Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

551 - 560 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Wow, good luck and hopefully they can open them It would be awesome if you could try an IUI before going donor route especially if it's just your tubes. Keep me posted! I'm Praying all goes well for you Wednesday:-)

7 years ago

Wow Ladies - I am so praying for you both! We pulled out of my family easter dinner at the last minute and I perhaps had a meltdown on friday about it all. I don't know how you two have done it so far into your journey's, you have such amazing strength~
babybump - that is amazing news that your hubby will be done chemo so soon! I hope you get to try at least once this summer - something about the piece of mind of it all when you had a plan in your head!

Glad I am not on an island here :)

7 years ago

twwtoolong- I had to leave once the 4 month old arrived, but Other than that I actually did ok today.

7 years ago

twwtoolong- I had to leave once the 4 month old arrived, but Other than that I actually did ok today.

7 years ago

Well I'm home and laid up in bed from my surgery. Lots of pain, but they sent me home with some very nice pain killers so I'll be taking full advantage. My parents took me today and I told the doctor I didn't want him telling them all of the information and to wait and call me tomorrow so I can know and then fill my husband in. In between me tuning in and out I was apparently asking a lot of questions to the nurse waking me up and luckily I texted some people immediately and when I actually regained coherence hours later I was able to look back and remind myself what they told me!

-Said I did have stage 1 endometriosis and they were able to remove it
- They had to remove 2 polyps in my uterus (interested to hear about that)
- and also THEY WERE ABLE TO OPEN THE TUBES!

Not sure what all that will mean for fertility, but I took the week off to recover so once I get back on track hopefully we'll get some answers.

I also got my ovarian numbers back and they were actually great! Everything fell within the average range meaning I do have enough eggs in there, just not sure if they're good quality.

Still on track for donor in August but if my tubes are open and I DO have eggs, we may look into doing IUI a couple of times over the summer with my husband's frozen sperm since his fresh sperm isn't good for minimum 6 months.

EEEEK this could have been such a good move! I'm so excited about the results (except this damn pain..its awful.). I have knives up under my boob and around my shoulder from the gas they pumped in and 3 incisions on my stomach that are sore and hurt when I take deep breaths or cough - which I'm doing a lot from the breathing tube.

I'll keep y'all posted when the doctor calls tomorrow!

7 years ago • Post starter

Babybump! This is so exciting!!!! In spite of the pain, you sounds more upbeat than I have read in a long while! I think it's super promosing- you have age and now clear tubes and good eggs on your side!!! Your news was a huge pick me up today!

I am in the tww again. The only thing we did differently this cycle was the sperm helper lubricant (Zestica - Canadian version of Concieve Plus). If we aren't successful this month, it's back to the clinic we go. I actually had a really good chat with DH and finally, I feel like we are on the same page. We'll see what they have to say about our situation, but currently we are game for any meds for me to see if it can help with timed intercourse cycles. If IUI's are required, we'll talk about that when we get there.

We are not quite ready to commit emotionally to a full round of IVF just yet, however, we are really fortunate and in Ontario, the government will cover one round of IVF and all singleton transfers from that cycle (not including medication, but I checked and it looks like my insurance will cover 85% of most meds that would be prescribed). So we are going to ask whether we can freeze my eggs with the program (or what the cost would be), or if we have to make embryo's and if so, whether we can choose when we want to transfer (essentially bank our fertility, cause my eggs are not getting any younger, but we aren't quite ready emotionally to invest in the IVF route).

I am 8 dpo today and AF is due the middle of next week, so we'll see how it goes! I am really trying to be hopeful and postive this month.

7 years ago

Well AF showed up super early (afternoon of cycle day 24) -*SIGH*

I have aslo ovulated super early the past 2 months as well one cycle day 11. It's still a 13 day luteal phase with is normal for me, but 11 day follicular phase is super short for me. Just booked a day 3 appt on Thursday, so back to the clinic we go......

7 years ago

Twwtoolong- good luck and I hope you get answers. Did your DH do his thing yet?

7 years ago

Thanks luckykap - He's booked for Monday. We were all ready to go in March and he got called into work and ended up cancelling his appt. His work schedule has dramatically changed these past few months and is quite unpredictable (can get a call at 9pm to be at work for 6:30 am the next morning). So we are trying to make it work, but it's a challenge.

My appt went well today, I had 8 antrals on both sides for a total of 16. This is the most that I have ever had on a day 3 appt since monitoring in Sept. Maybe the Co-Q 10 is working. It's also been 6 months since my first full bloodwork screen, so they did the whole panel again.

My next appt is Tuesday, so they will see what is happening with these shorter cycles.

7 years ago

Twwtoolong - Did hubby make it in the cup today!? haha

I have such great news ladies. Not really fertility wise, but hubs had his 6 month PET scan and we found out chemo kicked cancer's ass and he's now cancer free!! We're still on a 6 month hold from him having usable sperm, but we're finally on a countdown to him being useful in that sense again instead of no-mans land!

We also decided to give IUI a chance this month. It may not even be worth it, but with open tubes and no endo I feel like I have to give it a shot. I'm going to take pregnitude to hopefully give me some better egg quality. Any tips/advice on IUI? What is the medicine process?

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo