Community post

Discussion

Current 11dpo looking for fellow first timers for support

View Full Post

Hi all, we have been TTC our first for 6 months now and I have been on these boards reading almost every single day, this process has now gotten so obsessive to me my DH is tired of me over analyzing everything only to be let down with a BFN every single month.

I'm 11dpo now, AF is due on Saturday (5/14) and I have taken probably 6 internet cheapies since 9dpo and I keep getting BFN. Every month I feel like I get the symptoms, then just chalk them up to AF time. This month has been a bit different:

0-7dpo: Not much change, I just noticed I was VERY gassy (like I am during AF) and bloated
8dpo: breasts got very tender and I was woken up to cramps during the night.
9dpo: breasts still tender, starting to get noticeable veins, mild cramps on and off again waking me up in the night. BFN (tested today because of Mother's Day, thought it would be a sign and a welcome surprise)
10dpo: Still bloated/gassy, breast tenderness goes down, veins disappearing, thick CM appears BFN
11dpo: Today - breasts only sore to the touch. Still bloated and gassy. No hints of anything else.

I am one who has VERY painful cramps at AF time and never thought I really cramped beforehand, the last few months I've gotten these mild cramps a couple of days early which then led to AF, but this time they were a full 7 days before AF which has never happened and I feel this is making me obsess even more.

I hope you ladies accept me into the community! I just know and hope having some support will help ease my mind and if another BFN pops up I know I will need the help to get through it and start from scratch again :(

713 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

561 - 570 of 713 Replies | Last Page

Babybump - what awesome news about DH being cancer free! That's got to be a wonderful feeling for the both of you.
Maybe that is the start of your good news this month :-) Hopefully you just needed the lap and now your body is ready to be a home for that baby for 9 months. What meds are you going to be taking for the IUI? If it is clomid/femara that is an oral med, I did a couple cycles this way and then did injections the others. If you do the injections they monitor you similar to IVF, and you will take the trigger when ready and they do the IUI 36 hours later (at least at my clinic). With clomid I took opks and had an US on CD 12 or 13 and then if ready triggered or if my body was already surging they had me come back that day or the next. I'm praying this will be your cycle :-) Keep me posted and if you need anything else just let me know, after 9 of them I have it down lol.

twwtoolong- I hope everything went well for DH and for your appt today. Hopefully you get those answers, I know its got to be frustrating.

AFM, My goal is to narrow down donors by the end of the week. I have to keep stopping, its so much. I almost wish they would just match me with one lol. I do well with it for awhile and then when I think about the reasons I have to do it, I cry. I'm sure everything will work out, I just hope it does soon.

7 years ago

I don't know! I asked them their protocol but they just said to call when AF started again to get it all scheduled. I guess I'll find out next week when that happens. I hope it's just the oral meds though because I'm scared to use up my stim meds again when I could give them to my possible donor. That stuff is expensive.

7 years ago • Post starter

Yes they are! I used follistim or gonal for my injectable cycles and you take a lot less, I think I took 150 for 5 nights and then backed down to 100 for one night and triggered the next day. They don't want as many follicles so they don't give you that high of a dose. If your out of pocket and want to avoid extra costs also, I would do oral without monitoring. Are you going back to your first clinic? That's a great idea to save your meds for your donor, I never had any extra lol.

7 years ago

Yes going back to my original one since that is where the sperm is banked. I think I prefer it anyway, I don't know why but I get weird vibes at this new one and they don't treat me as "nicely"? It's just very...medical there. My older one was very like fluffy and baby hearts and stuff haha best way I can describe it. Just a happier atmosphere. All painted pink and cloudy and the other one is just like a giant cinderblock building and very clinical. I'm glad they were able to get my body all prepped, but I won't be continuing with them

LOL, I totally get it. I thought about second opinions before but my doctor and staff are awesome. There are 4 docs in the practice and there is only 1 I prefer not to use, the others treat you as if you were there patient. Plus my doc is awesome, there have been some things he has done for me and not charged me. A couple weeks ago he did a infused sonogram that usually costs 500-850 and he didn't charge me at all. Also, for one of the injectable IUI cycles that cost 1750 at my clinic, he didn't charge me. I just feel like I have come to far with him and by golly hes going to get me pregnant LOL.
I called another clinic a couple of weeks ago just getting estimates and the lady was so rude and told me since I would be using donor eggs and sperm I would just be a surrogate. I thought what an insensitive b****, its hard enough knowing I can't have my own biological child and now your just calling me a surrogate. This will be my child and I will be the mother. I was fuming!!

7 years ago

Hello Ladies!
I am just getting caught up!

Babybump - I never thought I would say this, but I hope AF shows up soon so you can try with an IUI!!! Congrats on your hubby!!! That is so exciting and must be a massive relief!!!

Luckykap- I would have would have been ready to crawl through the phone at that B****! That is awful, does she have no compassion at all???

AFM - The clinic actually called after my last post and had to up my levothyroxine (was on 50, now on 75 mcg) and cancelled the sperm analysis as they thought we would be in my fertile window based off last months cycle. I had my follow up today, however, and nothing was over 1 cm yet. I asked for my TSH, and it was worse than before I started any of this (last week TSH =3.53, and that was on 50 mcg of levothyroxine; my first monitored cycle before being on Levo, my TSH = 3.05). The nurse didn't mention it, but I saw that my FSH was also in red on the screen at 10.75...it was in the 7 range in Feb....that's a big jump, is it not?

Either way, it looks like my body is all over the place this cycle. I am back to the clinic for an US and more bloodwork on Thursday. I think they are giving up on this being a timed cycle because they said to rebook the SA for Friday (I think just to get it over and done with). It just really felt like a big shift in gears today. Previously, it felt like they didn't believe me or that it was maybe just a matter of time (like, just check the boxes lady so we can give you some clomid and get you out of here). But today it kinda felt like it was more of a let's just get through all the steps so you can talk to the Dr and forget about naturally concieving this cycle. It was like there was way less confidence in this potentially happening naturally.

Feeling a little defeated today....I will keep y'all posted on Thursday.

7 years ago

Tww that sucks, i'm sorry :(

Thats so weird your clinic would cancel your SA. Even if it was your fertile window and trying naturally, a SA wouldn't affect the chances of anything with that. The fact that your clinic thinks it would is a little concerning, especially coupled with the fact they're rushing you through everything and can't even decide what doses of anything to put you on. Plus they want to move the SA to Friday when they just canceled it, what difference would 3 days make in their minds? Have you looked into any alternate clinics? That one just sounds like they don't know what they're talking about

Hi ladies,

I've been following along with everyone's progress. Babybump, super exciting news for your hubs AND the potential for an IUI cycle!

TWW, I have to agree with Babybump...it doesn't make sense that the clinic would cancel DH's sperm analysis...my husband did his when it was convenient with his schedule regardless of where I was in the cycle (and we were trying naturally, but just going through the testing protocol). Then to reschedule for Friday doesn't make any sense. I would definitely look at other clinics. It seems like you guys have been dealing with a lot of back and forth for months (maybe longer)! My clinic knocked all our testing out within a month (one cycle) and we naturally got pregnant the following month. I hope I don't sound harsh, but it seems like a lot of wasted time for you guys :( I would be really frustrated.

7 years ago

Hi Ladies,
The reason the clinic said to wait was because they consider the 4-5 days leading to ovulation your fertile window, so they wanted us to be doing the deed by this Sunday/Monday, thinking I would ovulate Thurdsay/Friday (based on my last cycle), but then today the nurse was like, just book the analysis asap (our clinic requires him to abstain for 3-5 days before the analysis). I don't know if that is because I had nothing growing today, so they figure that I will ovulate much later this month and therefore we are still way before our window, or what. I have been hot and cold with this clinic and have contemplated moving clinics before, but we have already paid for DH's SA and my AMH was tested there (we are still waiting for the results, need to meet with the Dr. for that and they won't book our appt with him until the SA is done and post coital is done).

When a cycle doesn't turn out, I feel like I am geared up and ready to get this figured out and then, two appts in to the month, I just lose the wind in my sails and get sad and upset that we can't make it happen just naturally....uber frustrated....

7 years ago

AF showed today. I almost wasn't sure thats what it was because I had so much less pain than normal, I hope this is the new normal!

Called my original clinic and got an IUI scheduled for May 15. Starting letrazole on Saturday! Here's hoping this is our cheap fix to it all. I start BC pills on my next cycle to time it out with my donor so this is our last chance.

Lucky any advice for the IUI??

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo