Community post

Discussion

Group for the BFPs

View Full Post

Hi, girls! I just wanted to create a group for all the BFPs we have gotten. There have been so many lately and i have gotten to know a lot of you and i don't want to go to another forum. I feel bad talking on other groups about my bfp when others are still trying. So I figured we could talk about things in here too! I am 6w5d today. I have a 2yr old dd and am 39 yrs old. Just starting to get a few symptoms and my eye is twitching out of control. Hope to hear from my other bfp friends!

1366 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

921 - 930 of 1366 Replies | Last Page

Beaut1ful38 I am so so sorry to hear the news you had....I would definitely go for the further testing so you know.....the amino test....id says from experience don't do it :( if you're in the UK there is a test you can pay £200 for privately to avoid the needle drawing fluid...the NHS for some reason don't offer it, but it is due to expense but it is just as reliable as the amino test without the risk, this is what I would do. I have a half brother who is currently 15...from my dad's second marriage, his mum was 38 when she had him so needed the extra downs test. When they put the needle into my step mum's uterus my little brother punched the needle...he has only a thumb on one of his hands, as it resulted in his hand not developing properly. He has dealt with it like a trooper over his life...but not the best outcome. Obviously this was a highly unlikely outcome but that's my only experience with it.

So glad to hear all is progressing well Calvingirl....my daughter was born on the 23rd centile...she's onkykn the 2nd now for her height hehe she's dirty and her younger brother is taller but she is perfectly growing and very cute xxx

5 years ago

Hi ladies, I may be joining you in the next few days. I’ve gotten several light positives yesterday night and this morning. Yesterday morning was negative. I’ll get a beta draw today to see what’s going on they’re soo faint but def there! I really did not want to test this morning I was so scared last nights tests were negative/imagined, but nope, still very light positive line!

5 years ago

@Calvingirl, thank you very much! I love that ultrasound pic!! She looks beautiful:) one of mine got IUGR and they induced me at 35 weeks and grew like a weed after that. Hope all turns out well for you!

@ photomama I def see the lines on your tests, they look like positives to me!!! Make sure you let us know how the testing turns out!!

User image

5 years ago

@Beaut1ful38 - Like Roo said, your boy may not have down syndrome. You don't know 100% yet that he does. Lots of babies test positive some percentage and then turn out perfectly normal. If you feel in your heart that it's right to move on with the testing then that it what you should do. The ultrasound might show no sign of Down Syndrome. I'll be praying for you and your little boy.

5 years ago

@Beautiful I’ll be praying for you

user submitted image

5 years ago

@photomama that def looks positive to me!! Congrats!!

User image

5 years ago

photomama good luck...I see the line :)

Quick update...had my 38+3 week appointment today. Baby is now 4/5ths engaged!!!Yay...not that it means anything but it's the right direction. My bump was measuring small though this week...so I was sent for a scan, all is well with baby and looking to weigh around 7lb1oz.....hurry up now little one we are ready to meet you!! Sweep booked for next Friday xx

5 years ago

Lakarmw, yea! I am so happy for you! Im getting my sweep on nov 27th around 38wks. Trying for a nov 29th baby but induced on the 2nd. Have you had a sweep before? I did 2xs with dd and no luck. The 1st dr was rough and it really hurt, the second dr was great and i hardly felt it at all. I hope it works out all right for you. 7lbs is a good weight!

5 years ago • Post starter

Beaut1ful, I'm sorry you have to go through the stress of your baby and the test results. I know several women who had positive results for the genetic testing and their baby was perfectly healthy. They did the invasive test and it came out good. One friend opted out for it and the u/s came back ok. It would be scary at first but downs babies are so sweet and loveable. I used to work with them. Praying for you and your family and all the decisions you have to make. Just breathe. God has this!

Mrs DeeDee and photomama, congrats! So happy to see more babies! There is nothing like a ray of sunshine to brighten the horrible things happening in this world. I love to see the excitement that pours out of posts. Can't wait to see your progressions in the upcoming months.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo