Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

651 - 660 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Oh Lucky!! Good luck tomorrow!!!! All appendages are crossed!!!

6 years ago

How is everyone doing?

Twwtoolong- did the witch stay away from you?

AFM, My transfer went well, minus losing power due to a storm lol. I'm 5dp5dt today and decided to test and got a positive, my first ever bfp :-) My beta isn't until Thursday so I'm trying not to get too excited but I think its a little late for that lol.

6 years ago

Lucky!!!!! I am so excited to read that you saw a BFP!! I hope this is it for you!!!

The witch only stayed away until Wed, so no BFP for me this round. DH is finally getting his butt into gear and is starting with blood work tomorrow and if nothing happens this cycle then back to the RE we go.

6 years ago

Lucky I just saw this, that is awesome! Hopefully your beta confirms and then keeps rising. Here's to donor eggs!

Tww sorry the witch showed. What is DH getting blood work for? Have they done an SA or blood test on you to get your FSH or AMH? I've been doing a LOT of research lately of protocols ha

6 years ago • Post starter

Babybump - DH actually has a mole that has really darkened and become itchy, so the GP gave him the full panel. He absolutely hates Dr's so this is actually a big step for him and the first in getting this all figured out (ie. start with general health check and then get to the fertility stuff). We both are wanting kids more than ever, we literally talk about our kids almost every day now, so he's promised that we will get answers regarding our infertility this Fall (we are moving next month to get me closer to work, so assuming everything is good with the mole, we will get back to the RE with my next cycle).

The last cycle that I monitored in April/May I had thought my FSH was elevated but it was actually great (in the 7 range). My antral follicle count was 16 (8 each side), which is not too bad for my age (just turned 36). Oddly, my LH that was a little elevated on CD3 (10.5), but was in range for the rest of the cycle. My TSH was high during that cycle (3.5) and so they up'd my synthroid. I had my TSH checked again in June with my GP (he does a general panel with my annual given my B12 history and family history of CVD) and for the first time it was actually under 2 (1.67). I had my AMH blood work drawn last fall but still haven't gotten the results since DH hadn't completed his SA (Dr. will not review with us until that is complete). I still find it a bit odd that they will give me results for everything else but this, but it's just the way that clinic works. If you have any insights from your research, I'd love to hear it! As for supplements, I am currently taking synthroid, Ubiqinol (activated Co-Q10), Vit B12, Vit D, Vit E, Vitex (casteberry- it's supposed to help with wicked AF cramps that I get) and a prenatal. If you have any other suggestions, I am totally open to them!

Lucky - I am so hopeful that you'll get a great beta on Thursday!

6 years ago

That's really weird they won't give you our AMH without him doing a SA. They're not even in the same department, phlebotomists would be doing yours and is probably an outside company that sends in the results, and the lab embryologists would be doing his SA. That sounds really shady. I've mentioned before, but you need to switch RE's because either they're lying to you about details and suggesting protocols that are EXTREMELY far fetched for someone in your age range, prognosis, and ttc length of time - any knowledgable RE would be more concerned about a time frame. They're either a brand new doctor, or they're scamming you big time for being a fake health care institute because nothing you've said makes sense for how an RE should be run.

Lucky - how did the beta go?

Hi ladies!

My beta came back at 524 Thursday and 1016 today. I will have my first US on August 8th. It still really doesn't seem real.

Where is everyone else in their cycles?

6 years ago

Lucky-congrats!! Super exciting news and I hope all continues to progress beautifully

As for me, I follow along to see how y'all are doing and I'm glad to hear everyone seems to be moving forward in the process! I am currently 32 weeks pregnant and we are inducing at 39 weeks since DH is deployed...thankful he'll be able to come home for the birth! Our little lady will be born on 9/7/17....it's getting SOOOO close!! We can't wait to meet her

I'll continue to check in and read along re: everyone's progress. Babybump, I know you are approaching retrieval/transfer/etc soon so I'm excited to hear some good news!!

6 years ago

Lucky!!! I am so happy for you!!! I hope everything continues to go well!

Sarah28- it's so close now! How exciting!

Babybump - I totally agree. I think a lot of this issues that I have had are that I was going to a satellite clinic of the main clinic and so there is no RE there on a regular basis, just nurses. As a result, they will only go by a very strict order of operations. We have already paid for the SA at that clinic, so I think we will do that there still, but we are moving to a new city Sept 1, so we'll see how this cycle goes. If still no luck, we will go to the old clinic and at least get our results. I don't feel like I trust them to actually do any treatment, so we'll likely transfer to a clinic in our new city at that point. I can't wait to move, it will cut down my commute by about 2 hours per day!!! I hope you are doing well- you must be gearing up soon!

6 years ago

Lucky that is great! Hopefully those numbers keep rising! This will be such a great experience for you :)

tww you should definitely switch asap. They made you pre-pay for an SA? I've never heard of that. And even though it is a satellite/remote clinic they should still be doing the monitoring and reporting back to the RE, the nurses shouldn't even be making any protocol decisions. It is their job to do the RE called for monitoring and send the results back and basically be middlemen for communications. I know plenty of people who are using remote clinics for their monitoring because their RE is hours away - even some of them in Canada - and I've never heard of anything you're describing. And the fact that they're holding your medical records from you is illegal, so there's that too which is hard to believe they would do. I just feel like you're wasting your own time at this point and letting them take advantage of you..after this much time of ttc and nothing you've got to accept there's something wrong, it's a clinical diagnosis after 1 year and your chances are less than 1%. Without getting the right tests (which like I said any reputable RE would be pushing for at your point, aren't you over or near 35?) you're just wasting time and that's sad. Be proactive, bitch at the clinic if they truly are telling you these things, and gtfo of there!

I just feel like you get your hopes up each month when the chances are extremely slim, and you still don't have any answers for anything.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo