Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

471 - 480 of 713 Replies | Last Page

babybump-this is SUCH exciting news!!! I'm so glad things are moving forward smoothly!

twwtoolong-that could not have been an easy conversation :( As a first grade teacher, I see so many kiddos who don't have the best home environment. I wonder how people like that are blessed with children, when so many others so desperately want children and struggle to get pregnant :(

lucky-I hope you are able to get lots of follies to freeze! A friend of mine did 7 rounds of IVF and she only had success with frozen, so fingers crossed it's the trick!!

We have our first ultrasound tomorrow...I'm excited and am curious to see how far along I am. I suspect I'm further than they initially said, but who knows! I developed a terrible cold a few days ago and it has knocked me on my ass. I was trying to let it run its course, but I can't breathe, swallowing hurts and I can't sleep. Called the doctor for a list of approved meds. It's crazy how the mindset changes completely. I feel like I'm constantly checking to see if something is safe to eat or take haha

7 years ago

twwtoolong - I could have sworn I responded to yours when you first posted, so sorry! I can't even imagine having to talk to a student about that. I have a student who is 5 or 6 months pregnant (I teach 12th grade, so not *as* normal for this as college age) who asked me if I knew anything about pregnancy. I just kind of looked at her and said "Uh...a little." ha It's nice the students trust us enough to talk to us about things like that, but sometimes I'd rather just not hear it. I can't imagine what you were thinking while trying to keep your composure and talk to him.

Sarah - keep us posted on how tomorrow goes! I suspect you're a bit further along as well, I'm ready to start taking some bets on due dates

7 years ago • Post starter

Started the stim shots today - menopur burns. A lot. No way to get around that one. Follistim had no issues and was just like the lupron. BOTH of them made me bleed afterwards and left little marks though, so I'm going to look very spotty when it's all done.

SO excited to get rolling with this! I only have enough follistim for 12 days so here's hoping!

7 years ago • Post starter

babybump-WOW! It's getting soooo close!!!

We had our first ultrasound yesterday! The doctor thinks I'm about 6 weeks along. The baby is 0.39 cm in size-so teeny tiny- and the doctor said the sac and everything else looks good. We obviously couldn't see the heart, but saw the heartbeat!! So amazing....because there is a heartbeat/the doctor could see it, it drops the miscarriage rate from 70% to 10%. Once I hit 8 weeks, if all still looks well, it drops the rate to 1%

I go back the next 2 weeks for ultrasounds, since this appointment is usually between 8-10 weeks. Doctor will measure growth and monitor. My EDD is 9/13/17

On March 6, I go in for the genetic testing and we will also have blood drawn to find out the sex of the baby-so exciting!!

7 years ago

babybump - 2 weeks of pain for hopefully a life full of happiness!
I am so excited for you!

Sarah- that is amazing!! It's funny, hearing the heartbeat for the first time is probably one of the moments I have dreamt about the most in this whole ttc business!!! So precious! Congrats again!!!

7 years ago

Sarah- congrats again, I can't wait to hear a heartbeat :-)

I had 7 eggs retrieved and 5 were mature and 4 fertilized. Of the 4 I had 2 that were froze on day 3 and then the other 2 were behind so they were going to check them again on day 5 to see if they are still progressing or if they have arrested. I was disappointed to find out only 2 were froze on day 3, but that is better than none and maybe these are my 2 little miracles :-) I could still get good news tomorrow that the other 2 hit a growth spurt and are blasts so I'm just praying hard for the little ones. I'm hoping to be able to do my FET this next cycle, I'm very impatient lol.

7 years ago

luckykap - sending lots of growing vibes your way! I hope those two will catch up! Keep us posted and hopefully you can have your FET soon!

7 years ago

Lucky-fingers crossed the others had a growth spurt!! You're absolutely right too-the 2 frozen could be your little miracle babies!!

Please keep us posted and I'm sending lots of positive, sticky vibes your way!!

7 years ago

Well didn't get the news I wanted this morning, the other two didn't grow at all since Friday but the good thing is I've got my 2 little frosties. I hope these are my little miracles :-)

7 years ago

luckykap - I am so sorry to hear that - but you are right, those two lil ones might be in your arms before you know it! Rest up and fingers crossed for a smooth FET next cycle!

Do you know yet whether you will transfer both or just one?

Huge hugs - anyone who is on the IVF journey just amazing me, I am in awe of your strength!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo