Community post

Discussion

Does anyone else feel like a crazy person???!!!

View Full Post

I think I might be pregnant ....I'm probably not ....could be, I'm late and crampy ....or maybe I ovulated later than I thought ...My breast feels sore, I gotta be pregnant ...maybe it's sore from me poking at it to see if it's sore. LOL! Anyone else mentally wrestling yourself ?!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

9961 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

8251 - 8260 of 9961 Replies | Last Page

Hi ladies,
I've been off the grid trying to regroup from feeling down. Waking up @ 5am to do my bbt and seeing these bfn is getting tiresome.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
@ Jace's mom I love the giving idea.
@ Tara - no I haven't tried the progesterone yet. The acupuncture is suppose to help my body naturally produce more. I go to the doctor next Thursday and hopefully they will test my levels. How was your appt today?

8 years ago

DH surprised me by coming home extra early and driving me. Got there right on time after hitting traffic whew! We were put into his actual office with comfy chairs. He came in, shook our hands and jumped in head first. He hadnt looked over our files completely so he was curious as to why I looked depressed. Told him it's been a long journey. He started off by asking what we knew to be causing our issues with infertility. Then began my 20 minute monologue of our 3 year journey. As I talked you could see his heart break more and more for us. He hadnt see the miscarriage info yet cause it was buried deeper in our paperwork (3 years is a big file). By the time I finished, my mouth was completely dried out! He could finally see why I seemed out of it when we first met. He was really blown away by how much I knew and he gave me a fist bump for being my own medical advocate for 3 years now. Then he got real with me...he told me that he can tell that I'm exhausted and that I've been carrying this weight around on my back for a long time. He then said, "You're not alone in this. You can rest now cause I've got this". I started crying and he handed me the tissues. He said that I have final say in everything but that he's going to take the weight off my back and be the help I've been looking for.
Dr Simckes said he looks at 4 major areas...Sperm, Egg, Meeting of the Two, and Sticking. Dh's morphology was a little low 3 years ago and he wanted to redo the test and actually look at the swimmers himself. So poor dh got to jizz in a cup again ROFL! As far as my eggs go...there's always the possibility of the pcos just affecting my eggs but he doesnt think this is my issue since my levels have been so good. The Meeting of the Two we know works. He said dh is "great at knocking me up" lol! He's got a good sense of humor. But he whole heartedly believes that my issue stems from implantation. He's not sure if it's only the mthfr but he does believe it's part of it. My obgyn didnt test me for as many issues as he thinks she should have even though he's a fan of my obgyn. So tomorrow I have to have some bloodwork drawn. Their nurse that does the bloodwork had left so they had to send me to the lab by my house which closed before we could get to it . But I'm being tested for some different stuff I wasnt before and based on that he's also going to test me for celiac disease and autoimmune disorders. But no matter what, he's going to treat me like I have an autoimmune issue attacking my babies.
Umm....oh, he did an ultrasound himself. He said my lining was great and I'd probably be ovulating soon but when he checked my ovaries...I knew the second I saw the screen...no maturing follicles...ZIP! My heart sank. Not sure if my switch that came on last month that made me ovulate on time and get pregnant just switched off or it's just screwed up from my miscarriage a couple weeks ago . Broke my heart to see nothing in my ovaries but pcos cysts. I was really hoping that vitex and myo inositol was my missing link. My reproductive system is a butthead. Anyways, he said that what he really wants to do is jump in head first and start me on clomid mid-cycle (which is safe and Re's do it a lot). He'd have me on heparin injections as well for the mthfr and a high dose of immune suppressants. BUT he also said that he wants to do more diagnostics cause it'd kill him if I miscarried again and he missed something cause he just wanted to jump in a fix me. He gave me final say but when he saw my face as I tried to decide what to do, he said, "you know what, you've had to decide enough already. I'm going to make the decision so you dont have to this time". So he's going to take his time and be responsible. It's funny cause you can tell he's so excited about my solving my case and helping me have my babies- no kidding this is what he reminded me of......
User Image

So the game plan...if no temperature spike by Monday (highly unlikely after doing the ultrasound) then I'll start prometrium for 10 days then have a withdrawal bleed. Then between cd7 and 12, I get to have surgery!!! Well technically an outpatient "operation". He's going to do a HSG (dye shot into my uterus and fallopian tubes to check for abnormalities with x-ray) and a Hysteroscopy and D&C where he'll srape out my endometrium and look at the inside of my uterus. He wants to make sure there is nothing causing implantation failure before starting treatment. Luckily with timing, I'll be on a week vacation then and I'll be able to rest and recover. So that'll be the week of June 15th. After that cycle off, we'll start another clomid cycle. I'll be watched very closely. I'll be on all my current meds minus vitex plus a special medication for testosterone issues, twice as much immune suppressants than my obgyn gave me and daily heparin injections into my abdomen.

One thing I loved was that he never pushed IVF. He said that he's seen other women with my exact issues just not as many miscarriages (mostly since I'm seeing after 3 years rather than 1) and only 4 of them ever needed IVF. He said that the heparin plus immune suppressants seem to be the proper equation and he'll figure out mine too. So he said there's no need to think of IVF yet. Thank the Lord!!!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

8 years ago • Post starter

Sorry for the incredibily long post!!!!

Tara I got goosebumps reading that! He sounds awesome! Finally, someone who'll listen and do ALL the testing needed and not jumping into anything before he does all his homework with you, and knowing you have the final say and that ivf doesn't even need to be an option YAY!!! I wanna jump up and down and scream THANK YOU DR.SIMCKE! (Probably would if Jace wasn't asleep already) =) So glad you got to meet with him and that he's excited about finding the cause and wanting to help you. Just a matter of time now.. a little bit more of waiting will be completely worth it ;)

8 years ago

Tara, I'm so hopeful that he can solve this issue for you! I didn't think you'd need IVF. Good Luck my dear! I'm rooting for you every step of the way!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

8 years ago

Tara I am so happy for you! This doctor sounds really great. I am all positive thoughts for you and think he's going to be able to help you. Yay!!

for everyone! Dani TTC in my 20s for baby #1

8 years ago

Tara it sounds this was a great visit and this doctor is a blessing from God!
I'm so glad that he is positive and not pushing ivf. Sounds like your sticky bean is in the near future. God bless you!

8 years ago

Hello Ladies!

Tara, i so happy that you finally have a good doctor! That is sooooooooooooo important! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Missdani, sorry for the BFN but every day that passes ba we are 1 day closer to the day when we will hold our babies!

No News from Europe so far :)))), i went yesterday for the Progesteron Levels and this time they actually found my veins right where they were supposed to be !!! lmao! Waiting on the results... wow how i hate this waiting... what really funny is, is that for 2 days now i just HAVE to take a mid-day nap... very unusual for me but i am sure it is no sign of anything, i am only 8 dpo today. So that leaves me with... waiting.

Wish you all a great Friday and lots of Baby dust!

User Image

8 years ago

Oh my goodness!!!! Thats the best thing I have read all week! So happy you like him and even more happy that he is going to help you have a baby!!!!

8 years ago

Got ready to leave for my bloodwork with nephew in tow when I heard from the nurse. She said my insurance approved of all of the autoimmune and extra clotting blood panels so I get to get WAY more blood drawn to the point it may make me lightheaded. So I decided to wait til I didnt have my nephew with me. Hopefully I'll be able to get there before it closes today. If not, dh and I will go tomorrow. They are also testing me for Celiac disease. I was told by the ER in 2005 that I had IBS. Had a few flare ups but nothing too bad..until last year. TMI but I've had painful cramping and diarrhea almost everyday for 1 year now. Only thing that stops it is imodium and two days later it's back. It's exhausting and hard to feel sexy when you're afraid of needing to go mid. I really hopes it's negative though...I love my baked goods too much LOL. Oh and great news....they said dh's sperm anaylsis was PERFECT! Didnt get all the details but they said the swimmers went above and beyond the call of duty. So that just means I'm screwed up !

Thank you so much ladies!

@lisserb- thank you sweetie! How are you doing?

@astrid- Praying for high numbers!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo