Community post

Discussion

Group for the BFPs

View Full Post

Hi, girls! I just wanted to create a group for all the BFPs we have gotten. There have been so many lately and i have gotten to know a lot of you and i don't want to go to another forum. I feel bad talking on other groups about my bfp when others are still trying. So I figured we could talk about things in here too! I am 6w5d today. I have a 2yr old dd and am 39 yrs old. Just starting to get a few symptoms and my eye is twitching out of control. Hope to hear from my other bfp friends!

1366 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

231 - 240 of 1366 Replies | Last Page

Hope your appointment goes well. I think the worry never goes away for us mum's, the worry in pregnancy never goes away, so I think you're feeling normal, I'm all ready started to worry a little about my anomaly ultrasound, that isn't until the beginning of July. Hope they listen in for baby again. Good luck :)

5 years ago

@Lakarmw. You are so right about the never worrying as it never ends. I am still worried my 2 year old daughter will kick me or do something that will hurt the baby At the last minute of the appointment I asked him if I can hear it and he said sure, hop on the table while I get the doppler and get the belly ready. Measuing on schedule with a heartbeat of 161. Still praying for a boy and I only have to wait two more weeks (May 28). My other lab tests came back normal for Spinal Bifida and I am sure the baby doesn't have down syndrome so that is a bonus. I really hope your appointment in July comes fast for you. How far along are you and have you got to hear the heartbeat?

User image[/url]

5 years ago • Edited

@midnightrose (and anyone else who experienced this), I'm 6w,6d today and for the past week I've had blood or brown tinged CM when I wipe. I wouldn't even call it spotting, but it comes with almost constant cramping and heaviness. I kept a journal last pregnancy and I didn't have any of this till much further along. On the flip side, I have no headaches, no nausea, and although I have a bloodhound nose, no smells are offensive to me. I was D-Driver/babysitter for my sister's bachelorette party on Saturday and actually cleaned up someone's vomit and it didn't bother me at all. It's downright weird compared to my last - when even brushing my teeth at 6 wks would make me throw up. *Sorry so graphic, ladies.

Anyway, I know a certain amount of low grade cramping is normal, but the brown discharge is making me nervous. I have my first U/S scan on Wed and it can't come soon enough. I need to know baby is viable.

Question - has anyone refused a pelvic? I have such an irritable cervix that sustained a bit of damage my last birth (which I think is probably influencing the spotting), so I'm refusing the pap smear and the STI swabs. I'm not due for them, had them last year and I'm in a married committed relationship. I don't mind her looking at my cervix (although still don't feel I need a pelvic) but I don't want her touching it. I'm hoping the RN I'm dealing with will respect that choice and not come down hard on me. I hate bursting into tears at the drs office when I feel like I'm getting bullied.

5 years ago

@calvingirl I refused my pap smear! She said no problem, let's do it at your 6 week postpartum appt. She totally got why I didn't want anyone scratching around in there. I've read it's not good to have a pap when you're pregnant and was happy she understood.

Well, we're still down in FL and just told my in laws and sister in law and her husband the news yesterday. There was no "I knew it!" I'm shocked!! Lol just a couple happy tears and they've been chill ever since. I'm so glad! I still have a bunch of people to tell but definitely won't any time soon.

5 years ago

Drangonfly23 I'm now 13 weeks :) and yes I've heard baby, I have my own doppler too so I can listen to baby when I please as I can now find baby really easily :) it's so so reassuring. They won't listen to baby at the midwives until my 16week appointment. I heard baby today and was 153bpm. They do the anomaly ultrasound here at 20 weeks, and that's when we can find out the sex if we want, but I don't think we will :)

Calvingirl, I can see why would be worried about the cramping and spotting, I'm sure it'll be nothing too worrying, when I had my spotting they told me I only needed to go back if I was bleeding heavily or in a lot of pain, so hopefully it's nothing. Good luck for Wednesday, I will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Where I live unless there is cause for concern they refuse to do any kind of internal examination until 40 weeks for a sweep, as they think at times it can cause the cervix to become irritated. I'm due a smear in October and I know they'll refuse to do it until at least 3 months after birth. So yes you are well within your rights to refuse xxx

5 years ago

@Lakrmw. I thought about getting a doppler but I think I will become obsessed with it and want to check it every minute or be the opposite and freak me out if I can't find it and throw me into a anxiety attack. My husband and I want to find out as I have been waiting so patiently and it makes it easier to plan things and sort things out; like do I need to buy bunk beds if it's a girl or stuff like that.

User image[/url]

5 years ago

It certainly does make it easier to plan, we found out the other two at 20 weeks. I do love my doppler I like to check in on baby to make sure they are still there, I'm sure I won't the same once I feel definite movement going on. I'm lucky and I can usually find baby pretty quickly now. I'm thinking boy as the sound is like a train, whereas girls are supposed to sound like galloping horses hehe xxx

5 years ago

Lakarmw, i have never heard that. Come to think of it, my dd sounded like a galloping horse. That's exactly how i described it. It sounds different this time but i figure i didnt start listening to dd until 18w so this is way earlier. I picked it up at 8w3d this time. I thought maybe it was bc the heart is still developing.
Getting nauseaus still. It has been getting worse the last week. I was hoping it would start to diminish now. Never had much til 9w, but the last 3 days have been puking stomach bile. Sorry if tmi.

5 years ago • Post starter

Hi Ladies – sorry I’ve been a bit MIA for a few days. I had my first ultrasound on May 11th and the heartbeat looked good 126-131 and we saw the heartbeat and I measured 7w0d. My first appt with the dr is scheduled for next Wednesday, May 23rd and Idk when my next ultrasound will be, but I’m super anxious to see the baby bigger and see the heartbeat still going! We’ll be getting the NIPT test that will also tell us the gender in a couple more weeks! Because of my “advanced maternal age” I can find out the sex with that text anytime between 10-12 weeks so we are going to asap! lol

Dragonfly – I hope you get the boy you’ve been dreaming about and yearning for! Thank you for sharing that about feeling the baby! I have only made it as far as 8w5d in my previous pregnancies so I’m looking forward to feeling kicks and everything else that comes later in pregnancy this time, God willing!!

Lakarmw – yayyyyy!! So glad your ultrasound went so well! You must be so relieved and excited!! CONGRATS and I’m so happy everyone was so excited for you too! Thanks for the tip re: Doppler sounds! That’s super interesting to me and I have a home Doppler I plan to use once I’m further along. I know it will give me the reassurance I’ll need!

Midnightrose3 – So happy for you that the spotting stopped and all is well!! We are about the same as far as how far along we are! Today I am 7w4d and my due date is Dec 28th… so I’m not too far behind you! Also, I have felt short-winded the past couple weeks – when I walk upstairs, etc. that has never happened to me before this pregnancy…

Calvingirl – I think some spotting is okay in early pregnancy as long as it’s not bright red, but I would call just to be extra cautious. I feel a bit crampy today – in my lower right abdomen and it’s been steady for the past half hour-hour or so, no spotting, but def some lights cramps – I’m guessing my insides are stretching bigger or something? Only one more day until your ultrasound! Fingers crossed for you and your baby!!

SheRiskers – I forget if I had a pap smear my last pregnancy, but I would prefer not to have one while pregnant if I have a choice… thank you for the info/tip. So happy your in law’s were happy for you! Must have been a relief ?

Kelliria – So sorry you haven’t been feeling well… what do you do when you feel the nausea? I heard ginger helps? If not ginger ale I think they make some ginger throat lozenges you can suck on?

I felt so nauseous on the way to work today that I thought I was gonna toss my cookies in the car, but I didn’t thankfully, but felt it was right there in my throat… I feel like the only thing that helps me is eating carbs and I feel like that is making me gain weight ? I really don’t want to gain a lot of weight being pregnant because I know it’ll just make it harder for me to take off after and it’ll be a healthier pregnancy if I have less weight on me and it’ll be better for my back – I have a metal rod in my back for having scoliosis and when I have extra weight on me it makes the pain worse.

I wish I had another ultrasound booked so I knew when I'd get to see the baby again... it's going to feel like forever to me. Last time I was pregnant the baby's heart stopped around 8w5d and when I went in at 10 weeks and told them I had loss of symptoms they sent me for u/s and there was no heartbeat, so as much as I'm trying to stay positive I still have that in my head and my first appt with the doctor to go over all the future appts, etc. is on May 23rd and I'll be 8w5d at that appt... weird how certain things like that will forever stick in your head.

5 years ago

Bb2018, i have a home doppler and the 1st day i used it, i found the hb aat 8w3d. You may be able to pick it up soon. Just go into knowing it may be too early, and if you do find it that early, you may be off and on til a little farther along.
I am getting a NIPT this coming monday. I can't wait to find out what I'm having. I am actually ok with either one. I feel girl because we all have girls on my moms side, especially my generation and younger. So of coarse i want a boy, but a girl would be convenient cause we already have one for toys and clothes and I've heard sisters are special.
I was freaked too cause i have had a mmc. Lost it at 7w1d. My 1st ultrasound was 7w4d. I had horrible what ifs in my head.
I gained 50 lbs with dd. I went from 120 to 170 at birth to 130 after birth. (Im 5'7") I gained to 150 for a few years and when i found out this time i was 143. I am 10w3d and gained 3 lbs. Hopefully, i can motivate and get back to atleast 130 after. Sorry about the weight class. Lol. After i reread it it a lot of numbers.
My nausea is diminishing. I get a wave in the early am btwn 4-6am and btwn 3-5pm usually. My bbs aren't hurting anymore but they are still full. I have no aversions hardly. I can definately tell the placenta is starting to take over.
Well, i have rambled enough. Have a great day!

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo