that even if they are strangers!!

Still holding out on testing AF should come today if it has not shown by Tuesday I will test. DH leaving for Europe this afternoon.

Dogmom and Soimpatient, had such a good laugh at the whole on the floor scenario! a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

to all testing and trying

10 years ago

Hey ladies :) just come back from a weekend away with some others from work, no cell reception and a lovely beach to go walking on :)

I feel for you guys with crazy inlaws and awful friends! I'm lucky in that mine are really nice - my dh is an only child - not by their choice, my mil had to have a hysterectomy basically straight after he was born.

I was thinking bout going home to my dads for Xmas, but my step sister and sil are both pregnant and I don't know how much I can handle being around them.

It's a really strange feeling not to be joining I with the OPK and ewcm talk. We haven't had sex at all this month so I will know for certain that I can't get a bfp, but I'll prolly still look for it out of habit!

32yrs old DH 36 TTC #1 TTC since Oct 2011 - diagnosed anovulatory Feb 2013 6th cycle clomiphene Party trick - mood swings par excellence! Located: Palmerston North, NZ User Image

10 years ago • Post starter

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Wow a lot to catch up on!

My period started yesterday. So on to the next cycle. Gives me chance to loose some of the weight I gained. (yes I gained another 1kg instead of loosing LOL). did get up this morning to cycle. I still don't understand my second lines. Especially the one I had on Friday, but Maybe it was a cyst. Or just faulty tests. DH says he is sponsoring my digital tests for this month. So nice of him. He says he doesn't want me to get my hopes up again with false positives. Not even going to phone my dr. Know he will do a sonar, say there is nothing there (maybe a cyst or 2). And probably tell me that I am having chemicals. (which I doubt I am having) and that I should do beta's instead. But that's expensive and my medical aid is exhausted for the year.

Wendy, sounds like you had a great weekend. I have to say that I am so happy to hear that it is normal to not always have sex regularly. I sometimes make myself feel so bad. I am such a crazy person, even the months I didn't have sex on the right days, I still convinced myself that I can be pregnant.

Makiet, did you period come yesterday? You are so much stronger than I am. I would have tested in case it's positive to show DH.

Ouch sounds painful Dogmom! Don't think you should rule out implantation cramps just yet, Maybe there is still hope. Has the pain gone away? Or maybe your period is coming early?

Divact, people can be so insensitive. It's amazing how many lies one can come up with when asked about TTC. and about your friend. I would also call her an ex-friend. WTF. Idiot.

had a good laugh So impatient. Think DH would wonder what the hell is up if I suggest that. And have to say, the stubborn mule comment made my day. Can just imagine.

Bindy, It's so strange how we always think we are fat, then we gain about 10kg and then we realize that we weren't at and that we would love looking like that again. Well that's what I am thinking anyway. Wanted to loose just 4kg, then I would be happy....BUT instead I gained 6. Looking back I wasn't so fat 6kg ago. Your inlaws are crazy!! How freaking RUDE

10 years ago

So annoying Autumn. Nice your DH is saying and doing the right things!

I agree! Wendy helped make me feel more normal for not doing it every night-especially when not ttc (if I wasn't ttc I don't think we'd bother)! I really think I'm out this month. Dragged dh to water but couldn't make him drink if ya know what I mean. He was still sick though, so maybe tonight? When I'm feeling mean I say to him I can't wait until bfp (if that ever happens) so I don't have to beg for sex every month. I tell him if I get a bfp I won't darken his doorway for at least 15months (because we'd be ttc again straight away after weaning!!!).

I'm not sure what's going on O wise Anyway! I had an almost positive opk a few days ago and that one day of ewcm after the one day we , but lately it's been no ewcm and negative opks, high on my fm (no peak). So either that was the O, I haven't O'ed yet- or I'm not going to O?

(Possibly quite) bizarrely and inexplicably I have been in an up mood all day. Lots of energy. I don't get it. Is that an O symptom? Someone said I looked like I'd lost weight today which made me extremely happy, but that was right at the end of the day so it doesn't explain the rest of the day, especially because I was at work! I was just being really benevolent, playing nicely with others etc. Could just feel I wasn't being my usual gruff, standoffish Monday morning self. What do you think is up with that? Bearing in mind I'm not even getting my way wise! OK going to the gym now - buoyed by the recent triumph of a weight loss compliment.

Makiet you have iron willpower! Are you still "in"? would you tell your dh in a special way when he gets back or just text him straight away?

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo